Sponsored

Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock?

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
My only regret is not getting the factory auxiliary switches 🤦🏾‍♂️
Man, same here. The LED lights would have been cool, but I really regret not getting the aux switches. Such a useful option for only $199 new.
Sponsored

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
lots of pp boasting in here

the home made max tow hood decals are a little... cringe... but hey whatever floats your boat. If it fits your needs then cool. Seems like a weird inferiority complex would lead to posting "I'm just smitten with my stock max tow, who else hasn't done anything but use their truck as a truck?" on a Jeep forum.

If I need to tow I use my Navi with air conditioned seats, a 9500lb tow rating, a load leveling suspension, and all the other creature comforts. The Gladiator is a wrangler with a truck bed imo but if your Max Tow fits your needs then bad ass. Not sure why you hate the Rubis and Mojaves, or why you think a prius nerd in a cubicle came up with their concepts. Most of us have met the engineers over the years and they've taken all of our feedback and gave us the Jeeps we asked for.

Again, super happy for you that your Max Tow fits your needs, but maybe work on the inferiority complex a bit. At least you didn't buy a Tacoma.

No inferiority complex and I do love my Max Tow. It’s a convertible pickup truck that can tow 7500lbs. What’s not to like. I don’t hate the Mojave, it looks cool but Jeep going after the Ford Raptor with it is lame IMOP. The Mojave is underpowered, has some nice Shocks, but to me all show no go. If Jeep adds more power and a front locker, then it might be worth it. I love the Rubicon and I’ve owned one, just don’t need a Rubicon model pickup or I would have bought one.

There are threads for both The Mojave and Rubicon. I don’t talk crap over there about an over priced rock crawler pickup that would get more body damage on a trail than the better off road handling rock crawling wrangler rubicon.

So why don’t you just stay over there. Don’t worry about us here in the Max Tow thread (they even have Jeep color threads now... who cares if you like it go for it) coming here and name calling is also lame, what’s the point.

Sounds like you may have little man syndrome... or little something syndrome.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No inferiority complex and I do love my Max Tow. It’s a convertible pickup truck that can tow 7500lbs. What’s not to like. I don’t hate the Mojave, it looks cool but Jeep going after the Ford Raptor with it is lame IMOP. The Mojave is underpowered, has some nice Shocks, but to me all show no go. If Jeep adds more power and a front locker, then it might be worth it. I love the Rubicon and I’ve owned one, just don’t need a Rubicon model pickup or I would have bought one.

There are threads for both The Mojave and Rubicon. I don’t talk crap over there about an over priced rock crawler pickup that would get more body damage on a trail than the better off road handling rock crawling wrangler rubicon.

So why don’t you just stay over there. Don’t worry about us here in the Max Tow thread (they even have Jeep color threads now... who cares if you like it go for it) coming here and name calling is also lame, what’s the point.

Sounds like you may have little man syndrome... or little something syndrome.
I hear you and I’m glad you got your ideal vehicle. The max tow does seem to be as niche of an offering as the Mojave or rubicon.

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I hear you and I’m glad you got your ideal vehicle. The max tow does seem to be as niche of an offering as the Mojave or rubicon.
the home made max tow hood decals are a little... cringe... but hey whatever ....The Gladiator is a wrangler with a truck bed imo.
Thanks for the positive comment after my clarification of why it is ok for us to have a Max Tow thread... maybe we need to start another “only Max Tow” thread. I want to hear Max Tow owner’s comments. I don’t care to hear opinions from other model owners (many not so nice and don’t understand our purchase over other models) that seem to want to say we MT owners only bought as we “can’t afford the higher models” etc and “ we all have an inferiority complex”. On the contrary, some of us really want a real towing hauling open top machine without needing a massive 1 ton for our towing needs.

1- the JT Max Tow sticker on my hood is not “home made” although I do agree I will need to make it a bit larger to match stock hood sticker graphics. This does let other sport s owners know that it is different, like Mojave, Willy's and Rubicon for example.

The Max Tow IS a different Model than a regular Sport S. I think IMOP, the MT needs a special edition attitude as the Mojave, Rubicon, Willy’s, etc.

2- the Max Tow is NOT a wrangler with a bed. In fact all JT’s have front similarities to the Wrangler but the rear frame
And suspension IS Ram Truck 1/2 ton design.

SO, yes the JT is truly a mid size best in class TRUCK. Thank you Jeep.

This goes back to my point:

Jeep should make the MT a special edition, with better factory brake control than currently offered, a stronger frame as the Mojave currently has, air bag option for rear suspension, longer 6 + foot bed (would love to haul my dirt bikes with tailgate up)... yes really longer bed as this edition IS a hauler, better shocks(mine are shot after 40,000 miles of towing and hailing near capacity , selectable locker options ( I Tow a wake board boat, and if you have pulled 6000+ lb boats up steep boat ramps you understand the need, plus making a true overlanding truck) higher capacity 110 AC in cab and rear bed outlets, better cooling hood and side vents using Mojave and V8 type higher cowl and functional hood scoops to increase cooling capabilities (come on Jeep you can make the Tow rating more capable. I will buy Diesel JT next and there needs to be a diesel MT option). More options, full roof rack (contractor type attached to front windscreen hoop) that allows use of both hard top and soft top, built in programming for tow haul mode that accounts for your tow haul weight just as the Rivian trucks have.

YES, we are talking a Rubicon, Mojave price point plus... but it is worth it to me. I have driven full size trucks gas and diesel and 99% of the time they are too big to enjoy as a dd...

Jeep engineers have done a great job of making a real mid size pickup, why not make a model for those of us that use them as such? This JT beats any mid size truck IMOP as it is an open top pickup! How cool is that!

