Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
ran the antenna cable through the firewall on the passenger side
Where is the hole in the firewall on the passenger side? I only found the clutch pedal hole on the driver side and the drain plugs.
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I picked up one of the below, which I am going to use to mount separate control heads for Yaesu FT-891 HF and FT-7900VHF/UHF amateur rigs (with the transceiver bodies remoted to behind the back seat)[with other things on my plate, that'll be next spring at earliest). Kinda like the look of the Midland referenced earlier as a way that I could have easy cross-category interoperability for emcomm.

https://www.[Banned Site]/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

edit- looks like the link may not work but its [Banned Site]

second edit, well, I guess that other site is very verboten here
I ordered the CB Bar from there too. It looks like a well thought out product. Idk why mentioning that site is banned here. It is way a life, btw.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have a cobra 75 with a mount near the grab handle. The antenna cable is run out of a floor drain plug. The antenna is attached near the hood and front fender.

9291160F-41F0-468D-A745-2CAFE668A4FD.png

B3D3414D-E619-4AB6-8170-73C5A019D16D.png

ABCA3C27-CE31-4A42-AFDD-7A7BDED5C6FE.png

6156525D-3665-4646-9B7E-76CB6186545D.png
Johnny-Double J, that hood mount is what i am looking for. Who and where did you get it? Thanks,

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Where is the hole in the firewall on the passenger side? I only found the clutch pedal hole on the driver side and the drain plugs.
sorry, I just saw this, it’s behind the glovebox on the right side of the compartment. I don’t fit easily, lol, so you have to really get upside down to see it or remove the box. I did not remove the glove box. I also got a tool to run wires through these grommets, it made it easier. I tried without it and could not do it. Hope this helps. If you need a picture let me know.

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

jimhart69

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK
Glad to see that this worked. I figured it stopped at the JK based on the years and have been looking for an alternative.

Did you run into any snags getting it installed in the factory AM/FM antenna location? Planning on doing the same with a 2' Firestik. Thanks!
Nope mounted up like stock, need to move the small body boot to it but that is it

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Nope mounted up like stock, need to move the small body boot to it but that is it
Forgive me, but "body boot?"

I'm getting ready to order
2' Firestik
Rugged Ridge CB FM/CB mount kit
Quadratec CB mount
*insert brand* CB radio

Should be good to go, right?

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgive me, but "body boot?"

I'm getting ready to order
2' Firestik
Rugged Ridge CB FM/CB mount kit
Quadratec CB mount
*insert brand* CB radio

Should be good to go, right?
Did you want a longer fire stick? Reason I ask is I did not know about the quick disconnect. If I did I would have gotten a longer antenna and just take it off for the day to day drive so I could get in the garage. If I knew about this I would have gotten a longer one instead of a 2 foot one.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you want a longer fire stick? Reason I ask is I did not know about the quick disconnect. If I did I would have gotten a longer antenna and just take it off for the day to day drive so I could get in the garage. If I knew about this I would have gotten a longer one instead of a 2 foot one.
7049FB22-C0D0-4636-BCCC-B5C89B1B2B30.jpeg

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Thanks for the insight and suggestion. I’m looking to run the antenna as my sole antenna full time, however. It will be replacing the OEM AM/FM one. 3 ft may provide better reception, but I’m hoping for full functionality with my CB use limited to a handful of vehicles really within eye shot during a camping trip with occasional need to get into parking garages. Hope it works!

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
@CarolinaGladiator

Here is my setup, midland handheld that has a mounted setup also. I then got A pillar mounts, mounted a Wilson antenna, because I wanted to run the ground myself and Wilson already has a ground wire, ran the antenna cable through the firewall on the passenger side, added a cb mount to the OH Crap bar and there it is. As noted, you get better range with a mounted antenna. I also added some lights :). Hope this helps

I did not want a full size cb, so this works exceptionally all well for me. Take pictures and have fun!

8DE080A0-90DF-462D-9F34-F0FA3BA39C22.jpeg

FEF11B0A-F522-4D3A-9E81-658543EE00B9.jpeg

024789D8-9C07-481C-94D6-7D7F307E2FA5.jpeg
What A pillar mount is that?

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Fyi, I installed my CB - Midland 75-822. I went with the Quadratec antenna kit. This is a great kit for installation, not cheap through. It comes with a 3 foot non adjustable super flexible antenna. But, After installation, my SWR was good on channel 40, but, terrible on channel 1 - SWR was 2.5.. I got it down to 2 SWR with a light weight spring, but, I was not happy. I needed a longer antenna. I tried 3 additional antennas. In my opinion, a three foot firestick or firefly is still too heavy for that location, even with a light weight spring, however, it is very easy to dial these antennas to the correct SWR, I got both of them down to a minium of 1.3 swr or less for all 40 channels. All the three foot antennas were too short and had to be lengthened to get the correct SWR.
At the end of the process I selected the four foot adjustable Wilson 305-4FD Silver Load Series 4' CB Antenna Whip. This antenna is super light, very flexible, light, and you do not need a spring, so, that makes it even lighter. For tuning, the antenna was too long and had to be shortened quite a bit. I had to take off the adjustable tip, throw it away, then, grind down the antenna about 1/3 inch just past the adjustment screw to get a perfect SWR. My SWR is now 1.1 for channel 1 and 1.2 for Channel 40. I am super happy now with my reception and transmission and I like running that Wilson antenna with no spring.

OJBqm3.jpg

cIEqTv.jpg

UdpBYj.jpg

RvmrH8.jpg

pYzjCC.jpg

nIlTgO.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: