Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Parts were made in Russian federation.
Probably out of extra tank parts........ J/K
Looks like good coverage and well-anchored.
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
This is the Quadratec system I installed. Install was easy. Parts were made in Russian federation. I waited months for all 3 shipments. It came with 2 replacement cross members.
quadratec-12500.0205-fuel-tank-skid-plate-jt-3.jpg
When did you order these?
I ordered these in like September, got the transfer skid couple months later. STILL haven’t gotten the engine skid. Pretty disappointed, I understand supply chain and all that, but quadratec does not accurately give shipping estimates. They say shipping estimated at the end of the month, then they just move it back every month. So past 6 months I get generic “expected next month.” I’d rather they say 6 month lead time and have it be accurate.
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options 1645664071014

metalry101

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '18 JK Rubicon, '17 Sienna
Occupation
Stay at home dad w/ 2 part time gigs
When did you order these?
I ordered these in like September, got the transfer skid couple months later. STILL haven’t gotten the engine skid. Pretty disappointed, I understand supply chain and all that, but quadratec does not accurately give shipping estimates. They say shipping estimated at the end of the month, then they just move it back every month. So past 6 months I get generic “expected next month.” I’d rather they say 6 month lead time and have it be accurate.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't installed the t-case skid yet, but I'm about ready to call them up and tell them they can take it back and I'll order someone else's system. I like that theirs is available individually and that it's budget friendly, but these delays are getting ridiculous.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I installed the Artec aluminum skids last weekend. I'm very happy with the fit and finish.

The only hard part was working with two motor mount bolts up front, and those were a nightmare! Jeep soaked them with Red Loctite the entire length of the bolt, and it was very difficult to turn a wrench on the bolt heads because they are above the mount and blind from underneath. It took hours and hours and I was sore for several days.

In hindsight, one of them would have been much easier to work with from above (under the hood) with a very long extension. I could probably have gotten both of them from above with a little work. Oh well.

Again, very satisfied with them. Very high quality.

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for gladiator
I installed the Artec aluminum skids last weekend. I'm very happy with the fit and finish.

The only hard part was working with two motor mount bolts up front, and those were a nightmare! Jeep soaked them with Red Loctite the entire length of the bolt, and it was very difficult to turn a wrench on the bolt heads because they are above the mount and blind from underneath. It took hours and hours and I was sore for several days.

In hindsight, one of them would have been much easier to work with from above (under the hood) with a very long extension. I could probably have gotten both of them from above with a little work. Oh well.

Seems like a few of them use the engine mounts, thanks for the tip on access difficulty. I am no longer at an age where it’s free to spend hours under a truck at awkward angles.

Sponsored

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX

I can confirm that they are very easy to install from above. As suggested, a long extension makes quick work of it. Just be careful lining up the motor mount bolts ... super easy to cross thread as they are on a bit of a strange angle when trying to do it from above.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they are manufactured in Russia.. so might be waiting a long time........
Damn!!!

I guess Artec is the only option for bare aluminum skids.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
did it though? I’m pretty sure I see that top right screw hole being cracked almost to the edge.
Maybe just the powder coat being pushed aside, but at the very least it appears that the bolt hole may be out of round now. I'd love to see what it looks like if that bolt is removed for inspection. There are several big hits on the leading edge of the skid plate.

And look at the control arm bracket. Not exactly straight where those numbers are stamped. I should look at my own to see if it was straight originally.

In general, a lot of these skid plates are being attached to things thinner or weaker than they are. In that photo of the exhaust loop skid, you can compare the thickness of the skid plate vs the control arm bracket, or the frame itself as seen through the frame holes. The skid plate is beefier than the stuff it attaches to.

Edit: I studied my truck's skid and found that the bolt hole is actually oval so the gap you see in the bolt hole is normal. And what looks like two big hits on the leading edge of the skid are actually welds not hits. My skid has them in the same spots. And my own truck's control arm bracket is not quite flat either, and there is a gentle curve to the edge which shows in this photo's angle.

In general I'd say the skid did its job in this case.

Last edited:

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
We are doing a "Badge of Honor" this weekend, so, I finally put on the Skid row exhaust loop skid. Fit perfect, easy install. The only work is getting the control arm bolt torqued back up to 180 ft lbs. Nice piece. You torque from the bolt side with a 21 mm socket and use 24 mm wrench on the nut side. It fits in there and wedges against the exhaust as you torque the bolt down. Plenty of Gussets. I like how it says JT on it. Here is a pic.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options 1645664071014
how is this thing holding up? And do you think it would work with control arm skids and quadrated skids? I think theyre back in stock and a lighter option

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Damn!!!

I guess Artec is the only option for bare aluminum skids.
I just ordered the engine/ tranny and transfer aluminum skid set from @ASFIR 4x4. Good price. Made in Israel. Shipping was very fast. And they have them for the diesel and gasser (mine are diesel).
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options D1B2E207-596F-49C7-921F-9FBC137ACA91
Sponsored