hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
How do you like the skid row plate?
I test fit it yesterday. Looks great. Lots of gussets. It bolts to the inside of the control arm bolt, on the nut side. The nut is close to the exhaust loop. The easiest way to install it seems to be to put a small impact wrench on the control arm bolt and a wrench on the nut. There is one other bolt that goes to an already threaded hole in the frame. Looks easy. The plate holes also say "JT" instead of "JL", so, that was also appreciated. It looks to have great coverage of the exhaust loop and a good amount of holes for heat dissipation . I will install it today and torque the control arm bolt to spec.
Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to add that I have run my Artec skids all over Moab and Colorado and they have taken a lot of abuse. They have held up extremely well. I won't go back to steel like I have on the JK. I have enough weight with everything else and these aluminum skids are very durable.

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
I recieved the M.O.R.E. engine, tranny, transfer case skids and the skidRow exhaust loop skid. Installation was simple and fast. The big steel engine, tranny plate is kinda heavy, but, I did it all myself under the truck without a jack. You may want to use your jack to hold the plates up while you put the screws in, but, I did not need it. Fit and finish were great. The braces and skid plate are updated for the JT relative to the old pictures on the website. For the braces, there is no loosening of the motor mount bolt. There are two motor mount bolts with lots of thread sticking out the bottom of the motor. All you do is slide the braces on and torque flange nuts on. Super easy. You can see the geometry of the braces in the pics below. There is also a full V-notch for oil changes.
Here are some pics without the exhaust loop skid installed.

xngI88.jpg

e1UYbD.jpg

kvbUkO.jpg

AsakdH.jpg

iRrlDh.jpg

O8dFXC.jpg
website suggest a 2.5 in clearance for drive shaft? My Gladiator is Stock Willy's with 32 in Mudders. Will this bolt up okay? Also can you link me to the exhaust plate?

Hamandcamo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Occupation
Actor
In my opinion, what you need, and in order of priority. This assumes you have a reciever hitch.

1. Rock rails, rear frameside lca skid
2. Rear shock and rear axle side lca skid
3. Truck bed sliders
4. Engine/tranny skid
5. Rear axle skid
6. #'s 2 & 5 for the front

I've been off roading about 10 times now in mine with 33's, and the skids i hit the most by far are the fuel tank skid, transfer case skid, rock rails in the middle, and frameside lca skids. In fact, I'd argue to instead invest in bigger tires and a lift. You will high center on everything on east coast trails with 33's.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
How do you like the skid row plate?
We are doing a "Badge of Honor" this weekend, so, I finally put on the Skid row exhaust loop skid. Fit perfect, easy install. The only work is getting the control arm bolt torqued back up to 180 ft lbs. Nice piece. You torque from the bolt side with a 21 mm socket and use 24 mm wrench on the nut side. It fits in there and wedges against the exhaust as you torque the bolt down. Plenty of Gussets. I like how it says JT on it. Here is a pic.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options 2X7qaP

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
We are doing a "Badge of Honor" this weekend, so, I finally put on the Skid row exhaust loop skid. Fit perfect, easy install. The only work is getting the control arm bolt torqued back up to 180 ft lbs. Nice piece. You torque from the bolt side with a 21 mm socket and use 24 mm wrench on the nut side. It fits in there and wedges against the exhaust as you torque the bolt down. Plenty of Gussets. I like how it says JT on it. Here is a pic.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options 2X7qaP
Looking good… I’m definitely gonna have to look into picking one up

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
I test fit it yesterday. Looks great. Lots of gussets. It bolts to the inside of the control arm bolt, on the nut side. The nut is close to the exhaust loop. The easiest way to install it seems to be to put a small impact wrench on the control arm bolt and a wrench on the nut. There is one other bolt that goes to an already threaded hole in the frame. Looks easy. The plate holes also say "JT" instead of "JL", so, that was also appreciated. It looks to have great coverage of the exhaust loop and a good amount of holes for heat dissipation . I will install it today and torque the control arm bolt to spec.
Got a link for the exhaust skid??

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
Here is the link to the JT product on Skid row. This is exactly what I ordered. The picture shows a "JL" monogram, but, since it is a JT order, the skid plate came with a "JT" monogram. Note: the JT skid has a different part number than the JL skid.

https://skidrowoffroad.com/collecti...skid-plate-for-jeep-gladiator-jt-2020-present
Nice! big help! How about a link for a Frnt Diff skid plate??? I have ordered the DV8 front diff skid, did not fir? I ordered the Rancho frnt, (the rear fits?) front does not? I have a 2021 JT Willys and pulling my hair out! I want to keep the OEM covers is the thing... Can you help?

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

2X7qaP.jpg
Took a good boulder bump Saturday at "Badge of Honor" Holcomb Creek Trail. The Skidrow took it like a champ. No issue.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options IMG_3241 (5)

Last edited:

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, what you need, and in order of priority. This assumes you have a reciever hitch.

1. Rock rails, rear frameside lca skid
2. Rear shock and rear axle side lca skid
3. Truck bed sliders
4. Engine/tranny skid
5. Rear axle skid
6. #'s 2 & 5 for the front

I've been off roading about 10 times now in mine with 33's, and the skids i hit the most by far are the fuel tank skid, transfer case skid, rock rails in the middle, and frameside lca skids. In fact, I'd argue to instead invest in bigger tires and a lift. You will high center on everything on east coast trails with 33's.
I just upgraded my lift to 2" MOPAR, and put 35's on. I "just" was watching the e3 video of the e3 takeover (aka Lite Brite Nation folks). One of the participants said basically to do skids before any fancy upgrades and light bars lol.

It's my last day off from the holidays...time to order a skid plate :)

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One of the participants said basically to do skids before any fancy upgrades and light bars lol.
Saw that video and agree. My Rubi skid plates are all busted to sin from my wannabe rock-crawling rides. Got some Metalcloak armor I need to bolt up!

JT Pilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance
This is the Quadratec system I installed. Install was easy. Parts were made in Russian federation. I waited months for all 3 shipments. It came with 2 replacement cross members.
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket SKID PLATE options quadratec-12500.0205-fuel-tank-skid-plate-jt-3

wakeup2river

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Finally got my Rubicon Express skids on. Debating on putting on the gas tank skid to save some weight. Have heard the factory tank skid is decent. Will keep posted on how well it takes a beating.

20200929_153222.jpg
What happens to the front crossmember? On one site it calls it a trans skid with cross member. In the pics it appears to be gone.
Sponsored