Amazon bed racks.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just can't justify a $1000 rack when I can get one that looks like it's made in the same factory for half the price. Does anyone have any experience with less costly units?
https://www.amazon.com/TKMAUTO-Adjustable-Compatible-2020-2021-Gladiator/dp/B09BBMWXV9/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=2Q7R5M6S7Q7OD&keywords=gladiator+half+bed+rack&qid=1673838783&sprefix=gladiator+half,aps,337&sr=8-8
Jeep Gladiator Amazon bed racks. Screenshot_20230115_211356_Samsung Internet
Great question I will be following to see some answers. I have been looking at this rack as well as the Hooke Rack.

OP
OP

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Great question I will be following to see some answers. I have been looking at this rack as well as the Hooke Rack.
This looks exactly like the Fishbone one.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Chinese manufacturers steal designs and resell, putting those who put in the work out of business.

Oftentimes it's the same plant who makes it for the American company. RTIC did this to Yeti.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Chinese manufacturers steal designs and resell, putting those who put in the work out of business.

Oftentimes it's the same plant who makes it for the American company. RTIC did this to Yeti.
RTIC and YETI are both Texas based companies, but I know what you are getting at. R&D costs don't exist for the company copying the design, so no extra money to recoup.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it's made with the same gauge steel, or the same quality fasteners, or the same tolerances, or the same quality welds.

It's also well within the wheelhouse of chinese IP knockoff mnfrs to lie about their specs. I wouldn't expect the knock-off to have the same static or dynamic weight capacity because of all the issues listed above.

But, if you really want to save the money: i'd suggest buying is from amazon, assembling it (without installing it) and do a little at-home stress testing while still within the amazon return period.

Gl4dy8r

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Spent $900 for the go rhino XRS rack. The welds broke, they warrantied it, the welds broke again, in the SAME spots. I now have a leitner designs rack that was more than double, and that rack has literally taken me across the country, handled whatever I could throw at it. If it's for looks, go Amazon. If you're going to actually USE it, I'd do some research. Save up and get something that will function when it matters. You don't want to end up like me and having to ratchet strap your rack together and hope to God that it doesn't collapse because you're still 3 hours from home and 20 mi off pavement. My 2¢

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Seems a little too good to be true if you ask me. When it comes to welding and carrying loads, I’d spend a little more. More importantly, find a more reputable company. That TKMAuto website won’t even load on my phone properly.

With that being said, does anyone know if there’s any regulations or standards for bed racks? Are there any testing results that these manufacturers have to provide? Seems crazy to just let companies sell these for public road vehicles with no standards to abide by.