Yes Toyota makes a great truck and eventually they will copy and catch up as Japan is very good at doing this ( although they won’t ever offer a drop top, look at the FJ failure to compete
With the Wrangler, no they really don’t get it).

This is my reasoning behind making the Max Tow a real separate edition from standard Sport S.

I hope Jeep is listening.

What do y’all MT owners think?

What options would you like to see on a special edition of the JT for those of us that want a more capable mid size truck?

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
My Sport S with max tow with options stickers at 47k. A similarly optioned rubicon is 5k more.

Differences in the packages

Lockers
Sway bar disconnects
High clearance fenders
Rear LEDs

I don't need those things for what I'm doing.

Heck... even my Max Tow springs are sitting in a box right now.

Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the positive comment after my clarification of why it is ok for us to have a Max Tow thread... maybe we need to start another “only Max Tow” thread. I want to hear Max Tow owner’s comments. I don’t care to hear opinions from other model owners (many not so nice and don’t understand our purchase over other models) that seem to want to say we MT owners only bought as we “can’t afford the higher models” etc and “ we all have an inferiority complex”. On the contrary, some of us really want a real towing hauling open top machine without needing a massive 1 ton for our towing needs.

1- the JT Max Tow sticker on my hood is not “home made” although I do agree I will need to make it a bit larger to match stock hood sticker graphics. This does let other sport s owners know that it is different, like Mojave, Willy's and Rubicon for example.

The Max Tow IS a different Model than a regular Sport S. I think IMOP, the MT needs a special edition attitude as the Mojave, Rubicon, Willy’s, etc.

2- the Max Tow is NOT a wrangler with a bed. In fact all JT’s have front similarities to the Wrangler but the rear frame
And suspension IS Ram Truck 1/2 ton design.

SO, yes the JT is truly a mid size best in class TRUCK. Thank you Jeep.

This goes back to my point:

Jeep should make the MT a special edition, with better factory brake control than currently offered, a stronger frame as the Mojave currently has, air bag option for rear suspension, longer 6 + foot bed (would love to haul my dirt bikes with tailgate up)... yes really longer bed as this edition IS a hauler, better shocks(mine are shot after 40,000 miles of towing and hailing near capacity , selectable locker options ( I Tow a wake board boat, and if you have pulled 6000+ lb boats up steep boat ramps you understand the need, plus making a true overlanding truck) higher capacity 110 AC in cab and rear bed outlets, better cooling hood and side vents using Mojave and V8 type higher cowl and functional hood scoops to increase cooling capabilities (come on Jeep you can make the Tow rating more capable. I will buy Diesel JT next and there needs to be a diesel MT option). More options, full roof rack (contractor type attached to front windscreen hoop) that allows use of both hard top and soft top, built in programming for tow haul mode that accounts for your tow haul weight just as the Rivian trucks have.

YES, we are talking a Rubicon, Mojave price point plus... but it is worth it to me. I have driven full size trucks gas and diesel and 99% of the time they are too big to enjoy as a dd...

Jeep engineers have done a great job of making a real mid size pickup, why not make a model for those of us that use them as such? This JT beats any mid size truck IMOP as it is an open top pickup! How cool is that!

Yes Toyota makes a great truck and eventually they will copy and catch up as Japan is very good at doing this ( although they won’t ever offer a drop top, look at the FJ failure to compete
With the Wrangler, no they really don’t get it).

This is my reasoning behind making the Max Tow a real separate edition from standard Sport S.

I hope Jeep is listening.

What do y’all MT owners think?

What options would you like to see on a special edition of the JT for those of us that want a more capable mid size truck?
You do you, king. I’m sure there’s a huge untapped market of people that want “MAX TOW” on their hood. Can’t wait for the revolution.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
You do you, king. I’m sure there’s a huge untapped market of people that want “MAX TOW” on their hood. Can’t wait for the revolution.

See ya Troll, you are blocked from me. Go enjoy your slow ass desert runner little man. 🤣

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Damn the Max Tow looks Good tonight!!

Excuse the overgrown grass, my house looks abandoned right now. I’ve been gone for 3 weeks.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 1CFC7A86-79C6-4E7D-ADAE-270B35E77ECB

6E255F27-FFD2-4AE1-B5E4-815E655B2D48.jpeg

Last edited:

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I passed you again in town a bit earlier. Lol. White Mojave turning from Leeville.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Damn the Max Tow looks Good tonight!!

Excuse the overgrown grass, my house looks abandoned right now. I’ve been gone for 3 weeks.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 6E255F27-FFD2-4AE1-B5E4-815E655B2D48

Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? 6E255F27-FFD2-4AE1-B5E4-815E655B2D48
I thought the same thing about mine earlier;)
Jeep Gladiator Anybody Completely Enamored with the MAX TOW Stock? PXL_20210825_134024483.PORTRAIT-01

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I passed you again in town a bit earlier. Lol. White Mojave turning from Leeville.

You doing any camping trips or ride mountain bikes? I saw you this time and the Mojave looks sweet!! What lift and wheels and tires do you have?

Let’s get together some time!

Gary

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well done, what are the specs?
2.5" Readylift SST lift kit with Rubicon take-off springs in the front, Kept the Max Tow rear springs for towing purposes.

Rubicon take-off shocks

37 12.5 17 Goodyear Kevlar MTR tires on Stock Steel wheels. 1.75" Wheels spacers bought from CJ Pony.

Fox Steering stabilizer

Poison Frog Geo Correction Brackets.

Plan on adding a Rough Country adjustable track bar soon and then I'll probably be done with my build. I'm pretty satisfied with how it's sitting, riding and driving at the moment.