6 Speed Manual Regrets?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I have a 6MT with the cold weather package... is cold weather package not available in your area? Seems odd... NOTE - I ordered mine so I got to pick exactly what I wanted.
My Sport has tinted windows from the factory.
my manual sport s found on a lot with cold weather package, tow package, and hardtop...the only 3 must haves for me

for the ess (auto start stop) question, wish i could help, i turned that thing off from day 1, no thanks but that does sound similar to when i'm reminded the button got pushed or whatever, just pushing clutch will fire it back up

and a finale...the manual transmission was a no brainer, i likely would have gone this route without it but cannot express how happy i am it was available in the vehicle of my dreams...i sure hope manufacturers pay attention to this, driving is so fun, i'm over a year and 36,000 kms now and the smiles per miles are consistent and as high as they come only second to motorbikes but overall winner as i get them year round for all dad duty not just the few hours of playtime i would get a year with a motorbike (canada eh)
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
No regrets. I love it. I agree that you can pretty much do most driving in 1-4 and 5 & 6 are overdrives for the highway for better MPG. Also, I don’t find it a PIA to drop into 4th at higher speeds to get some acceleration. That’s part of the fun! I came from a 6MT 5.0 Mustang, so I knew it’d be a drop off, obviously in power (435hp to 285hp). However, I wasn’t expecting it to be so sluggish out of the gate. So I purchased the iDRIVE throttle controller. Problem solved, and I only use it on the U1 setting. The only downer for me was to learn how much tow capacity was lost vs the AT. But I wanted to have fun driving it more than towing with it. I can tow with my other truck.

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
No real regrets yet. Just ordered a '21 JTM(ojave) .....or would that be a JTMM? ....or even better a JTMMT? 🤪

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
2000 miles on manual Mojave. So far super happy with the 6spd plus light clutch makes shifting so easy. Was it Motortrend that complained of long throws??? I shift using just wrist motion but also know how to position the seat correctly !

It did take about 1500 miles for the clutch engagement zone to become well defined. Before that it was mushy and made stalling all too easy.

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Clutch is easier now with some mileage on it now.

However, 3rd gear shifting into it, every now and then you really need to jam it in there. (That's what she said!). Can't figure out the cause. When it happens, try to make it happen again and it won't. Flat, hill climb, heavy throttle, light throttle. just very sporadic. Mostly not an issue but just every now and then it does it.

Any one else?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
We'll, it happened again. After taking the hard top for the summer, then removing the doors and putting on the tube doors, I took a drive. Once the oil got to full operating temp I hit a beautiful country road, accelerating hard off the corners, and then, with no warning.....

...a huge smile appeared on my face and I laughed out loud, as I once again was reminded why I love this manual transmission!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We'll, it happened again. After taking the hard top for the summer, then removing the doors and putting on the tube doors, I took a drive. Once the oil got to full operating temp I hit a beautiful country road, accelerating hard off the corners, and then, with no warning.....

...a huge smile appeared on my face and I laughed out loud, as I once again was reminded why I love this manual transmission!
I have a similar reaction.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
08 JKU manual. fun to drive. no issues with the MT.

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
I had mine ordered with a manual and while on delay from the factory build, a friend asked how I was going to get my boat in and out of the water with it. I fish bass tournaments and regularly have whoever is paired with me that day back me and my boat into the river. At the end of the day they go get the truck and wait on line till it's their turn to back in and I drive my boat onto the trailer. Sounds simple enough until you realize 99% of the young guns out there probably cant drive a manual. Good bye clutch or worst case the whole rig rolls into the river. Thankfully I was able to get out of the stick and into a Rubicon with the auto.

Sponsored

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
First world problems are real.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I had mine ordered with a manual and while on delay from the factory build, a friend asked how I was going to get my boat in and out of the water with it. I fish bass tournaments and regularly have whoever is paired with me that day back me and my boat into the river. At the end of the day they go get the truck and wait on line till it's their turn to back in and I drive my boat onto the trailer. Sounds simple enough until you realize 99% of the young guns out there probably cant drive a manual. Good bye clutch or worst case the whole rig rolls into the river. Thankfully I was able to get out of the stick and into a Rubicon with the auto.
best the young gun be taught to run the boat while you run the jeep

that was a lame excuse, you know i'm right ;)....oh, the sun was in my eyes :LOL:

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
I got a chance to find out how my 6spd Mojave would do in tight offroad scenario by accident a few days ago. Messing around a nearby fishing pond I got off into some very hilly tight ATV trails by accident, in the Mojave. No way to back out, had to just go on. First time I NEEDED 4LO. The manual really impressed me the way it locks engine to drive train giving excellent control. No clutch slipping needed at all even starting up during steep ascent.

Side note, getting about 22 mpg at 70mph at 7000 feet altitude with manual.
Sponsored