Sponsored

Advertised prices are not the same when you call dealership.

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
Favorite post i have seen in a while! Love the fact you towed your CRV back home. That's being self sufficient! Congrats on a great deal. I did well on my new JT last week too. Loving it so far.
Sponsored

ajmg8trNC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sting Gray
Been hunting for the good deal on the Gladiator Rubicon with MSRP around 53k-55k. Seen vehicles on the Cars.com being advertised as low as 45.9k which is around 15% to 16% off MSRP. Seems like a good deal right?
Well, when I call those dealers ,they give me whole different price - about 2k - 3k more. They explain it that I do not apply for all of the discounts. Um, the only discount I am not elegible for is a military discount. Does it really make a 2 to 3k difference?
Do you guys see the same issue?
Hang in there and find the right dealer...I spent time looking and a dealership by me gave me all of the rebate incentives even thought I didn't "qualify" It wasn't my first choice to go with the Overland, but he found me 8K in savings, so I bit. It could have been the Overland to the Rubicon. I'm not a heavy off-road'r so I took the deal.

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
Great advice from ajmg8trNC! I shopped 3 local dealers myself and looked at a few others out of town. You have to be patient and tell some folks what you are expecting to get, or they will run all over you. Walk away if you don't get the right deal. Its a buyers market right now.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
The 0% finance only covers the Sahara JL I'm told.
The dealer we bought ours from said the 0% was good on all models, but was only good for 36 months, rather than the 72 or 84 months that was advertised on TV...

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Curiously, so far the best I found is 10% off of MSRP. Oh and yest, they all try to get me into the door to "negotiate" more discounts. Nope, not going to bite that bait.
I've always been making my deals over the phone so I don't have to play on their terms.

Sponsored

Kiowa Warrior

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I'm looking at trading in my sport s manual for a decently loaded rubi that is advertised 12% below msrp which comes out to about 6.3% below invoice asking 49k and change.

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It's greed. I worked at a Jeep dealer in sales for two months after I retired from law enforcement. Wow !! I learn after just two months dealers are more ridculous than I thought. Shady. We had a Gladiator Rubicon and Mojave we couldn't sell because the mark ups. It was embarrassing to even show them with over 4k in Mark ups above MSRP. Total fluff. Some sucker will buy it. Going off invoice they gonna make 10k off them.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
You can get an amazing deal if you are a living civil war combat vet that also sells moon real estate and happen to be a direct descendent of Napoleon.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Getting you on the lot is 75% of the battle dealers face. I know very few people who go to a dealership because it’s a nice way to spend time with the family (add sarcastic grin here).

So, the ads get you on the lot... then the fun begins.... shell games, scratch of tickets, % off MSRP...

Very few folks have the gumption to get up and walk away... they get (and I’m SO guilty of this) bamboozled by the newness... the new car smell... the “yeah, I can afford that payment” thoughts... then... they got you!

BTW... I love my Gladiator that I probably got screwed over on but you know what, I’m a happy camper when I drive it! And... well... as the kids say, “YOLO”

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
It's an old trick they use...I went to a dealer that had a silly price on an Overland and of course it was all the hidden incentives...I simply said I'll buy it for your bait price. They declined and I left.
Sponsored