Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Teamblkdog, i just bought 2 heating pads with adjustable thermostats. One for my battery and one for my propane tank. I was out last week in 26 degree weather. Cold not get my dickson 9000 to light up. I got to Virginia the next day in 44 degree weather and sh fired right up. I got this rig which i was lead to believe was good for colorado type winters. Boy was i sadly mistaken and mislead. Hopefull i will now have it under control. Hopefully next weeks trip to Ohio will be successful. Looking forward to a positive update.
What did you get for pads? Let me know how it goes!
Sponsored

vwrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good!
thanks Jeremy,

i bought the camper from Juergen P in Kamloops. he had already bought 4 of your panels as well as you rear camera mount. they are fantastic quality. i see you have Molle plates for in front of the bulkhead. i have a Alu-Cab water tank coming in the next few days and i was wondering if it would fit between the gladiator cab and camper. that would be a great relocation to free up some space inside wouldn't it!!?

vwrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
the camper was set up pretty well by the previous owner. i’ve had it for about 2 weeks now and so far i’ve purchased a few more things.
shower cube awning
shower fit kit
alu-cab water tank
alu-cab water tank fit kit
dickinson heater
gp factor heater kit
gp factor folding table
gp factor foot pegs x2
alu-cab load bars
alu-cab gutter kit
alu-cab screens/canvas
alu-cab rear molle plates pre cut for dickinson chimney
exped ess propane tank holder
exped ess paper towel holder
11 lb propane tank
madkon ammo box braai
Kuat 6 ski rack

next up (once i catch up financially hahah)

insulation (it’s winter here a lot)
bed rug
thinking on making cabinets like goose gear out of 8020 (the lead time on their products is horrible)
bustabeats george on youtube has some and the finish isn’t rhino lined. i like that. similar to the material the company in France makes them.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
thanks Jeremy,

i bought the camper from Juergen P in Kamloops. he had already bought 4 of your panels as well as you rear camera mount. they are fantastic quality. i see you have Molle plates for in front of the bulkhead. i have a Alu-Cab water tank coming in the next few days and i was wondering if it would fit between the gladiator cab and camper. that would be a great relocation to free up some space inside wouldn't it!!?
it would be a great place for the tank if we could get the brackets to fit. It might be possible, I’ll think on it some

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
You need to keep access to that hole, the spare tire winch handle goes in there

(did the tailgate harness go through there before the ACCC? I never thought to check)

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Oh but while we’re talking about that area below the back door, check out my three month old ACCC bolts. This is from just a few CA rainstorms; you salt belt folks better keep an eye on these…

If anyone has specs please share; otherwise I’ll pull one and link the proper stainless or zinc-plated part from somewhere. Black oxide bolts is disappointing

D90C05FA-ED5E-4637-A9B0-2E439EB608FA.jpeg

EE10C04B-B128-4D5B-BB9F-5F3F7C2BF823.jpeg

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Oh but while we’re talking about that area below the back door, check out my three month old ACCC bolts. This is from just a few CA rainstorms; you salt belt folks better keep an eye on these…

If anyone has specs please share; otherwise I’ll pull one and link the proper stainless or zinc-plated part from somewhere. Black oxide bolts is disappointing

D90C05FA-ED5E-4637-A9B0-2E439EB608FA.jpeg

EE10C04B-B128-4D5B-BB9F-5F3F7C2BF823.jpeg
My shop installed SS bolts, so they did not do that in almost two years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Hm, maybe it's a shop issue, not an Alu-Cab issue. Anyway easily fixed but annoying

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
thanks Jeremy,

I was thinking about this some more. I don't think a set of brackets could be made to hold the weight of the tank full of water. The inside mounting area uses the lower rail to sit on and also the upper rail for strength. I know I could probably design brackets but don't think it could hold the weight

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link

They're M10 x 1.5 x 45mm, just ordinary part-threaded hex-head cap screws.

Grade 10.9 zinc: https://www.mcmaster.com/91310A640/
Stainless: https://www.mcmaster.com/92800A469/

I found 10.9 zinc in my local hardware store for a couple bucks, but only in 40mm and 50mm. The 50mm fits just fine. There also weren't lockwashers on my pair of bolts so if you're in there, you probably want to add them.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How easy/hard would it be if you wanted to remove the contour Canopy? If someone was sorta indecisive and had a rebel off road half rack to use some time and contour canopy to use the rest of the time, how hard would swapping them out be?

…asking for a friend…
Sponsored