Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Because the Renegade is just another stupid, small x-over. Market has been saturated with them for years.
Nothing is selling. Reports out today said deep dealer cuts are coming. They stated something about manufactures no longer getting away with supply chain issues. The economy is grabbing hold and folks aren’t wanting to finance at higher rates
affectively getting much less for their money. Saw this coming in late ‘21 so it was a jump now or probably wouldn’t ever kinda deal. Glad I did.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
It looks similar enough where I won't be jealous when I see it on the street!

Da'Geezer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 06 Liberty, 04 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I don't see anything that would be a deal breaker if I was going to buy a '24.

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
My guess is I6 will never get introduced on JL/JT. Stellantis is not going to give up 3.6 and they know no one would pick 3.6 if I6 is an option. With that said, 4xE might be added to JT but not in MY24. If it was,,,, it would've been already leaked. Probably MY25 or 26 if it ever gets introduced on JT.
Help me understand the appeal of a 4xe Gladiator? Will it tow more? Or is it just a mpg thing?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Help me understand the appeal of a 4xe Gladiator? Will it tow more? Or is it just a mpg thing?
The appeal to me is that it has the power equivalent of a 5.7 hemi and is a significantly better driving experience than the 3.6 or diesel. Better around town mpgs is a plus as well, but I'm in it for the power.

Other nice extras about the wrangler that I'd assume would work their way to a gladiator is that it also handles better due to much lower cg and weight distribution, brakes better since it uses the electric motors as brakes on top of the discs, and has instant torque off idle.

That said, if you gave me a choice between 4xe and 5.7 I'd take a 5.7 but since that's not realistic I'm not going to scoff at a 4xe.

Last edited:

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
The appeal to me is that it has the power equivalent of a 5.7 hemi and is a significantly better driving experience than the 3.6 or diesel. Better around town mpgs is a plus as well, but I'm in it for the power.

Other nice extras about the wrangler that I'd assume would work their way to a gladiator is that it also handles better due to much lower cg and weight distribution, brakes better since it uses the electric motors as brakes on top of the discs, and has instant torque off idle.

That said, if you gave me a choice between 4xe and 5.7 I'd take a 5.7 but since that's not realistic I'm not going to scoff at a 4xe.
Its not a better driving experience or MPG than the diesel. Really more people should get on the diesel bandwagon. It has hemi torque with MPG almost double.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Its not a better driving experience or MPG than the diesel. Really more people should get on the diesel bandwagon. It has hemi torque with MPG almost double.
I've driven the diesel, the 4xe is imo a better driving experience. It has more torque and more HP and the electric motor makes all of it instantly responsive.

The 4xe drives pretty damn close to an actual V8, the small diesel engines don't really do much for me as they run out of HP too quickly for it to be fun.

ErrngeElise

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, '21 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Engineer
Is no one else really just interested to see what the max tow rating will be on the rubicon, maybe Mojave, and max tow with the full float rear axle? Might be 8,000lbs to beat the Colorado's 7700lbs
I'm interested in seeing that and having rear passenger side airbags. The updated uconnect with wireless carplay is also a nice to have even if the screen isn't to everyone's taste.

Sponsored

wader303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Not sure I am a fan of the color keyed bumpers
..first everyone replaces them so who cares if they color match. Second, color matching means those that keep them show off a ton of scratches etc and also seems more like a car than Jeep. If you keep the current OEM bumpers they absorb more crap on them.
The painted bumpers are only on the High Altitude trim.

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
Thank God I have a 2021. The front grill on the new ones need to go in an incinerator.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
470 lb-ft of torque is the appeal. Idk if it’ll tow more and it probably won’t have much EV range. But the hybrid mode sounds fun to drive.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I Thoroughly Enjoy mine each time I drive it, it’s everything I ever wanted.
Maybe some sort of 4xe would be better, time will tell.

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
I've driven the diesel, the 4xe is imo a better driving experience. It has more torque and more HP and the electric motor makes all of it instantly responsive.

The 4xe drives pretty damn close to an actual V8, the small diesel engines don't really do much for me as they run out of HP too quickly for it to be fun.

just wait till you get the bill for replacing those batteries plus im sure they'll tack on a nice disposal fee
Sponsored