Onefin

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JTR, Defender 90, MB Sprinter 4x4
Occupation
I sell van parts
You’ll have to update us on your MPG with the regear and 37’s.
on the way home I averaged 15.9.
This is much better than the 10.5 my current Sprinter gets, so I'll take it.
I assume I will wind up in the 14 MPG range if I do a RLD canopy and a hard-shell RTT.
I drive kinda fast on the freeway, so that doesn't help.
Sponsored

Pilatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon diesel, '71 Toyota FJ40
Occupation
Aerospace
Thanks!

I assume the KM3 will suck in snow and ice just like the KM2s on my JKU did.

They drive reasonably well on the freeway, they seem to have sorted out some of the negative road driving characteristics that the KM2 had.

The Km3 looks pretty cool, if that matters to you.

I'll run these until they wear (because "free") and then I'll get Yokohama G003, Nitto or Toyos.
Good to know - thanks! If you do decide to change tires sooner, I'd be interested in your KM3s (just up the 405 in Hermosa Beach). Hope to see your truck on the trails!

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Very nice and congrats on the purchase. JeepOnly here in Vegas always tries to keep AEV vehicles in their inventory as well. Makes me wonder if I should have jumped on it then.

OP
OP
Onefin

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I sell van parts
I installed the VisionX reverse light kit today.
They are bright

Wango's Tango

First Name
w
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AEV Gladiator
Occupation
self employed
Cool truck, mine is being built at AEV as we speak. Have about a month to go.
Had a jeep cj7 for a long time. Sold it in '90. Have been waiting for a very long time to get another one.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Nice truck, wish I had seen you around while we were at Legoland. I was driving around in a Snazzberry Mojave.

OP
OP
Onefin

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I sell van parts
I picked up and Installed a Rebel half rack and had Rhino install an Ikamper mini from their inventory. I did take off the very shiny and cheap looking ikamper logo sticker thing the next day.

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today 045AD20F-27FA-4E8F-9019-86BC8959C473

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today 0DA5EB1E-9844-4201-98C5-3820CB137090

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today E5D6976B-693B-4674-A54B-7DAC1D95FE93

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
I picked up and Installed a Rebel half rack and had Rhino install an Ikamper mini from their inventory. I did take off the very shiny and cheap looking ikamper logo sticker thing the next day.

Looks so good! Running the exact same setup. Been very happy with it out in the wild.
81D0AD07-9CE6-4571-BCC6-B339DB625C9C.jpeg

OP
OP
Onefin

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I sell van parts
Did some "Mall Stuff Shot" posing and light wheeling this past weekend.
Decent flex outta the AEV suspension with the swaybar disconnected, no rub in the posing shot

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today tempImagebL9xak

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today tempImagelzMmiy

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today tempImageBT4Htu

Jeep Gladiator AEV JT370 picked up today tempImagewWK8OE

Sponsored

Wango's Tango

First Name
w
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AEV Gladiator
Occupation
self employed
Great Photos!
Just got some snaps from AEV, mine is almost done. Seems we have similar tastes.
Enjoy, Was curious, do you plan to keep the tent on most of the time while you are out. Still undecide about how much weight i want up top on mine.

OP
OP
Onefin

Onefin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I sell van parts
Great Photos!
Just got some snaps from AEV, mine is almost done. Seems we have similar tastes.
Enjoy, Was curious, do you plan to keep the tent on most of the time while you are out. Still undecide about how much weight i want up top on mine.
I will keep the tent on because I don't really have a decent way to remove it myself and my garage is dimensionally challenged so I can't do a hoist or whatever.

I bought the mini ikamper because it was short enough to fit on a half bed rack in an effort to keep the weight lower and minimize the visual impact of the RTT on the Jeep (I find them not very attractive)

The Jeep was in some decent off camber situations the past weekend and I think the weight is acceptable for off-roading.

We are doing Black Bear pass this summer and I do not have concerns regarding the tent weight up high on the Jeep.

I'm pretty certain that the bed rack weighs more than the tent?

I would consider an Alucamp Canopy Camper, the Camp King camper or an AT overland camper.

Wango's Tango

First Name
w
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AEV Gladiator
Occupation
self employed
I will keep the tent on because I don't really have a decent way to remove it myself and my garage is dimensionally challenged so I can't do a hoist or whatever.

I bought the mini ikamper because it was short enough to fit on a half bed rack in an effort to keep the weight lower and minimize the visual impact of the RTT on the Jeep (I find them not very attractive)

The Jeep was in some decent off camber situations the past weekend and I think the weight is acceptable for off-roading.

We are doing Black Bear pass this summer and I do not have concerns regarding the tent weight up high on the Jeep.

I'm pretty certain that the bed rack weighs more than the tent?

I would consider an Alucamp Canopy Camper, the Camp King camper or an AT overland camper.
Thanks for the insight. Lots of choices with how i want to proceed. We have an offroad camper that we use alot, but it is a bit big for some of the trails we want to do, very very capable but being a 1 Ton, it can get too wide and long in a hurry.

Most want the jeep for fast and light trips, mostly solo stuff. Can't see if i want a roof top, or use one of the many ground tents we have already.
Of course i could use the offroad trailer and mount a tent there, hard to say. Have looked at the companies you mentioned, also one of my subs worked at gofast campers.
Just trying to stay away from turning this rig into a "camper" per se. Hope you like your jeep. Have been waiting a long time to be able to get another one, first place it's going is the Oregon dunes.

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Awesome rig. I love those AEV wheels. Looks amazing, I gotta convince my wife to let me send ours to AEV once our Jeep gets delivered. Following this for sure, solid work!