First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and a Minivan!
Occupation
Various
So I’m picking up my max tow in a couple weeks.

my usage case: daily driver, mild trail, dune (couple times a year). Mostly Mall Crawler if I’m honest.

I will run 35’s (have them on my JLUR) and I don’t want 37s.

I was going to do a mild lift either AEV or Mopar(we can debates these another day :))

I kept thinking. Why not put on Rubicon Flares and low height spacer kit?

Wouldn’t this option get me everything I’m looking for without any negative impact and for way less money.

only big down side I see is that a taller lift would raise the belly more (I’m could live with this trade off - see usage case above)
Sponsored

Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
That's what I did with mine, put on Rubicon flares and liners. Do just fine (see 35k mile thread)

And yes truck performance does suffer with lifts and such, see my threads on the topic where members discuss how

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
With the Gladiator Sport, we have lifted several with the Mopar Lift on 37's and no issues. We had one client that disconnected and said he did not rub when wheeling in CO.
If you don't load down the bed or tow heavy loads add .75 inch spacer in the front to reduce the rake then add an adjustable front track bar ( the factory one is a hollow tube that will flex when driving)

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Solid plan on multiple levels. Ground clearance and tire sizes, yet you save on MPG because you are not as tall as other options.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and a Minivan!
Occupation
Various
Solid plan on multiple levels. Ground clearance and tire sizes, yet you save on MPG because you are not as tall as other options.
I’ve had a number of Jeep’s with my most hardcore days in Colorado in a TJ. Low Center of Gravity (LCG)was all the rage.

ever since then I’ve been intrigued with adding rubber while keeping suspension as low as possible.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’ve had a number of Jeep’s with my most hardcore days in Colorado in a TJ. Low Center of Gravity (LCG)was all the rage.

ever since then I’ve been intrigued with adding rubber while keeping suspension as low as possible.
That is my plan, once I upgrade to a Mojave. Won't touch factory springs or shocks, but will look at 35s or 37s. Would like to keep as low of a center of gravity as possible while still getting a bit more overall clearance.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
No, that will be fine.

With high clearance fenders youll be good to go. Small spacer kit and appropriate bump stop length will allow you to do what you want.

I am unsure but I believe if you go aftermarket flat fenders you will get even more clearance than the Rubi ones, however you would need aftermarket fender liners.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Not sure you will save any money doing it that way, the Rubicon fenders are around $700.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and a Minivan!
Occupation
Various
It gets even better.
Mopar has a standing 15% off coupon

so Fenders are ~$600 and a 1.5” tera flex spacer at $100

So I’m in for $700 while maintaining factory geometry especially once my bumper and winch are installed.

saving money is nice, but not the primary driver - I prefer factory geometry every time if I can make it happen.

every suspension lift I’ve had experience with tends to lead to “something else” is needed.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the spacers you will not be maintaining the factory geometry and may want to consider using the Mopar LCAs from the 2” lift and also consider some Rubicon take off shocks if you are going to be running larger tires. It can add up pretty quickly and the Mopar 2” lift is only $1250

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and a Minivan!
Occupation
Various
agreed the geometry won’t be exact, but quite close to factory rubicon specs

I already have the extended Mopar control arms (should have mentioned that) :)

im not hating on the Mopar kit, from what I’ve read it’s solid though a few more items are needed (especially track bar)

Do you think the Mopar lift will be better daily than the rubicon suspension with spacers and extended LCAs?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure, I have a max tow with Rubicon front springs, 340 and 343, Rubicon shocks, Mopar LCAs and Daystar 1.5" front and .75" rear spacers, I kept the max tow rear springs. Mine rides pretty firm, I have the Daystar lower spring perch isolators and RE front shock extensions I still need to install. From what I have read the Mopar 2" lift rides pretty good, I would not worry about track bar to shift the axle a little bit.
Sponsored