Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
I dont think the Max Tow package has the air dams-if you are referring to the one that bridges from the bumper to the fender...

35's, no lift, no wheel spacers, stock wheels, Max Tow (as you can tell by the fender lip). It was only that way til my lift arrived, but wife drove it daily and no rubbing or issues.

35 tires.jpg
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
35s with just the Rubicon springs and a Teraflex 1.5 Spacer.
Nitto Trail Grappler 35x11.5x17

Does that count?

Jeep Gladiator 35s and No Lift Thread 35 tires

Do you like these tires? Thinking about going with these on my stock rims.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I wheel mine hard 2x a month or more and I am a bit disappointed in the longevity of them.
I got them in July and I feel my Wildpeaks held up better.

Do you like these tires? Thinking about going with these on my stock rims.

K223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I dont think the Max Tow package has the air dams-if you are referring to the one that bridges from the bumper to the fender...

35's, no lift, no wheel spacers, stock wheels, Max Tow (as you can tell by the fender lip). It was only that way til my lift arrived, but wife drove it daily and no rubbing or issues.

Basically just got the same truck '21 Sport with the diesel. Looking to confirm I can mount 35's on these base steel wheels and without any lift or leveling? Also what actual tire size (35) would be the max for the factory setup? From what I am seeing it looks doable.

Thanks

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
My tires are 34.69" tall as measured around the outside of the tread and dividing by pi. I've seen people running 37's with no lift, so 35's are no issue at all, at least for street driving. Whether they will rub off road, I do not know.

Sponsored

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these posts may need to be a little more specific about what they have. For example, whether or not you have max tow and what your offset is. I don’t have much hope for mine to not rub on stock suspension from everything I’ve seen. (Parts on order)

I have black rhino 17x9.5 (-18 offset) and 35” KO2s coming in for my freedom (sport s) with max tow. Got a 1.5” leveling kit coming as well just in case but would prefer to keep the rake.

There’s a youtube video of a red sport with max tow and his 35’s 100% rub. However, I don’t think he specifies his wheels’ offset which may or may not make a difference. It’s also worth mentioning that they specifically rub on the black plastic air dam connecting the fender and the bumper. If this wasn’t there I don’t believe there would be any issue. I saw a previous post where the person said they thought the air damn is missing for max tow packages but the youtube video confirms the opposite. (Tbh, I’m too lazy to go outside and check my vehicle for the air dam as of this initial post but I’ll update later)

Sponsored

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these posts may need to be a little more specific about what they have. For example, whether or not you have max tow and what your offset is. I don’t have much hope for mine to not rub on stock suspension from everything I’ve seen. (Parts on order)

I have black rhino 17x9.5 (-18 offset) and 35” KO2s coming in for my freedom (sport s) with max tow. Got a 1.5” leveling kit coming as well just in case but would prefer to keep the rake.

There’s a youtube video of a red sport with max tow and his 35’s 100% rub. However, I don’t think he specifies his wheels’ offset which may or may not make a difference. It’s also worth mentioning that they specifically rub on the black plastic air dam connecting the fender and the bumper. If this wasn’t there I don’t believe there would be any issue. I saw a previous post where the person said they thought the air damn is missing for max tow packages but the youtube video confirms the opposite. (Tbh, I’m too lazy to go outside and check my vehicle for the air dam as of this initial post but I’ll update later)
Okay so update on the air damn connecting the bumper to the fender. Mine does not have that air damn. So with that being said, the max tow package is not the determining factor of whether or not you have that air damn. I suspect that it’s either a difference between the sport and sport s/freedom but haven’t confirmed exactly.

I guess being sans air dam, there’s a chance I can pull off 35’s with no lift/level. Obviously, a fully maxed out payload or rock crawling will more than likely still be a no go until I ultimately decide on a lift down the road.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Okay so update on the air damn connecting the bumper to the fender. Mine does not have that air damn. So with that being said, the max tow package is not the determining factor of whether or not you have that air damn. I suspect that it’s either a difference between the sport and sport s/freedom but haven’t confirmed exactly.

I guess being sans air dam, there’s a chance I can pull off 35’s with no lift/level. Obviously, a fully maxed out payload or rock crawling will more than likely still be a no go until I ultimately decide on a lift down the road.
I thought that air dam was part of an over seas package, not in the US? Additionally, since your wheels are -18mm offset. I think you’ll be fine. Post some pictures once you get them installed!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator

From what I have seen I think they stopped putting the air dams on all models sometime in the 2021 model year. This is a Sport S that was manufactured in March.

Jeep Gladiator 35s and No Lift Thread 5DE842F7-C3C0-4085-BBD9-34556F4359AE

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
White gladiator. Max tow. 35s no lift. My buddies lifted JK (on 35s) for scale.

Jeep Gladiator 35s and No Lift Thread FEE24E0B-DEE1-40D5-A300-F740EA24771E

Stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
I wheel mine hard 2x a month or more and I am a bit disappointed in the longevity of them.
I got them in July and I feel my Wildpeaks held up better.
This is really good to know. I was about to pull the trigger on a set of these. I don't get out wheeling as much as you do but I camp all summer and hunt all fall and winter so I tend to beat the hell out of my tires.
Sponsored