6 Speed Manual Regrets?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I have a 6MT with the cold weather package... is cold weather package not available in your area? Seems odd... NOTE - I ordered mine so I got to pick exactly what I wanted.
My Sport has tinted windows from the factory.
my manual sport s found on a lot with cold weather package, tow package, and hardtop...the only 3 must haves for me

for the ess (auto start stop) question, wish i could help, i turned that thing off from day 1, no thanks but that does sound similar to when i'm reminded the button got pushed or whatever, just pushing clutch will fire it back up

and a finale...the manual transmission was a no brainer, i likely would have gone this route without it but cannot express how happy i am it was available in the vehicle of my dreams...i sure hope manufacturers pay attention to this, driving is so fun, i'm over a year and 36,000 kms now and the smiles per miles are consistent and as high as they come only second to motorbikes but overall winner as i get them year round for all dad duty not just the few hours of playtime i would get a year with a motorbike (canada eh)

RBArthur82

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
No regrets. I love it. I agree that you can pretty much do most driving in 1-4 and 5 & 6 are overdrives for the highway for better MPG. Also, I don’t find it a PIA to drop into 4th at higher speeds to get some acceleration. That’s part of the fun! I came from a 6MT 5.0 Mustang, so I knew it’d be a drop off, obviously in power (435hp to 285hp). However, I wasn’t expecting it to be so sluggish out of the gate. So I purchased the iDRIVE throttle controller. Problem solved, and I only use it on the U1 setting. The only downer for me was to learn how much tow capacity was lost vs the AT. But I wanted to have fun driving it more than towing with it. I can tow with my other truck.

GCoop

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave (On Order)
No real regrets yet. Just ordered a '21 JTM(ojave) .....or would that be a JTMM? ....or even better a JTMMT? 🤪

Advertisement

Advertisement