Sponsored

Anyone Running Eibach Shocks or Springs?

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I went with these shocks for my Overland with Rubicon springs.

PRO-TRUCK SPORT SHOCK (Single Front for Lifted Suspensions 0-2")
Item #: E60-51-024-02-10

PRO-TRUCK SPORT SHOCK (Single Rear for Lifted Suspensions 0-2")
Item #: E60-51-024-02-01

You can either order them directly from Eibach for $129 each or there are several other vendors that sell Eibach products. Just search those model numbers and you will find other vendors. I ended up searching for the best price and found that buybrakes.com had the best price on them along with a coupon and they just had them drop shipped from Eibach.
Thank you and everyone else for this info! I have had excellent experiences with Eibach springs in sportscars, so I've been really ntrigued by these.

I have been running a crappy Daystar 2" lift kit with my factory fox Rubicon shocks for 3.5 years now (got my JT way back in 2019!). Paired with mopar 2" lift sway bar end links (the Daystar end links are trash garbage, as are their lower control arms) its been a decent budget lift to fit my 37" KO2s and use up the factory Fox shocks. The time has come for an improvement, and my wife is getting nauseous with all the bouncing around, these shocks are worn out! And I'd love to eliminate the Daystar spacers.

So I came into possession of nearly new Mojave Fox 2.5 bypass shocks for an exceptional deal, and want to put together a budget lift around them. I'm leaning towards Teraflex 2" shock extensions to make this happen. Or maybe a Metalcloak 3" shock extension in the front

I'm leaning heavily towards the Eibach 3" front and 2" rear. Maybe 3" all around, maybe 2" all around? The spring rates should pair nicely with the soft ish mojave shocks, and hopefully hold my trucks extra 500lbs of gear better. Im thinking the 3" front kift will actually be around 2.5" with my steel front bumper and 12K winch? Also have a Dometic 55L fridge, a 170lb. Steel RLD canopy, massive rock sliders, plus lots of tools and recovey gear... not to mention my big ass!

I'm so close to pressing the buy it now button, but they're not even in stock right now. Good to know they are available elsewhere, I love a discount!
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thank you and everyone else for this info! I have had excellent experiences with Eibach springs in sportscars, so I've been really ntrigued by these.

I have been running a crappy Daystar 2" lift kit with my factory fox Rubicon shocks for 3.5 years now (got my JT way back in 2019!). Paired with mopar 2" lift sway bar end links (the Daystar end links are trash garbage, as are their lower control arms) its been a decent budget lift to fit my 37" KO2s and use up the factory Fox shocks. The time has come for an improvement, and my wife is getting nauseous with all the bouncing around, these shocks are worn out! And I'd love to eliminate the Daystar spacers.

So I came into possession of nearly new Mojave Fox 2.5 bypass shocks for an exceptional deal, and want to put together a budget lift around them. I'm leaning towards Teraflex 2" shock extensions to make this happen. Or maybe a Metalcloak 3" shock extension in the front

I'm leaning heavily towards the Eibach 3" front and 2" rear. Maybe 3" all around, maybe 2" all around? The spring rates should pair nicely with the soft ish mojave shocks, and hopefully hold my trucks extra 500lbs of gear better. Im thinking the 3" front kift will actually be around 2.5" with my steel front bumper and 12K winch? Also have a Dometic 55L fridge, a 170lb. Steel RLD canopy, massive rock sliders, plus lots of tools and recovey gear... not to mention my big ass!

I'm so close to pressing the buy it now button, but they're not even in stock right now. Good to know they are available elsewhere, I love a discount!
I can’t speak to springs but you’re on the right path. Definitely need shock extensions, likely more spring as your at least as heavy as I am
I just threw on some Mojave takeoffs with my 2” spacer lift.. the OEM rubicon shocks were waaay too floaty and I assumed I would need firmer springs to make up for my extra weight.
Just changing the shocks made a huge difference. I am still planning on changing the springs when I get time, but I would be pretty happy with the ride on road if I just left it.

But, I am riding a little low, and so I don’t plan on leaving it as is.
I believe from other threads there is ~8” of shock travel, and the top ~2 7/8” is firm so the bottom ~4.5” is ride zone, and you’d like to be in the middle of that (closer to the extended length).
Mojave shock swap
Mojave ride zones
Fully extended F: 23.75” and R: 25.75”.
Mine, with 2” spacers, were at 19” and 21”. So I’d still like another inch or two of lift to get a little closer to max extension at ride height.
My AEV spacer kit added 2” bump stops, but I only have ~1” of lift now. So I am shorting myself 1” of bump before I bottom out… only ~1.75” of bump! which is why the wrangler XR people complain.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Running Eibach Shocks or Springs? 7842002F-309D-4FB0-B09A-C1E2E50425A3

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Any other ride reports for the ProTruck shocks? I'm strongly considering these since Bilstein is on national backorder with no ETA.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Any other ride reports for the ProTruck shocks? I'm strongly considering these since Bilstein is on national backorder with no ETA.
Do it! I cannot recommend these shocks enough. I don't have a set of Bilstein handy to provided a side by side comparison, but these completely solved the floaty ride from the Rubi Fox shocks.

