Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I should add that my Rubicon has 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect® 4C NAV system upgraded with SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic Plus. The premium Navigation system features pinch-and-zoom capability, one-step voice destination entry, Junction View, 3D landmarks, city models and digital terrains.
Best you can get would be the GAIA GPS that is now available through Apple Car Play. Has complete TOPO capability Nationwide. Every goat path is on it. I think you have to pay $39 a year for it.
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Probably the 392 will be offered. Other than maybe that, I wouldn’t hold my breath for any major revisions until mid-cycle of the JL body style (2023 MY) when we might see an interior refresh...that’s probably when we would finally see UConnect5 and a bigger screen.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I would be happy with a Uconnect system that actually works. That software is dogsh**.
<snip>
And the fact that it's even called "u connect" is a joke. That implies you can connect. But you can't lol. It's so broken.
I suppose there are advantages to being not so techish. I have the 7" on my Overland, and it does great things for me with no issues , yet. Perhaps I just don't know enough to know how bad it supposedly is.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose there are advantages to being not so techish. I have the 7" on my Overland, and it does great things for me with no issues , yet. Perhaps I just don't know enough to know how bad it supposedly is.
I have the 8.4" in my Overland. There was a software update during the summer to correct some camera issues, but I've never had any problems with it.

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
I should add that my Rubicon has 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect® 4C NAV system upgraded with SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic Plus. The premium Navigation system features pinch-and-zoom capability, one-step voice destination entry, Junction View, 3D landmarks, city models and digital terrains.

Totally agree. I was up in the mountains with no cell service. I knew about how to get back down but it was starting to snow pretty hard and I didn't want to take any chances. It actually found a way better way down than I could ever have hoped. Great stuff.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yea that is what mine had and am happy. The Uconnect in my dodge ram was a nightmare and never worked. I loved the 8.4 screen but all of the remote starting, etc that it promised to offer never worked. I'd be happy with the same functions I have now just the 8.4 screen

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Any rumors going around for changes, updates, trims, tweaks...etc Jeep might do to the Gladiator for 2022?
I received a survey from Jeep about my thoughts on the Gladiator hard top recently. It was seeded with lots of questions about rear removable panels and modular construction for one person removal. One can only hope that the survey was an indication of future direction. And Jeep if you are listening... I'm happy to trial a new design. :)

Last edited:

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Wireless carplay for apple will go live at end of 2021 production.

Also, I heard they are going to make the keyfob more ruggedized. Will be a little bigger, but look way more hearty.

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I received a survey from Jeep about my thoughts on the Gladiator hard top recently. It was seeded with lots of questions about rear removable panels and modular construction for one person removal. One can only hope that the survey was an indication of future direction.
The current manufacturer of the hard top lost their IATF accreditation, and rumor is no contracts are being renewed. Perfect timing to make a design tweak, if they are going with a different OEM.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The current manufacturer of the hard top lost their IATF accreditation, and rumor is no contracts are being renewed. Perfect timing to make a design tweak, if they are going with a different OEM.
I hope they follow-up with me on my survey responses. I went beyond just checking the boxes. :)

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
My 2020 JT 5" screen uconnect Is horrible compared to my older JLs 7" uconnect. Sometimes when I hit the power button to the radio it takes over 5 seconds to turn on. LoL
If that pile of Soviet surplus 5" radios could just dry up, that'd be great. FCA is the only one still pushing ancient BS like that.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Me too, I added the spring loaded passenger side roof for the ejection seat option in my comments. It’s not good for the wife’s disposition to constantly bounce off the inside of the roof when I press the button.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yea that is what mine had and am happy. The Uconnect in my dodge ram was a nightmare and never worked. I loved the 8.4 screen but all of the remote starting, etc that it promised to offer never worked. I'd be happy with the same functions I have now just the 8.4 screen
I special-ordered my Overland. I did not get the 8.4, because it was way too much money for the only perceived benefit to me, which would have been the navigation. (Instead, I bought an Overlander from Garmin).

So it seems I just lucked out, if the 7" is reliable and the 8.4" isn't.
Sponsored