37 regrets

Zarp

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
A bit off topic but what tires and what’s the height to the highest point?
Tires are Ridge Grapplers/I'll measure the antenna height when I get it back from the shop.
Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I have definitive plans to go with 35s when my gladiator arrives. I'm not trying to kid myself about its intended purpose, which will be 85% secondary commuter, 10% utility, and 5% cross country hunting trips. I'd like it to still fit in my standard size garage, and will also have a rack on top, so I don't want it to sit too tall. Retaining decent fuel economy would also be preferred. 35s will be more than sufficient for my needs and I still love the looks.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Gladiator on 33” mt’s and stock 4.10’s cant can barely hold 8th gear on the interstate. It constantly needs 6 and 7.
Your situation almost seems like a simple flash issue...is it possible this could help? Because running 33’s and hunting for 6th and 7th, barely hitting 8th just doesn’t seem right or normal.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Im torn between 35’s and 37’s but leaning
I'll keep you updated. Have only put about 100 miles on it so far with new gears.
cool. Keep us posted. 37/5.13 correct?
Your situation almost seems like a simple flash issue...is it possible this could help? Because running 33’s and hunting for 6th and 7th, barely hitting 8th just doesn’t seem right or normal.
I honestly think its just insufficient power/tq for highway speeds on anything other than perfectly flat.

ill see id there is an update at my first oil change, and im debating a tune of some sort.

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Tires are Ridge Grapplers/I'll measure the antenna height when I get it back from the shop.
Just the height of the hardtop will work.

Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Thanks. Going with 3s and 488
Gladiator on 33” mt’s and stock 4.10’s cant can barely hold 8th gear on the interstate. It constantly needs 6 and 7.
you live on a mountain?

I have 35’s and Auto tranny. It holds 8th until larger hills. I do a lot of in town driving and average 18.5 mpg. Going down I-95 and I-495 in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts I get more like 22 mpg for 100 miles. But regardless, it holds 8th more than not.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets. The Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 tires we’re great in the snow.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
you live on a mountain?

I have 35’s and Auto tranny. It holds 8th until larger hills. I do a lot of in town driving and average 18.5 mpg. Going down I-95 and I-495 in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts I get more like 22 mpg for 100 miles. But regardless, it holds 8th more than not.
not at all. Just northern virginia. Im on the stock 33” mud terrains and im lucky to see 18 or over, never once seen anything over 20. it cant hold 8th gear to save its life on even the smallest of inclines, and frequently needs 6th. It absolutely struggles for power at 70-75mph. Probably getting 10-14 up hills.

i rented a sahara in colorado and got 24.5 avg for the week, trails included, but that was on the smaller lighter passenger tires.

i have no clue how people claiming to get 22 on off road tires, much less 35’s, get that. I dont see how its remotely possible. 18.5 in town is better than i get with my cruise control set on the interstate.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
not at all. Just northern virginia. Im on the stock 33” mud terrains and im lucky to see 18 or over, never once seen anything over 20. it cant hold 8th gear to save its life on even the smallest of inclines, and frequently needs 6th. It absolutely struggles for power at 70-75mph. Probably getting 10-14 up hills.

i rented a sahara in colorado and got 24.5 avg for the week, trails included, but that was on the smaller lighter passenger tires.

i have no clue how people claiming to get 22 on off road tires, much less 35’s, get that. I dont see how its remotely possible. 18.5 in town is better than i get with my cruise control set on the interstate.
You got some issues going on if you can't get 20 miles to the gallon on 33s if I wasn't running winter gas right now I'd be getting 19 to the gallon. Mine is about 30% interstate and 70% town and right now I'm getting 18.3 miles to the gallon.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You got some issues going on if you can't get 20 miles to the gallon on 33s if I wasn't running winter gas right now I'd be getting 19 to the gallon. Mine is about 30% interstate and 70% town and right now I'm getting 18.3 miles to the gallon.
i think its more likely that because i was mid 2020 build date, ive already got the latest revision of ecu programming that others have complained about tanking their mileage after getting updated.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Im torn between 35’s and 37’s but leaning

cool. Keep us posted. 37/5.13 correct?

I honestly think its just insufficient power/tq for highway speeds on anything other than perfectly flat.

ill see id there is an update at my first oil change, and im debating a tune of some sort.
Let us know what you are told....

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
.....Just northern virginia. Im on the stock 33” mud terrains and im lucky to see 18 or over, never once seen anything over 20. it cant hold 8th gear to save its life on even the smallest of inclines......
I'm in Northern Virginia, too....there ain't a hill around here that a Rascal Scooter wont blow down.

There's a definite issue in your Jeep, Kurt....hunt it down, amigo.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I'm in Northern Virginia, too....there ain't a hill around here that a Rascal Scooter wont blow down.

There's a definite issue in your Jeep, Kurt....hunt it down, amigo.
not sure what would be robbing that much power that wouldnt be manifesting in some other way like missfire or detonation.

I guess if theres a bad cylinder with low compression, maybe. ill have to see if there are common issues with this motor to look for.

i really think it just doesnt have shit for torque and as people update to the latest pcm we’ll see more and more mileage complaints.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
not sure what would be robbing that much power that wouldnt be manifesting in some other way like missfire or detonation.

I guess if theres a bad cylinder with low compression, maybe. ill have to see if there are common issues with this motor to look for.

i really think it just doesnt have shit for torque and as people update to the latest pcm we’ll see more and more mileage complaints.
Whatever the issue is...I know you'll figure it out.
Sponsored