Ajaji

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Hello everyone,

I have a 2021 Mojave . I have a Z-Automotive Tazer installed, when 4wd engaged (traction control off) it seems no four wheel drive, Front axle does not engage.
I disconnected tazer, the 4WD worked fine.
Does anyone have or experienced this problem?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hello everyone,

I have a 2021 Mojave . I have a Z-Automotive Tazer installed, when 4wd engaged (traction control off) it seems no four wheel drive, Front axle does not engage.
I disconnected tazer, the 4WD worked fine.
Does anyone have or experienced this problem?
How do you know it's not engaging?

OP
OP

Ajaji

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Hi,
I was off-roading and get stocked in sand, only the rear wheels was moving, knowing that the shifter was on 4WD H . The dash was highlighting the transfer case is on 4WD H .

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I like part time cases. If the lever is in 4, it's in 4. And if it's not working, you're going to hear it lol.

At least I'm assuming the transfer case in the Mojave is full time 4wd...? I admittedly don't know much about it.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
At least I'm assuming the transfer case in the Mojave is full time 4wd...? I admittedly don't know much about it.
Some have a clutch-based full-time four-wheel drive option. All gladiators have a part-time four-wheel drive system.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hi,
I was off-roading and get stocked in sand, only the rear wheels was moving, knowing that the shifter was on 4WD H . The dash was highlighting the transfer case is on 4WD H .
Could be your traction control was on not allowing your front wheels to spin. Unmarry the Tazer and see if the four wheel drive works. Remarry the Tazer and dude to reboot as described in the manual.

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
Not the same issue but my tazer has been intermittently displaying that the lockers and transfer case are locked in 4WD even though I’m driving at highway speed and it’s in 2WD. It displays on my EVIC dash display but no other lights show.
It’s been happening since I upgraded my gears so adjusting for gear change and tire size.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Some have a clutch-based full-time four-wheel drive option. All gladiators have a part-time four-wheel drive system.
Some have full-time but all have part-time?

I shouldn't really contribute to this conversation at all, I'm just curious.

So if you have the optioned full-time but also part-time case and put it in part time 4x4 with the lever, is it actually physically locked front the rear like on a part-time case, or is it still relying on clutches and/or electronic controls?

And then my follow up question would be, was the OP in full-time or part-time?

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Some have full-time but all have part-time?

I shouldn't really contribute to this conversation at all, I'm just curious.

So if you have the optioned full-time but also part-time case and put it in part time 4x4 with the lever, is it actually physically locked front the rear like on a part-time case, or is it still relying on clutches and/or electronic controls?

And then my follow up question would be, was the OP in full-time or part-time?
The optional Selec-Trac transfercase has 2H-4Auto-4PartTime-N-4L. Yes if it's in 4PT it's just like the standard transfercase, front and rear shafts locked.

OP
OP

Ajaji

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Could be your traction control was on not allowing your front wheels to spin. Unmarry the Tazer and see if the four wheel drive works. Remarry the Tazer and dude to reboot as described in the manual.
I totally removed the tazer and all worked fine, both 4WD auto and 4wd part time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ajaji

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
And when you first installed the Tazer, and every time since when you've made a programming change, you did the reboot and at least 2 sleep cycles?
Actually it was my first time off-road and using the 4wd. Before I disconnected the tazer, I had run a reboot. Issue still remains.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Actually it was my first time off-road and using the 4wd. Before I disconnected the tazer, I had run a reboot. Issue still remains.
This has nothing to do with 4wd. It has to do with mating the Tazer to your Jeep's computer systems properly. A modern vehicle has many complex computer systems working together. To add something like the Tazer into that mix, there is a very specific process. As per the instructions for the Tazer, any time you make changes with the Tazer, you need to do a full reboot AND AT LEAST TWO SLEEP CYCLES (which are described in the manual). Failure to do this causes the vast majority of the "Tazer problems" we see here. Another large amount is failure to update to the newest firmware before installing. Just like any other complex computerized device (like your phone or PC) they are constantly making fixes and improvements to the programming that runs the Tazer. Updating the firmware ensures you have the most recent bug fixes.
Jeep Gladiator 4WD not working with Tazer 1664818454079

OP
OP

Ajaji

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Many thanks, I will try this out.
Sponsored