Sponsored

Anyone Running Eibach Shocks or Springs?

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I've done several searches, however haven't come up with much other than a few members stating in posts they have Eibach springs as part of a response, but not much beyond that. I've reached the point where it feels like the Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks I have aren't really what I want and I've never been really thrilled with the ride since I put them on. In truth I'm wondering if just a different shock might be the best solution to try first.

I've dived pretty deep into the shock rabbit hole and what I've pulled out is;
  1. I really don't need to spend $1k plus on shocks. As much as I may want to, I would rather spend that money elsewhere for my setup.
  2. I hit actual trails or rocks maybe once or twice a year at most. On road/highway driving matters the most to me, but would still like a shock that can handle rough roads or when I occasionally take the caliche roads or the rare trail.
  3. I'm concerned Bilstein 5100s are going to be too firm and Fox 2.0s are going to be too soft. The Eibach Pro-Truck shocks seem to be the goldilocks in between from the reviews I've found online and other recommendations.
  4. I've received some really great feedback from friends who run 4Runners and Tacomas and have Eibach setups. Bilsteins are still very popular in that group and they have said Eibach has a lot of the same qualities, but they consider them to overall ride better.
I'm sure there is more I could elaborate on, but I think I've really narrowed down my next shocks will probably be either Bilstein or Eibach. I'm hoping that they pair well with the Rubi springs, as I'm happy with my ride height. I may look at the Eibach 2" springs too especially if I go with their shocks and they are well received by other JT owners. The problem I have found is there just isn't much about Eibach and Jeeps to research. So any feedback from JT owners that have any experience would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

mbbq22

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'd be very curious on this too as I've been looking at a variety of different set ups. I'm looking for only a mild lift as right now I have spacers front and back. Would love to replace my rubi shocks and springs as I find the ride a bit floaty and was always curious about Eibachs setup.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be very curious on this too as I've been looking at a variety of different set ups. I'm looking for only a mild lift as right now I have spacers front and back. Would love to replace my rubi shocks and springs as I find the ride a bit floaty and was always curious about Eibachs setup.
I'm really disappointed in the Rubi Fox shocks to be honest. The shocks seem to have just gotten spongier as time has past (and I'm only at 15k miles!) and going down some uneven highways makes my kids feel sea sick at times with how floaty they are. It's definitely time for a change soon or I may be cleaning up barf in the back on the next road trip.

I'm familiar with Eibach springs reputation and they build quality springs, but they don't have the brand recognition in the Jeep community. They're extremely well received in other groups though, especially the Toyota and Subaru communities that I'm familiar with. So I'm very interested in giving these a try based on their reputation alone, but would be nice if I can find a bit more info before pulling the trigger. I've found a few folks here running the springs and so far it appears to be all very good and they are priced great IMO.

The shocks go for around $130 a piece, just a bit higher than the BIlstein 5100s. The spring sets aren't too bad either at $225 a set. They even have a couple kit options (2"F/1"R and 3"F/2"R) where you can get springs and shocks for around $800 so that may be the way to go if I wanted to do both and save a little bit there too. There just appears to be zero feedback on their Pro-Truck shocks here on any of the other Jeep forums I could find. Too bad Eibach doesn't appear to be a vendor on the forum or I would tag them in the conversation and get some more info. I did reach out to their website to see if I could find their shock's collapsed, extended, and travel lengths as they don't appear to be posted for comparison.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I've had great experience with Eibach springs and coilovers with my cars in the past. I would've went with them, but no offer for the diesel. Their kit for the Gladiator is very reasonable prices. Adding the Mopar longer lca and links for a couple hundreds more and you have a kit similar to the Moper kit.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
I'm really disappointed in the Rubi Fox shocks to be honest. The shocks seem to have just gotten spongier as time has past (and I'm only at 15k miles!) and going down some uneven highways makes my kids feel sea sick at times with how floaty they are. It's definitely time for a change soon or I may be cleaning up barf in the back on the next road trip.

