2022 Rumors?

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I thought it was going to have some sparkle to it but looking at this video, it looks like a flat color w/ clear coat. I think it's a bit lighter than Smoke Show but if it's flat w/ clear coat... IM DOWN

Time for someone start a Silver Zynith club thread!
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

NightHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500 Limited, TBD Gladiator
I also work in "cyber" but I've never once in my entire life heard anyone in "cyber" call it "cyber" until now. I thought that was just what politicians who didn't know what "cyber" actually was used as a catchall for everything computery and hard to cover for some even more clueless politician who called it "cyber" to begin with.
Not that it really matters but that guy was most likely referring to Cybersecurity which is very commonly referred to as cyber in the industry. Interested what vulnerabilities he is most concerned about though.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Not that it really matters but that guy was most likely referring to Cybersecurity which is very commonly referred to as cyber in the industry. Interested what vulnerabilities he is most concerned about though.
The dreaded Russian hacker or Solar flares.

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I have no idea what wheels will be on my Sport S when it comes in. There was some very confusing ordering issue when I placed my order where the only wheels the dealer could specify was WFP while the web site and the last published order guide was saying that WF6 was the right wheel order code. :headbang:
Not sure if there the same as the new 22s, but I ordered a 21 Sport S that wasn’t built until late September and the black aluminum rims that came standard aren’t the old traditional 5 spoke, they’re actually pretty nice.
I put a pic of my rims below.
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rumors? 4042103B-F67E-4814-9326-F7BBDFA72E81

Sponsored

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not sure if there the same as the new 22s, but I ordered a 21 Sport S that wasn’t built until late September and the black aluminum rims that came standard aren’t the old traditional 5 spoke, they’re actually pretty nice.
4042103B-F67E-4814-9326-F7BBDFA72E81.jpeg
That is nice! Sure beats the 5 spoke shown on the Jeep.com Sport S page. Almost looks like a 17" version of the Overland or 80th Anniversary wheels :rock:

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Actually, Gupton just reached back out to me and confirmed Gecko Green is NOT a 2022 option in his system.
Shocked (SHOCKED!) a non-Gupton dealer spouted off random nonsense to a customer to string them along :(

It was stated somewhere that MY2022 showed up in some internal system as "2021.5".
There was zero evidence of this. There was one unsubstantiated vague claim that then got quote-posted a few times. There's no reason at all to believe 2021.5 exists in any way.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
4042103B-F67E-4814-9326-F7BBDFA72E81.jpeg
I can get down with these! Any idea on the wheel code on your build sheet? Hope this is the Sport Altitude trim wheel. Better yet, is that a Max tow? Could assume this is the new Max Tow wheel then.

Last edited:

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I can get down with these! Any idea on the wheel code on your build sheet? Hope this is the Sport Altitude trim the wheel. Better yet, is that a Max tow? Would assume this is the new Max Tow wheel then.
It is a max tow (forgot to mention that even though I’m always supposed to… lol) and both the build sheet and window sticker just say 17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Gloss–Black Aluminum Wheels. My dealer did say it’s the only gladiator he’s seen with those rims. When I originally built the gladiator on the Jeep website and sent the build to the dealer for ordering it said black aluminum wheels and showed a picture of the old 5 spoke wheels just in black so I was very pleasantly surprised to see these rims on it when I picked it up.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
It is a max tow (forgot to mention that even though I’m always supposed to… lol) and both the build sheet and window sticker just say 17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Gloss–Black Aluminum Wheels. My dealer did say it’s the only gladiator he’s seen with those rims. When I originally built the gladiator on the Jeep website and sent the build to the dealer for ordering it said black aluminum wheels and showed a picture of the old 5 spoke wheels just in black so I was very pleasantly surprised to see these rims on it when I picked it up.
I bet these are the new Altitude wheels because they are listed the same way on the build sheet.

Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
The Altitude wheels are 20 inches though. That looks like a 17 inch.
high altitude wheels are 20” but there is a new trim available on Sport models called Altitude

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
The Altitude wheels are 20 inches though. That looks like a 17 inch.
They are definitely 17 inch on my gladiator. Not sure if they just ran out of sport wheels at the end of the model year and had to give me something or if they’re the new Sport S or Max Tow standard wheels. There were a few other guys who ordered Sport S Max Tow builds around the same time as me and also waited a very long time like me for the build, I wonder what wheels they got.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
They are definitely 17 inch on my gladiator. Not sure if they just ran out of sport wheels at the end of the model year and had to give me something or if they’re the new Sport S or Max Tow standard wheels. There were a few other guys who ordered Sport S Max Tow builds around the same time as me and also waited a very long time like me for the build, I wonder what wheels they got.
Yeah that's interesting! I can't even find the wheel you got on the 2021 online configurator and have not seen it on the hundreds of new JTs I've looked at online.

All the Sport S trucks get either silver or black 5 spoke aluminum wheels to my knowledge.

You really scored there, the aluminum 17 inch 5 spoke wheels look ghastly IMO.

ba9436a9abb14c18ba9ea15c4d4a775f.jpg

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
There was zero evidence of this. There was one unsubstantiated vague claim that then got quote-posted a few times. There's no reason at all to believe 2021.5 exists in any way.
It was odd to me how many people took one rando guys experience with one rando dealer (amongst all the lies by dealers) and ran with it as if it was true. Even got 22.5 threads popping up.

I think it was simply a lot of people frustrated that they waited to order hoping that they didnt make a mistake.
Sponsored