Sponsored

Anyone have pictures of rear dash cam mounting solution?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Just curious if anyone has pictures of their rear dash cam mounted in their Gladiator.

I may pull the trigger on one if the overly expensive BlackVues, but would love to see rear camera placement in a Gladiator.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if anyone has pictures of their rear dash cam mounted in their Gladiator.

I may pull the trigger on one if the overly expensive BlackVues, but would love to see rear camera placement in a Gladiator.
::Bump::

I definitely see plenty of posts from people advocating for rear dash cams here, but I can’t seem to find any examples of how the rear channel cameras are being mounted.

Anybody have an example or know where I can see a rear-camera mounting solution in a Gladiator?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rear camera to go with my dash camera, but haven't yet got around to trying to mount them.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Was thinking about installing the BlackVue setup myself, if I do that before anyone replies with pics I’ll follow up here.

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking about installing the BlackVue setup myself, if I do that before anyone replies with pics I’ll follow up here.
I’ve had the truck and camera since November, but still haven’t installed the camera.

The rear cam doesn’t appear to be rated for external mounting, so at this stage I think my most likely solution will be to install the two cameras on either side of the safety package camera on the windshield (forward cam on driver side, rear on passenger).

Sponsored

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had the truck and camera since November, but still haven’t installed the camera.

The rear cam doesn’t appear to be rated for external mounting, so at this stage I think my most likely solution will be to install the two cameras on either side of the safety package camera on the windshield (forward cam on driver side, rear on passenger).
In a Jeep I think they’d all count as external mounted :)

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
I put my rear dash cam on my rear view mirror - I should really check to see that it get's a good shot of the rear.

I usually have my top off, so it's not bad, but haven't really checked with the top on - so my be irrelevant until I check that out.

I went with Morimoto.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a Thinkware U1000, supposed to be here by July 20th. I think I’ll mount it near the ACC box and test the views I get out the back. I wanted something with a good parking mode since doors and roof are always off.

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a Thinkware U1000, supposed to be here by July 20th. I think I’ll mount it near the ACC box and test the views I get out the back. I wanted something with a good parking mode since doors and roof are always off.
I finally opened and installed my Thinkware Q800 Pro.

I used a shorter USB cable for the rear camera, since the included one was like 25’ or something.

I have noticed that the adhesive for the rear camera has been failing in hotter days—leaving the rear cam dangling. I did prep it with an alcohol pad, so I suspect I may either need to swap the adhesive or lightly sand the spot I’m adhering it to.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have pictures of rear dash cam mounting solution? A9C0CD49-EA9F-48EF-BC15-302E02031B7B

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
Can you post a picture of your rear cam view?

I'm trying to decide if I want the rear cam for looking inside the vehicle, or just outside.

Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer

BlackVue does make an external, truck mounted solution: https://blackvue.com/product/dr750s-2ch-truck/

I am considering that, and mounting it to my Ace Upper Decker, if I can find a way to run the wire in safely.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have the Thinkware u1000, mounted both on front window. I didn’t want it on the sound bar as I’ve read it can mess with reception and I like the soft top in the summer or no top, so didn’t want anything in that back that would be coming off some of the time.

I attached a couple views of where they are mounted and a screen shot of the rearview image the camera captures. Hope it helps.

69332855-F735-4007-9DC9-C75CB0402A37.jpeg

64252DFD-2C27-4ED6-9A7C-09ED5CFFF12A.jpeg

D095D02C-186E-4508-BA27-D0E04D51D736.png

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I used a shorter USB cable for the rear camera, since the included one was like 25’ or something.

I have noticed that the adhesive for the rear camera has been failing in hotter days—leaving the rear cam dangling. I did prep it with an alcohol pad, so I suspect I may either need to swap the adhesive or lightly sand the spot I’m adhering it to.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have pictures of rear dash cam mounting solution? D095D02C-186E-4508-BA27-D0E04D51D736
I’ve had the same issue with the rear facing camera, thinking about upgrading the adhesive.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have pictures of rear dash cam mounting solution? D095D02C-186E-4508-BA27-D0E04D51D736
That’s kind of a cool place to mount the rear view. I didn’t really consider doing it on the box, but I bet it has a nice view directly out the back. I do kind of like being able to throw the visor down and not record me in the car all time if I/passengers don’t want it.
Sponsored