Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well, hopefully this weekend i will be a proud member of the Alu-Cab Team. Been through this thread completely but still having concerns about the wiring for both the brake light and LEDs. I have wiring ran to the bed from one of the aux switches and want to use that for the lights. If anyone has any input on this, please let me know. I'm thinking @smlobx picture is the right way to go for the JTR. Let me know if this is correct since there were variations both good and bad in previous posts.
Another option if you have the trailer wiring.
The place that installed it for me wired the brake light to the trailer wiring, when I asked about that they said it was more consistent than the tail light wiring.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap IMG_2690.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap IMG_2694.JPG
Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Well, hopefully this weekend i will be a proud member of the Alu-Cab Team. Been through this thread completely but still having concerns about the wiring for both the brake light and LEDs. I have wiring ran to the bed from one of the aux switches and want to use that for the lights. If anyone has any input on this, please let me know. I'm thinking @smlobx picture is the right way to go for the JTR. Let me know if this is correct since there were variations both good and bad in previous posts.

JTR Alumacab canopy wiring.jpg
Mine is currently wired like that to the right taillight. I do get the brake light flashing when the right turn signal is on and not with the left. Think I like the idea of adding the plug to the trailer harness and attaching to that.

I did wire the canopy internal lights to an aux switch and that works well. Just leave all lights on and turn off and on with the aux switch.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Anyone run a solar panel through the canopy? I curious if some one did and how they go about it. I'm trying not to drill through the canopy roof and mounting a cable gland to it.

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone run a solar panel through the canopy? I curious if some one did and how they go about it. I'm trying not to drill through the canopy roof and mounting a cable gland to it.
I ran the cable in the front by the seam, no drilling required.

Sponsored

YO_Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94YJ..... '21 JTR!
Has anyone mounted the top to the Teraflex rails?

In my head I'm thinking that it's completely compatible. Just looking for reaffirmation.

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You have any photos? thanks
I don't leave the cable in place when I'm not using the truck for camping, I live in the FL Keys and a full time solar panel added to much heat. I'll take a picture of where it goes. I hate drilling in to the cap or the truck. I stressed out when put the Rhino-rack Backbone and platform on, however its a great addition with or without my CVT Mt St Helens hardshell RTT.

AlaskaHoosier

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone mount gear to the outside of the canopy? Looking for options for 1. traction mats 2. 5lb propane tank with mount.

Also, anyone have a link to molle panels for the canopy, not the canopy camper? I'm thinking of adding some to the back of the bins and maybe elsewhere.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
What kind of hooks or other attachment hardware are people using to mount stuff to the underside/“roof” of the cab?

I’ve looked all over…Alu-Cab’s website and distributors. Is this such generic hardware that they don’t bother stocking it?

jeventures

First Name
JonEric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business
What kind of hooks or other attachment hardware are people using to mount stuff to the underside/“roof” of the cab?

I’ve looked all over…Alu-Cab’s website and distributors. Is this such generic hardware that they don’t bother stocking it?
It is standard m8 hardware you can buy on Amazon or any hardware store. If you have an industrial place around like fastenalnthey carry more unique m8 size hardware like clips, rings, etc.

jeventures

First Name
JonEric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business
We bought an Alu Cab internal storage rack but have decided to go another route for our storage. It’s in the box with all hardware. Never installed. Paid $370 for it. Could sell for $325 locally or ship passing on the shipping cost. Second photo is so you know I’m a real human with a Jeep and an AluCab. 👍🏼
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap 4A658566-44DE-4166-B5DF-CA3EABCAC39C
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap A284CE0E-314F-4612-987D-242D5FFAC549

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
It is standard m8 hardware you can buy on Amazon or any hardware store. If you have an industrial place around like fastenalnthey carry more unique m8 size hardware like clips, rings, etc.
Thank you. 🍻
Sponsored