I'm familiar with Eibach springs reputation and they build quality springs, but they don't have the brand recognition in the Jeep community. They're extremely well received in other groups though, especially the Toyota and Subaru communities that I'm familiar with. So I'm very interested in giving these a try based on their reputation alone, but would be nice if I can find a bit more info before pulling the trigger. I've found a few folks here running the springs and so far it appears to be all very good and they are priced great IMO.

The shocks go for around $130 a piece, just a bit higher than the BIlstein 5100s. The spring sets aren't too bad either at $225 a set. They even have a couple kit options (2"F/1"R and 3"F/2"R) where you can get springs and shocks for around $800 so that may be the way to go if I wanted to do both and save a little bit there too. There just appears to be zero feedback on their Pro-Truck shocks here on any of the other Jeep forums I could find. Too bad Eibach doesn't appear to be a vendor on the forum or I would tag them in the conversation and get some more info. I did reach out to their website to see if I could find their shock's collapsed, extended, and travel lengths as they don't appear to be posted for comparison.
This is the reason that Jeep eliminated the fox shocks from the 2023 rubicons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had great experience with Eibach springs and coilovers with my cars in the past. I would've went with them, but no offer for the diesel. Their kit for the Gladiator is very reasonable prices. Adding the Mopar longer lca and links for a couple hundreds more and you have a kit similar to the Moper kit.
That's a great point and actually something worth considering if I go with springs too. The Mopar longer LCAs and links can be picked up from Quadratec or other sites pretty easily for fairly cheap. There's adjustable aftermarkets too, but I honestly would be done at 2" though.

If I do go that route with the springs too, the only thing I'm reluctant about is the spring heights. Their kits level the Jeep with the 2" in the front and the 1" in the rear. I actually don't mind the rake as I use mine as a truck and do haul and tow occasionally. I understand the rear springs are progressive though so it may not squat that bad, plus I already have Sumo Springs bumpstops that I would retain. As an alternative I could buy the springs and shocks separate though and do 2" in the front and the back, but the cost goes up a bit by not buying them as a package.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I have the eibach spring. I paired them with the Bilstein 5100s, mopar lower control arms, synergy front track bar, mopar sway bar links, Metalcloak bumpstops, amd the teraflex rear track bar bracket(I think that’s what it’s called). I love the springs. They hold the weight well and flex well enough for me. Trusted spring brand and they actually provide the coil data. Eibach also make springs for a lot of companies.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
That's a great point and actually something worth considering if I go with springs too. The Mopar longer LCAs and links can be picked up from Quadratec or other sites pretty easily for fairly cheap. There's adjustable aftermarkets too, but I honestly would be done at 2" though.

If I do go that route with the springs too, the only thing I'm reluctant about is the spring heights. Their kits level the Jeep with the 2" in the front and the 1" in the rear. I actually don't mind the rake as I use mine as a truck and do haul and tow occasionally. I understand the rear springs are progressive though so it may not squat that bad, plus I already have Sumo Springs bumpstops that I would retain. As an alternative I could buy the springs and shocks separate though and do 2" in the front and the back, but the cost goes up a bit by not buying them as a package.
My Mopar lift with 1" spacers front still has 1.5" rake.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the reason that Jeep eliminated the fox shocks from the 2023 rubicons.
I've learned they're all show and no go for sure. That's typical for OEM and performance brand partnerships from what I've seen though. You can almost always find and aftermarket counterpart that's better and usually cheaper than what a manufacturer offers.
I have the eibach spring. I paired them with the Bilstein 5100s, mopar lower control arms, synergy front track bar, mopar sway bar links, Metalcloak bumpstops, amd the teraflex rear track bar bracket(I think that’s what it’s called). I love the springs. They hold the weight well and flex well enough for me. Trusted spring brand and they actually provide the coil data. Eibach also make springs for a lot of companies.
I appreciate that feedback, I really like your setup. I actually read your thread on the springs and it really helped me decide that their springs should meet all of my expectations. I'm currently debating if I should just do the shocks first and see if it makes a noticeable difference with the ride, as I'm happy with the current ride height, or if I should do both if they improve the ride beyond the stock Rubi springs.

