First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I'm looking at 315/70/r17s on stock wheels with a 2.5" front leveling kit. What size wheel spacer would I need, if any?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't need one. I had very similar on stock wheels for the longest. 295/70s I did end up getting spacers but only for aesthetics not function.

I ended up getting rid of the spacers and stock wheels recently but it worked fine without

ShawnwFL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Willys Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Engineer
I have 315/70s on my Willys. you will rub just before full lock. You will lose maybe 2-3 degrees of wheel turn. I’m running with no spacers and just paying attention when I do a full U turn, it’s not really an issue and not worth getting spacers in my opinion.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
You won’t need spacers with a 2.5” level. I have 315/70/17s as well on my Max Tow w/ 2.5” lift, and stock wheels. Don’t even sweat it.

Jeep Gladiator 35s (or close to it) on stock wheel question IMG_7908

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
There's missing information here.

You're getting positive response from people with wider axles saying it's okay and people with narrower axles saying you'll rub.

So, do you have a maxtow? Cause all I can tell from your profile thumbnail is you don't have a mojave or rubicon

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I have a narrow axle JT and my 33inch takeoffs rub on tight left turns (almost imperceptibly though) so I'm pretty sure a 315/70 is going to rub somewhere on any narrow axle JT. Its very hard to find information on what rubs when for a specific setup on the narrow axles so you're best bet is to try it out and see.

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
There's missing information here.

You're getting positive response from people with wider axles saying it's okay and people with narrower axles saying you'll rub.

So, do you have a maxtow? Cause all I can tell from your profile thumbnail is you don't have a mojave or rubicon
I do have a MaxTow. I'll probably just get 1.5" spacers. Ask the boys at Discount see if rubs without. If it does I got 'em. If not I'll send the spacers back.

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
I don't believe you need them with the Max tow axles. If there is the slightest rubbing, just adjust the steering stops (spanner).

56cbr600rr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I did with my max tow several weeks ago. 35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs. I used 1.75 wheel spacers and had no rubbing on the street. Love the stance too.

Now, I have since added the ReadyLift SST 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the rear. Honestly, it looks perfect to me..

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
No rubbing on level street means nothing. Flex it and turn the wheel to lock. My JTR with 2 inch lift and 315s and 0 offset wheels will clear lock to lock fully flexed. But it's close. I can clear 37s but they will rub off road flexed.
Sponsored