First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
It says there is a rubber sleeve on the pin...

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Someone just posted If you have a Tazer, you can set the alarm to go off if the hood is opened. Since hood locks are easy to pick, that sounded like a good solution to me.

BigDKY

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
I put the Rugged Ridge locking hood latches on mine I’ve been really pleased with them would recommend if looking for some install is easy.

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
heard bad things about them, they rust and get stuck, a lot of bad reviews on here and other websites, I was considering purchasing but the reviews made me choose the rugged ridge ones

Sponsored

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
What about these? They open the same way as the OEM, just a lock added. I'll admit I don't have a set, so I can't say anything about the quality.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have DV8 Hood Latch Locks? 1662873643666

I have a set of the Rugged Ridge locks, and while I like the look and quality, I'm not a fan of the WAY they open, they're rubbing the paint around the latch when I release them. I can't see any damage so far, but I'm considering added paint protection film just so that it doesn't chip one day.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have DV8 Hood Latch Locks? IMG_5235.JPG

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
What about these? They open the same way as the OEM, just a lock added. I'll admit I don't have a set, so I can't say anything about the quality.

1662873643666.png

I have a set of the Rugged Ridge locks, and while I like the look and quality, I'm not a fan of the WAY they open, they're rubbing the paint around the latch when I release them. I can't see any damage so far, but I'm considering added paint protection film just so that it doesn't chip one day.

IMG_5235.JPG
Any update on the rugged ridge locks as far as rubbing paint? Looking to get some locks, don't know which yet.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Any update on the rugged ridge locks as far as rubbing paint? Looking to get some locks, don't know which yet.
I've had these for a few months and so far so good, looks like the paint hasn't been an issue. Never got around to the paint film.

Now the main reason I think I had a hard time opening these is that I have a set of hood struts on my Jeep as well, and the force of these pressing the hood up was interfering with the latches, making them harder to release and forcing the latches against the paint.

I have to use two hands to open the latches now, using one hand to press down on the hood and press the release button, and the other to undo the latch. Opening them that way has stopped them from rubbing the paint, and it's a lot easier to open them now that I have the technique down, it's only like this because I have the hood struts installed, no struts and you should be good to go. It's due to the fact that these latches are "reversed" compared to the factory ones, you pull up from the bottom of the latch to release.

But yes, thanks to those two mods, there's a trick to opening my hood now, I've had family members and techs alike call me saying they couldn't open my hood when it was unlocked, and I had to open it myself.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Drake offroad makes that same style. Had it on my JK for 7 years, no rusting or issues at all. DV8 has shitty QC I would not buy them at all.

SIG551-A1

First Name
Stazi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
I just put the BOLT 7032303 on my Gladiator. Took 20 mins to install and works awesome. The lock learns you ignition key the first time you use it and cannot be changed.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
But yes, thanks to those two mods, there's a trick to opening my hood now, I've had family members and techs alike call me saying they couldn't open my hood when it was unlocked, and I had to open it myself.
Good tip for me for my next dealer appt, I may need to open my Rugged Ridge latches when handing over the vehicle

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Drake offroad makes that same style. Had it on my JK for 7 years, no rusting or issues at all. DV8 has shitty QC I would not buy them at all.
I ended up getting the DV8 and haven’t had any issues yet (knock on wood). I am surprised to see this view of DV8 as everything I’ve read about them elsewhere is that they’re a solid brand.

That said, I have seen recently some people having issues with bumper alignment. I reached out to DV8 on this and they acknowledged some issues and that they’re refreshing some bumpers (such as fs-25) in the coming months for better fitment.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I just put the BOLT 7032303 on my Gladiator. Took 20 mins to install and works awesome. The lock learns you ignition key the first time you use it and cannot be changed.
I just finished installing my bolt lock not 5 minutes ago. It's definitely not my favorite modification looks-wise, but i'm sure in time i'll just be blind to it. Lock install itself only took 3 minutes, but i gotta say i probably spent another 30 minutes cutting and grinding the grille insert down as gently as i could with a dremel.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I ended up getting the DV8 and haven’t had any issues yet (knock on wood). I am surprised to see this view of DV8 as everything I’ve read about them elsewhere is that they’re a solid brand.

That said, I have seen recently some people having issues with bumper alignment. I reached out to DV8 on this and they acknowledged some issues and that they’re refreshing some bumpers (such as fs-25) in the coming months for better fitment.
DV8 prior to Covid was good. Covid hit them hard however. QC went down hill on many things

- sliders not lining up
- bumpers not lining up
- finish on any/all products have been subpar in lasting, as well as a not being completely covered in the first place
- Missing hardware (havent heard of this recently which is great).
- Their lights have had issues with water intrusion, faulty bulbs or completely not working.
- returns have been less than stellar/emails and phone calls for some never got replied back to ( I beleive this was fixed late last year/early this year).

Obviously all of these are pains that every company has had to endure during the last few years. These guys have had a really difficult time with it all, more than others. Best wishes for them to get back on track the way they used to be, I genuinely do hate to see good companies hit rough times and not bounce back.

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
DV8 prior to Covid was good. Covid hit them hard however. QC went down hill on many things
Ah interesting. I just got my Jeep in September and am relatively new to the off-road scene. I got the amber grille lights from them which have been solid so far. Hood Locks which also are good so far. Just got the door hinge steps. I’ll post any updates should things change. I like to support these relatively small guys and I’m glad they were honest and admitted things are due for a refresh due to issues with current gen.
Sponsored