Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So does your stock wiring and switches work in the 392 wheel. If so that is a heck of a cost effective upgrade!
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
So does your stock wiring and switches work in the 392 wheel. If so that is a heck of a cost effective upgrade!
I'm wondering this too, I'd really like to do the upgrade as well if it's mostly just plug and play.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So looking at the upshift and downshift switches and the software, I don't think anything will need enabled. I believe the switches are network based. My guess is they will broadcast the same message the shifter does. If I am write the steering wheel connection on the new harness will have the same number of pins as the the stock one because the paddle shifters are utilizing the same network as everything else on the wheel.

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
My paddles will arrive Tuesday and I will report in as soon as I find out.

FYI - I got the wheel for about $240, the paddle shifters for about $60 ea, and the wire set is ~$40. All in for $400 - it is a great upgrade for sure!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
So does your stock wiring and switches work in the 392 wheel. If so that is a heck of a cost-effective upgrade!
The 392 steering wheel harness has a 3 pin connector for the radio /paddle shift switch set where my factory harness has a 2 pin connector for the radio switch (back of the steering wheel). I an not able to connect my radio switches to the 392 harness. The steering wheel harness has 1 additional wire, in total, that feeds through the clock spring. The clock spring (steering wheel Module) has the necessary pins to accept the 392 harness.

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
My paddles will arrive Tuesday and I will report in as soon as I find out.

FYI - I got the wheel for about $240, the paddle shifters for about $60 ea, and the wire set is ~$40. All in for $400 - it is a great upgrade for sure!
Where did you get the wheel? I'd be interested in doing it just for the wheel without the paddles

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Where did you get the wheel? I'd be interested in doing it just for the wheel without the paddles
You should be able to get the wheel from any Jeep/Mopar parts supplier. @AllMoparParts.com can you comment on the availability of the 392 wheel?

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Do you know if it would be possible to add the paddle shifters to any non-392 wheel?
It looks like the switch mount requires a larger opening than the standard steering wheel allows. I will let you know tomorrow when my parts arrive.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking I am gonna jump on this mode before these are all sold out, this is the coolest upgrade post I have seen in a while. Trying to do some research on the paddles, cause these will be sweet with a maggie jeep😁

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I am thinking I am gonna jump on this mode before these are all sold out, this is the coolest upgrade post I have seen in a while. Trying to do some research on the paddles, cause these will be sweet with a maggie jeep😁
The 392 steering wheel is the same as the Mojave steering wheel, with the possible exception of the harness inside, and the obvious exception of the paddles being installed. The cutouts on the back of the Mojave wheel are exactly the same shape so it should work.

I’ve been meaning to do this mod since before my Mojave delivered but I just haven’t gotten around to pulling the airbag to check the wiring harness yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Jeep Gladiator 392 Steering Wheel Retrofit 1642454531023

Interestingly the 392 wheel is quite a bit cheaper than the Mojave.... Maybe they haven't caught onto the potential demand?
Sponsored