Sponsored

270 degree Awning to the left, or to the right?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You can just flip it to what ever side you want really.
but don't some of them come with a buldge in the front and tapers to the back? If you flip this, its now the oposite.

i'll look into "ARB, Tepui, smittybuilt and CVT."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The tents all depend on how you mount it, they have a hinge so it’s up to you how you point it. If it’s high enough you can add the annex around the ladder for a “mud room” for kids or dogs etc.

Nearly all the tents come out of a small number of plants in China and nearly all the tents below a given price point are identical enough as to not matter.

I did a lot of homework and dollar for dollar I like the cascadia tents for ROI in terms of materials etc.

https://cascadiatents.com/
I like CVT as well. If you want a budget tent the Smitty Built ones seems to have a ton of great reviews and if you wait for a sale your can pick up the smaller of the two for around $650 which is crazy to me as its only $200 more then I paid for my backpacking tent.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
@steffen707 Where are you planning on mounting this? Reason I ask it most of the tent bed racks are not that high so not sure it would be up high enough.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
@steffen707 Where are you planning on mounting this? Reason I ask it most of the tent bed racks are not that high so not sure it would be up high enough.
I plan on getting the Leitner bed rack. It seems that the cross rails on that one come up just over the cab. So there shouldnt be an issue

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The tents all depend on how you mount it, they have a hinge so it’s up to you how you point it. If it’s high enough you can add the annex around the ladder for a “mud room” for kids or dogs etc.

Nearly all the tents come out of a small number of plants in China and nearly all the tents below a given price point are identical enough as to not matter.

I did a lot of homework and dollar for dollar I like the cascadia tents for ROI in terms of materials etc.

https://cascadiatents.com/
CVT is headquartered here in my home town... :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Mounting the awning? Since i have several camping weekends planned before I will get the JT, the awning is going to mount to the rooftop cross bars of my pacifica, VIA either a 8020 T track, pre-drilled steel tube, or a good ole 2x4.

Once i get the JT with a rack like the leitner it'll mount to the top of that.

If you meant mounting an RTT, that'll be after the JT shows up, for now i'll just use our "OLD" 6 person tent i bought last year before I knew what i really wanted to do.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
So which side should the awning be on a Gladiator? Driver side, or passenger side? Please help me out with the pros/cons of each. I know these photos aren't of Gladiators, but that's its intended final place (might live on my Pacifica for a few months).

Lets keep this discussion just about a 270 degree awning in general, not a specific brand/attributes if possible.

Left - Driver Side
33100-BatwingAwning-00.jpg

Right - Passenger Side
33200-BatwingAwning-00.jpg

The freedom is exhilarating...

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's it, i ordered the left awning, it had free Amazon Prime Shipping in 1 day, the right was 5 days, lol.