Sponsored

All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics

snoshoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
More great info on the 3.0 regen process.
Don't think that will be a problem with my driving style/needs.
Appreciate the real-world input - super helpful!
Steve
Sponsored

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Chris from CT here.
Newbie Jeep owner. Posting here as its a diesel.
Picked up my Overland yesterday and have over 250 miles on it now.
Truly a lot to love here.

Lots of “good” - here are the things I really loved:
Fantastic driving vehicle - rides and drives like a truck, not an SUV.
Trani shifts so smooth you don't notice.
Torque is outstanding - runs great at 75 and also high-idling up very steep dirt trail.
Great Alpine stereo.
The large screen with all those apps - very nice

Not a lot bad but these stand out for me:
The tailgate locks - but the hood and gas cap don’t. Why? The manual says the DEF system will be ruined with 100 parts/million ~100 drops in the 5gal tank. So a LOT of risk to you. The aftermarket hood and gas caps are Ghastly $$$ and I can't even find a DEF cap that locks.

Purchased this truck to tow a trailer and looks like I’ve got a real problem.
Got a Redarc Tow-Pro Elite brake controller with the cable for the jeep. Dealer shop said they “just” tried to get one of those to work and could not. The ONLY controller they would install is the mopar factory one - which is below my standards and 2X the money. They offered to flash the ODB for me but no guaranties the system would accept it. There is also something about a missing diode in the circuit to prevent feedback when no trailer is connected. If someone knows a sure fire fix for this PLEASE share it.

Plan to drive another few hundred miles over the weekend :)

IMG_2527 copy.jpg

IMG_5199 copy.jpg

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Chris from CT here.

Torque is outstanding - runs great at 75 and also high-idling up very steep dirt trail.
Great Alpine stereo.

The tailgate locks - but the hood and gas cap don’t. Why? The manual says the DEF system will be ruined with 100 parts/million ~100 drops in the 5gal tank. So a LOT of risk to you. The aftermarket hood and gas caps are Ghastly $$$ and I can't even find a DEF cap that locks.

Got a Redarc Tow-Pro Elite brake controller with the cable for the jeep. Dealer shop said they “just” tried to get one of those to work and could not. The ONLY controller they would install is the mopar factory one - which is below my standards and 2X the money. They offered to flash the ODB for me but no guaranties the system would accept it. There is also something about a missing diode in the circuit to prevent feedback when no trailer is connected. If someone knows a sure fire fix for this PLEASE share it.

Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics IMG_5199 copy

Check this post out for more info on the brake controller., Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB). See Shadowpapa posts, he covers this topic, hope it helps.

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Thanks Steve.
Looks like Redarc does make a special connector for this.
I'll try it once its back in stock.

timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Chris from CT here.

Great Alpine stereo.

Have you been able to confirm the part number for the mopar locking fuel cap for the diesel? Is it 82215184?
Thanks!

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I have to admit I was pretty bummed about the latest color options- ready to order when the diesel came out, now no Gator or Gobi? My wife, searching for a compromise, suggested ordering one & having a wrap put on or even having it painted.
Love my wife :)

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I am getting GARBAGE gas mileage on my JTRD so far. The highest I've seen is 22 MPG. Of course, I've done a ton of highway trips (trash diesel tanks fuel economy) and loaded it down with a RTT, winch and rack. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. I have over 3k miles on it now.

Also feels super bouncy (like unsafe bouncy) on the highway at 65-75 on some of these CO interstates (I-70). It's been amazing offroad though.

Mods
Rebel Offroad Xplor rack
Tazer JL
Warn Zeon 12 S
Roofnest Condor XL

Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics IMG_20201107_171335

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Seems about right.. I'm getting 23 average with rtt and rebel rack. No winch or tazer

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Well, I'm glad it's not just me. It's still way better than the 14 I was getting in my Silverado.
Lol, definitely. I get 11-12 highway in my KJ haha

Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
I ordered with the factory MT tires. I know that the pumps started with the "winterized blend" of diesel in Oct but I am averaging about 19-20. I tried a couple of ounces of Hot Shots diesel treatment in my last couple of tanks and I seem to get another mile or 2 on average. I have been playing with my OBD fusion app and found a template from a Ram 1500 site that I have been playing with to monitor DPF usage. All sorts of interesting Data. Still changing some gauges to better find the regen cycles. The second picture is a few gauges I changed to play with over the next few weeks. I think delta P is the pressure differential in front of and behind the exhaust particulate filter.
Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics 58A21C7C-CE2C-4EFB-B0EF-4331F9BAB62A

Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics 3D96B125-8E0B-4AA5-B521-6B920D9140E2

Last edited:

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.6JLUR6MT HellaYella SkyTop, 3.8JKUX6MT RedRock HalfDoors, Deciding on JTRD or JTR4xe
I ordered with the factory MT tires. I know that the pumps started with the "winterized blend" of diesel in Oct but I am averaging about 19-20. I tried a couple of ounces of Hot Shots diesel treatment in my last couple of tanks and I seem to get another mile or 2 on average. I have been playing with my OBD fusion app and found a template from a Ram 1500 site that I have been playing with to monitor DPF usage. All sorts of interesting Data. Still changing some gauges to better find the regen cycles. The second picture is a few gauges I changed to play with over the next few weeks. I think delta P is the pressure differential in front of and behind the exhaust particulate filter.
Jeep Gladiator All Diesel Specific Talk/Topics 3D96B125-8E0B-4AA5-B521-6B920D9140E2
View attachment 115334
What scanner are you using with this app?

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
What scanner are you using with this app?
The veepeek with the blutooth 4.0 LE. I think I paid $11 for the app. It can be tedious to make a gauge cluster that looks half decent. Luckily I found a nice person that had shared a file on the ram 1500 forums and it gave me a good jump start. I am struggling to get the export to upload to this site. I will keep trying

Last edited:

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Have you been able to confirm the part number for the mopar locking fuel cap for the diesel? Is it 82215184?
Thanks!
I have not - sorry.
Still looking at options - would like to lock the DEF cap as well.
If I find anything out I'll post here

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
Yeah, I'm running the cetane boost additive, and I'm averaging more like 22-23 now. Tested over a long trip on Rimrocker and I-70 from Denver to Moab.
Sponsored