Sponsored

7” to 8.4” Issues

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the 8.4” to replace the 7”. No issues at all, once installed I did give it 30 mins with truck turned off, doors closed and no key fob inside for it to activate properly. Working perfect and I love it!
Which part number did you get? And where from
Sponsored

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Not sure of part number but ordered it from nismopar.com. Brand new unit, not a refurb

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Just installed the 8.4” to replace the 7”. No issues at all, once installed I did give it 30 mins with truck turned off, doors closed and no key fob inside for it to activate properly. Working perfect and I love it!
can you look at your invoice for the part number? Also looking for bezel part number?
Thanks

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
no invoice. No part numbers. Just ordered it from the site and had in 2 days. You might want to order it from them.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
can you look at your invoice for the part number? Also looking for bezel part number?
Thanks
Part numbers:
Radio: 68417866AG
Bezel: 6AB55TX7AB

Edit: After conferring with Bennie @ AllMoparParts.com (forum sponsor), he recommends the following # for the Radio:

Radio: 68417861AK

Last edited:

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for those numbers. Have you done this swap and did it work?
Thanks!
No, I had tried the iNsAnE aUdIo JL3001, and was disappointed with all its quirks, so I returned it. I am considering the UAQ 8.4" upgrade (I ordered my JT Sport-S before 8.4 was an option). I currently have the UAG 7" Uconnect with Alpine premium sound package.

I was ready to pull trigger with infotainment.com when I saw the original post. yourmoparparts.com has new parts for $1050, while infotainment.com has it for $1440. I'm waiting to see if OP gets it working before I order.

Last edited:

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, I paid $1600 total for mine including the bezel. Didn’t mine spending that knowing it was brand new and not refurbished. Also I had to provide my VIN for programming so I’m sure that helped with the install. Not sure for how long, but Sirius is even working on it out of the box. www.nismopar.com

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I swapped out my 7” for a new 8.4” screen (68417866AG) with NAV and I’m having problems after the install. Radio was in metric for temp, radio station cut in and out, satellite had some German text, no backup camera, and screen and icons were a blue theme. After a few hours, the camera works, radio works, temp is back to F°, and icons and colors match the old gladiator radio.

Remaining Issues:
Satellite radio doesn’t work still (nothing happens when I click on the icon). When I click on NAV, my location is showing up but there’s no maps/roads, etc. Also, USB2 in the counsel will charge my phone, but won’t connect to Apple CarPlay. No off-road pages.

First photo is the new 8.4” head unit. I plugged the turquoise Wire into the blue plug. On the old 7.0” the turquoise wire went into the yellow plug.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go to dealer to have it flashed? Should I wait for an OTA update?

264FFFE7-04DC-4BC1-A788-852529BC60DD.jpeg

B7B1E720-E729-4F56-AF98-1641A1D2F999.jpeg

Mike, did you resolve these issues? Did you have any issues with the backup cam?

We have a customer who performed a swap and this feature is inop. I believe that flashing may cure this but wanted some real world feedback first.

Thanks,
- Benny

Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for those numbers. Have you done this swap and did it work?
Thanks!
Sorry, I never got back to you.

Yes, I did the swap about 6 weeks ago now. Yes, it works great. Aside from some initial quirky behavior, after I let the truck sit for a couple of hours, engine off, doors closed, no keys inside, everything just worked.

Full disclosure: I do not have Sirius XM subscription, nor do I plan to subscribe. The 'XM' button is not present on display when radio playing. However, options are in setup that indicate it could be activated if I call the phone # on the screen, etc. Thus, I cannot verify XM is working (it worked with my 7" from the factory).

At first, the HVAC seemed like it wasn't working -- temp was set on "Hi" (or was it "Lo"?). Changing with the dash buttons didn't seem to change anything -- fan was blowing on full blast. When I did the change-over, it was after work -- about the time I was seeing this, my wife told me "dinner is ready". I shut everything off & ate dinner. About 2 hours later, we started truck again & everything "just worked"...

No "off road" pages on the 8.4 radio installed in my Sport S -- I've been told Tazer can turn those on. I'd bet that Jscan OBD and/or AlfaOBD are also able to activate them.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:

1) Off Road Pages (ORP) -- I can verify that I was able to use an OBD Link MX+, a Chrysler 8+4 bypass cable, the AlfaOBD app, and my android cell phone to *ACTIVATE* ORP on my 2020 Sport S. I can post a "how to" if anyone is interested.

2) As part of activating ORP, I performed the "Reset ECU" on the body computer -- as soon as I did this, the XM button showed up on my Media screen. Apparently my upgrade unit came with some kind of trial period with XM, as I'm able to listen to any XM station.

AlfaODB is a one-time $50 google play store app. Once purchased, it will work on MULTIPLE vehicles. I had to have the app to upgrade the 7" to 8.4" Nav radio in our 2020 Jeep Compass. It also works on our JT -- there are *HUNDREDS* of "Car configuration change" items that can be changed using AlfaOBD.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Update:

1) Off Road Pages (ORP) -- I can verify that I was able to use an OBD Link MX+, a Chrysler 8+4 bypass cable, the AlfaOBD app, and my android cell phone to *ACTIVATE* ORP on my 2020 Sport S. I can post a "how to" if anyone is interested.

2) As part of activating ORP, I performed the "Reset ECU" on the body computer -- as soon as I did this, the XM button showed up on my Media screen. Apparently my upgrade unit came with some kind of trial period with XM, as I'm able to listen to any XM station.

AlfaODB is a one-time $50 google play store app. Once purchased, it will work on MULTIPLE vehicles. I had to have the app to upgrade the 7" to 8.4" Nav radio in our 2020 Jeep Compass. It also works on our JT -- there are *HUNDREDS* of "Car configuration change" items that can be changed using AlfaOBD.
Yes, details on how too please.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Update:

I believe SiriusXM is running free trials for all radios until December 1, but it’s possible that the radio you pulled still has the factory trial from the donor.
You can also get the Travel Link app on the radio by enabling ECUConfig 3 SDAR Travel Link Feature Present. See if you still have some subscription left on that, also.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe SiriusXM is running free trials for all radios until December 1, but it’s possible that the radio you pulled still has the factory trial from the donor.
You can also get the Travel Link app on the radio by enabling ECUConfig 3 SDAR Travel Link Feature Present. See if you still have some subscription left on that, also.
I bought the radio, brand new, from allmoparparts.com (forum sponsor). I had never seen the XM button until I did the "reset ECU" using AlfaOBD.
Sponsored