The shocks are 100% getting changed out regardless, but I'm starting to get swayed to go ahead do both as it sounds like the springs are also a huge improvement to the stock springs. I'm still hoping to find some feedback on the shocks though before I go ahead and buy. My impatience may get the better of me though and this may turn into a review thread in the not so distant future. I know Eibach makes quality products and overall have been really well received by lots of markets so I'm not overly concerned, but it's always nice to have some first hand knowledge.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So you are happy with your ride height, or not? If you’re not overloaded with weight, then it’s pretty easy to keep the springs, and change out the shocks. Not sure if change springs unless you’re looking for more height.

BTW Rusty’s lift kits use Eibach springs..

Sponsored

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you are happy with your ride height, or not? If you’re not overloaded with weight, then it’s pretty easy to keep the springs, and change out the shocks. Not sure if change springs unless you’re looking for more height.

BTW Rusty’s lift kits use Eibach springs..
I’m actually good with the current ride height. My main objective is just seeing if these shocks would improve the ride to what I’m looking for with the Rubicon stock springs. But also if the ride could be improved even further with the Eibach springs, then I would be interested in doing that as well.

From what I’ve seen, the Eibach spring rates are very similar to the stock Rubicon springs, so maybe not really a huge improvement, but the rear are progressive. Obviously if I could buy springs and shocks together I would save a couple hundred vs buying them separately. However if just shocks gets me what I want than I also don't need to look at other parts to realign the geometry and then of course that would also lead to larger tires followed by a regear.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I say go with 37s and new axles :CWL:
Seriously, it sounds like you’d be happy at current height with a good ride. Since there aren’t many alternate options for stock height springs anyway, I think you’d get everything you’re looking for with shock replacement.
Lot of people are happy with firmer ride of digressive shocks like bilstein 5100 or teraflex (some say those are too stiff).
I bought Mojave takeoffs and am waiting for time to put them on.
If you’re looking to spend less, I say go for the 5100s; or, another option with good word of mouth are rancho RS9000XL. They would probably be a good option for you.
@wibornz and others use these and speak highly of road comfort, and you can adjust them!

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those interested Eibach did get back to me and their Pro-Truck Sport shocks for 0-2" lift are as follows.

Front:
Extended: 26.03"
Compressed: 16.35"

Rear
Extended: 26.88"
Compressed: 16.90"

The 2"-4" shocks are

Front:
Extended: 28.06"
Compressed: 17.36"

Rear
Extended: 27.79"
Compressed: 17.41"

Last edited:

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
For those interested Eibach did get back to me and their Pro-Truck Sport shocks for 0-2" lift are as follows.

Front:
Extended: 26.03"
Compressed: 16.35"

Rear
Extended: 26.88"
Compressed: 16.90"
I had the similar kit on my 2018 Colorado with the shocks and springs. I was happy with the setup for about $450. I haven't really considered them for the gladiator as nobody talks about them.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I say go with 37s and new axles :CWL:
Seriously, it sounds like you’d be happy at current height with a good ride. Since there aren’t many alternate options for stock height springs anyway, I think you’d get everything you’re looking for with shock replacement.
Lot of people are happy with firmer ride of digressive shocks like bilstein 5100 or teraflex (some say those are too stiff).
I bought Mojave takeoffs and am waiting for time to put them on.
If you’re looking to spend less, I say go for the 5100s; or, another option with good word of mouth are rancho RS9000XL. They would probably be a good option for you.
@wibornz and others use these and speak highly of road comfort, and you can adjust them!
I spent some serious time looking at both of those. All three are in the same price range actually. The Rancho 9000s are intriguing being adjustable and 2.75", but they are painted, a tri-tube and I've read the adjustable screw is a bit flimsy. The 5100s are a great shock from just about everyone who comments on them, but they are a very firm digressive shock. This is fine for 90% of my driving, but after seeing the reviews of the Eibach vs Bilstein vs Fox, it seems to be the consensus is Eibach is also firm, but maybe a little less than the 5100. They're also digressive, but have bleeder valves early in their travel so giving a slightly more forgiving initial impact at slower speeds. It's really why I was hoping to get some feedback on the Eibachs for our application by comparison. There is plenty to read about the 9000s and the 5100s
Sponsored