Sponsored

Anyone attend Jeep Adventure Academy before?

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
We are signed up for the for the April 16th session at Springfield, MO (SMORR) session.
I'm in St. Louis, and have been thinking about signing up for this. Midwest Jeepthing is putting on a 101 event this weekend, but I may just do the event in Springfield.
Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Was wanting to sign my wife up for this. The closest one for us is the killbuck Ohio one. Put the address into my gps to see how far away it was and it’s only 1.5 hrs but then looked at the satellite view and it just looks like a hill in a grass field

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Do they use any kind of radio communications during the event? I have a GMRS radio that I need to install sooner or later, and I'm signed up for the 10th in Texas. If they use GMRS, I guess I'd better get my radio installed sooner...

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Do they use any kind of radio communications during the event? I have a GMRS radio that I need to install sooner or later, and I'm signed up for the 10th in Texas. If they use GMRS, I guess I'd better get my radio installed sooner...
I just attended the academy this past weekend in Phoenix. They did not use any radio communications for our event. I do not have a GMRS radio In my JT. They had us keep a window down. There were trail guides walking the line of vehicles with specific instructions for the upcoming obstacles.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I just attended the academy this past weekend in Phoenix. They did not use any radio communications for our event. I do not have a GMRS radio In my JT. They had us keep a window down. There were trail guides walking the line of vehicles with specific instructions for the upcoming obstacles.
Ok, thanks for the info! Where in Phoenix did they do it? I just moved here from Tempe, but i only had my Gladiator for a couple of weeks before I moved so I only had time to head up to Sedona and do Schnebly and some other trails up there.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Ok, thanks for the info! Where in Phoenix did they do it? I just moved here from Tempe, but i only had my Gladiator for a couple of weeks before I moved so I only had time to head up to Sedona and do Schnebly and some other trails up there.
Wickenburg at Flying E Ranch. It was a great spot to hold the event. They had two different trails. They split us into two groups and had each group alternate on the two trails. One of those trails was more technically challenging than I expected it to be. Our group did that trail in the morning and then the easier trail in the afternoon. It was honestly a fantastic experience. So glad we went.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Review #2 Wickenburg Event in Az. The event was well produced and coordinated. Know that it is geared toward very basic skills.

Pro: Low stress environment with experienced spotters.
Pro: You’ll have a good time being with other Jeepers.

Con: Seat time is limited, even after breaking the classes into two groups, because you’re waiting folks to get over an obstacle. This can also be a “pro” if you’ve ever wondered what it is like following a large group on a trail.

If you’re new to being off-road, and want to learn more about your Jeep on a closed course, this is good place to start gaining experience.

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody signed up for the Knoxville academy?

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Was wanting to sign my wife up for this. The closest one for us is the killbuck Ohio one. Put the address into my gps to see how far away it was and it’s only 1.5 hrs but then looked at the satellite view and it just looks like a hill in a grass field
the killbuck land is private, in the middle of Amish country. Definitely worth a day trip to Amish country in its own right, if you haven’t been.

I have been trying to figure out where it actually is, and I am 85% sure that land is owned by one of the Jeep clubs in the area. If you go, please give a good review of the grounds.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Im doing the Hollister Hills one this year. Ive got some off roading experience, have hit trails a few times and gone wheeling in the snow a bit, but I felt it would be good to get some proper education on this stuff and learn more about how to properly tackle obstacles (Is yelling "Send it!" required or simply recommended?).

One of the things that stood out to me was them talking about winch use demonstrations. Ive got one, but never used the damn thing, and would like some practical experience with it, with a babysitter present.

Worst case scenario, I goof off in the gladiator for a day and meet some fellow jeepers, sounds good!

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Just signed up for Detroit's Jeep Adventure Academy. Anybody do one of these before. Curious to see how this works
I Think I Qualify as a Yes as I took My stock 1972 CJ off road in Maine in the Winta Time. It Was Not Planned BUT I am still here to talk about IT!
Sponsored