Sponsored

Anyone move from a fullsize pickup to a Gladiator and regret it?

Needs a jeep

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 classic.
Love my ram classic quad cab.

Thinking of trading up.

Curious what people who've done something similar have to say?
Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Just to clarify your thinking of trading your ram for a gladiator? If so, does the appeal of being able to take the top off your truck… doors off, and not bothered by having a 5 foot bed, or being able to off-road anywhere with the most beastly truck ever…

If you answered yes then get a gladiator

All jokes aside… I went from having a gmc 2500hd to getting a wrangler missed having a truck bed but didn’t want to trade off having open air freedom… traded for my first gladiator… now I just ordered a new gladiator with max tow and a few other options… I’m sold on gladiator… most versatile truck on market period… so many mods available to make it yours

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I went from a very nice Ram 1500 and am loving the Gladiator. While I do miss the room and the luxury. I wanted top and doors off and fun. I have had to get a little more creative on my kayak packing trips but its actually made me downsize on some stuff that I didn't really need to bring

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I went from a Silverado 2500HD to a Gladiator. Occasionally, I miss the eight foot bed, but I don't regret the purchase. Almost two years now and it has handled my needs quite well. It is also much easier to park and maneuver.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I went from a 2019 ram crew cab to the gladiator. Some things that I miss from the Ram:
1) The hemi, that thing was glorious compared to the anemic pentastar.
2) The interior space. Not just for passengers just for stuffing things even with kids in the back. From a quad cab though probably will be similar.
3) The easy highway cruise. The ram was at home at 80-85 on the highway. The wind didn't blow it around, it didn't wander it just went straight and was damn good at it.

Some things I love about the gladiator:
1) It's a convertible
2) it's a hell of a lot easier to park
3) it's an adult Lego with tons of bolt ons and add-ons
4) it can take 37s stock if it's a Rubicon or mojave
5) It's a lifestyle with events and the camaraderie between jeepers is just awesome
6) it's more fun to drive everywhere except the highway.

Overall I'm extremely happy with my Gladiator. I use the bed to haul wood, golf bags, make dump trips so a 5 foot vs 5'7" bed makes little difference for me. Towing, same thing I'd occasionally tow a 23 foot boat, both can do that no problem. If I needed a big bed routinely, towed more than 5k, or spent all my miles on the highway the gladiator would not be my pick between the 2. But since none of those are true, the gladiator is just way more fun

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
Traded a 2018 Ram Laramie. I would definitely do it again.

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I traded a loaded 2018 Tundra Crew Cab. I still stop and look at my Gladiator everyday and would never go back.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Sold this 2014 2500HD 4x4 Denali because I got the same price I paid in 2016! Beautiful truck with 80,000 miles. Ran great, looked great. Bought it to replace my 2008 Chevy 3500 crew dually 4x4 that burned.

image_zpsxxgfa1s1.jpg

I don't need a big truck anymore. I tow my wakeboard boat maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Other than that, some Home Depot runs. I don't care about the top coming off much. I'm sure I'll use that in summer but mostly I wanted "capable" and smaller. Yeah, before you say it mostly a mall crawler. I don't care. Stealerships couldn't find a max tow or I'd bought a Sport S. This was lightly used. When out of area dealers DID find a max tow they refused to trade. I regret nothing about making the change.

CB2C2C47-9D07-468F-9EC2-5587B21C4D99.jpg

Sponsored

ARKGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th
Previous owner of 4 Ram 2500 crew cab long bed trucks. The newest being a 2016. All had lifts, tires and toys on them.
Wouldn’t go back if they were giving them away. My gladiator is more fun and the oil changes are cheaper!

Hoover104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator willys
Occupation
Ford motor co
I traded up from a 2018 ram classic quad cab to a gladiator willys and haven’t regretted it for a second. It’s smaller, less comfortable, more noisy, and just generally less refined in almost every aspect but it’s a super fun truck. If you enjoy driving a vehicle that gets looks, or enjoy modding/ customizing your truck then you can’t beat the gladiator. There’s a great community surrounding these Jeep’s, and endless fun to be had in them both on and off road. I say go for it!!

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
From an Expedition EL and Ford F-350 Diesel to the gladiator. No regrets as I don’t need to haul a bunch of people anymore, and I don’t haul heavy loads anymore. The Jeep is so maneuverable! No top, no doors just adds to the experience!

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I traded a 2004 4X4 Ram Diesel Quad Cab that I had since new for the Jeep. I had used the Ram to tow a 5th wheel. The 2004 served me well but when I sold the 5th wheel I didn't need the heavy duty truck. I have enjoyed the smaller size and relative sportiness of the Gladiator and I still have a portion of a truck.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I own both:
2020 Gladiator Overland
2020 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab 4x4

Two different trucks with different capacities and features.

That being said…
I drive the Gladiator everyday and only drive the Dodge if I need it. Otherwise, the Dodge is the wife’s truck.
Sponsored