Sponsored

Any way to delay the activation of ESS start/stop?

Kitfoxbill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Suburban
Is there any way to delay the activation of start/stop? Here way , when i park the engine shuts off before i can put it into park, which makes it start again. So i want to delay activation so i can get it into park.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Is there any way to delay the activation of start/stop? Here way , when i park the engine shuts off before i can put it into park, which makes it start again. So i want to delay activation so i can get it into park.
No. But you can disable ess. There's a button that will turn ess off, and third party options.
Ess is a hot topic here with many threads debating the benefits and other threads debating the ways of disabling it.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
No. But you can disable ess. There's a button that will turn ess off, and third party options.
Ess is a hot topic here with many threads debating the benefits and other threads debating the ways of disabling it.
Agreed.

OP,

If you like ESS - which many don't - the best you can do is press the disable button when you know you'll be parking soon. Otherwise, what you're describing is a common problem - it too agressively shuts off, and common things like shifting into park are irritating.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I like ess but yes it should delay maybe 5 seconds. Most time sitting at lights a long time it is a great feature. I use the button for heavy stop and go.

OP
OP
Kitfoxbill

Kitfoxbill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Suburban
Agreed.

OP,

If you like ESS - which many don't - the best you can do is press the disable button when you know you'll be parking soon. Otherwise, what you're describing is a common problem - it too agressively shuts off, and common things like shifting into park are irritating.
Thats what i do now. Thanks

Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I automatically push the ESS button to turn off .. every time I start the Mojave.. have tried to turn off using Jscan .. and sometimes it stays off for a while. Hate this feature.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
How fast are yall pulling into a parking spot? Ive never once had this happen. It even says it doesn’t activate if the speed threshold isnt met, of if the brake pedal is t depressed fully.

AE3A94F5-AFEF-4EC2-8F40-F0BC9680C089.jpeg

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Easiest way is to ease up on how hard you are pressing down on the pedal when you are stopped.

If you hold just enough pressure to keep the truck from moving, you don't even have to mess with the button on the dash or the expense of a Tazer to keep it from activating.
Sponsored