First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What tire pressure are you running?
40 front 42 rear. I went down to 34 based on a Nitto recommendation, but it felt sluggish as hell. Trying this setup for now. I don't have enough miles on them for a solid determination yet, but they seem to be wearing evenly.
Sponsored

MARSSIVPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
40 front 42 rear. I went down to 34 based on a Nitto recommendation, but it felt sluggish as hell. Trying this setup for now. I don't have enough miles on them for a solid determination yet, but they seem to be wearing evenly.
Wow... I've read a lot of guys running 28 to 30 PSI given the load rating and stiff side wall. 40/42 seems like a lot given the weight of the vehicle. May be time for the chalk test... I'm getting mine installed Thursday on stock Rubicon wheels. Think I'll try around 30 PSI to start. Where did Nitto's recommendation of 34 come from?

Samsons Wig

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow... I've read a lot of guys running 28 to 30 PSI given the load rating and stiff side wall. 40/42 seems like a lot given the weight of the vehicle. May be time for the chalk test... I'm getting mine installed Thursday on stock Rubicon wheels. Think I'll try around 30 PSI to start. Where did Nitto's recommendation of 34 come from?
I emailed them my setup.

Sponsored

Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
This thread has got me thinking that 35s or 315/70/17s might be enough. I’ve been looking at 37s for my Mojave on order, but the only tires I’d consider running are minimum $400 each, and I was looking to get 5 and run a 5 tire rotation. Could I afford it? Yes. But do I want to spend that much money for an inch or 2 of ride height, plus even more rotational weight, plus worse MPGs, plus getting into need-to-regear territory? Not so sure.

Plus, there’s a Mojave that parks at the gym that I go to, and seeing it up close the last couple days made me realize even the stock 33 Falken MTs look way bigger in person than on photos. Something about photos and videos on my computer and phone make tires look smaller. But, a lot of the 315s in this thread are looking really good.
Sponsored