I also highly recommend the Mopar 2" lift LCAs for anyone using the Rubi springs as well. Combined with these shocks I feel very little bumps and the handling response has been greatly improved.

amillsap

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
lead mechanical maintenance
I went with rancho rs 9000 made in the usa 125$ per shock and are adjustable thay are just what i was looking for and alot better than my rubi oem fox .I also herd threw the grape vine jeep is not going to use fox any more fox lost their contract

Sponsored

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with rancho rs 9000 made in the usa 125$ per shock and are adjustable thay are just what i was looking for and alot better than my rubi oem fox .I also herd threw the grape vine jeep is not going to use fox any more fox lost their contract
Its been reported that the JTRs are no longer coming with the Fox shocks, but I believe the Mojaves are still. Without those Fox 2.5 remote reservoir shocks would be a loss of a major selling point for the Mojaves, so if the Fox/Jeep relationship is truly over I'm curious to what Jeep plans to replace them with on the Mojave as I have not seen that yet. As far as the Rubi, I can only think them using the red Tenneco produced shocks from the JLR is an improvement for ride quality as the Fox shocks were extremely under dampened. It's disappointing as there was so much to like about them on paper. A 2" aluminum body monotube shock produced by Fox as standard equipment, what's not to like with that? Apparently the street ride was not what to like as reported by many.

I actually looked at the Rancho RS9000 when shock shopping, but there was a few things I didn't like that swayed my decision. Ultimately as much as I liked the idea of an adjustable shock, the plastic adjustable nut didn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings for longevity. Also, a tri-tube shock typically isn't as good as a monotube design in regards to construction, damping force, heat dissipation, fluid aeration, etc. Although the tube diameter of the RS9000s is quite large at 2.75" vs the 2" Eibach monotubes, the RS9000s have a 1.25" piston instead of the 1.81" piston found on the pro-shocks. Finally I preferred the steel zinc coating vs the painted steel shock.

Considering they are both priced basically the same, have the same lifetime warranty, and made in the USA, I went with what I felt was better suited for what I wanted and I honestly don't think I'm missing the ability to adjust the shock with the way these ride. So far I haven't found a situation where I wish the ride was either stiffer or softer. I truthfully haven't really wheeled it or towed yet either though since the install. Those who have the RS9000s though do speak highly of them.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I took advantage of last week’s Eibach sale and ordered 4 of the Pro Truck Sport Shocks on Wednesday for the Rubicon. They came in this afternoon, and I was able to get the front set put on before dark. No off roading yet but I drove 20 miles split evenly between highway and badly wash boarded dirt roads. The ride difference between the Eibachs and the stock Fox 2.0s is amazing. On the highway the Fox shocks always gave me a kind of floating feeling but now the truck feels firmly planted. The Fox shocks weren’t terrible on rough dirt roads, but my first impression is that these Eibachs are a definite improvement over wash board roads too. I ran a bad half mile section at 30mph and nothing bounced off the dash or out of the seat.

The Eibachs are a little over 2” longer than Fox and are much firmer. Installing the first one gave me a little trouble getting both ends in the brackets because of the jack stands and floor jack I had on hand. For the other front shock, I used a small expendable ratchet strap to hold it partially compressed and was able to get it lined up perfectly.

I don’t know how old the jack stands I used are, but my best guess is 30 years or more and that they are starting to exceed the safe end of their usefulness. They are 6 ton stands but are very worn and the upper housing on one is bent. They are also stands without safety pins. One of the stands dropped down through two of the ratcheting teeth before it caught and held. Nothing was damaged but it scared the bejesus out of me when it happen! Tomorrow morning I’m headed to town for a new set of 6 tons and hopefully a 3 ton floor jack that will go up a little higher. My hope is to get the rear two Eibachs put on tomorrow evening.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took advantage of last week’s Eibach sale and ordered 4 of the Pro Truck Sport Shocks on Wednesday for the Rubicon. They came in this afternoon, and I was able to get the front set put on before dark. No off roading yet but I drove 20 miles split evenly between highway and badly wash boarded dirt roads. The ride difference between the Eibachs and the stock Fox 2.0s is amazing. On the highway the Fox shocks always gave me a kind of floating feeling but now the truck feels firmly planted. The Fox shocks weren’t terrible on rough dirt roads, but my first impression is that these Eibachs are a definite improvement over wash board roads too. I ran a bad half mile section at 30mph and nothing bounced off the dash or out of the seat.

The Eibachs are a little over 2” longer than Fox and are much firmer. Installing the first one gave me a little trouble getting both ends in the brackets because of the jack stands and floor jack I had on hand. For the other front shock, I used a small expendable ratchet strap to hold it partially compressed and was able to get it lined up perfectly.

I don’t know how old the jack stands I used are, but my best guess is 30 years or more and that they are starting to exceed the safe end of their usefulness. They are 6 ton stands but are very worn and the upper housing on one is bent. They are also stands without safety pins. One of the stands dropped down through two of the ratcheting teeth before it caught and held. Nothing was damaged but it scared the bejesus out of me when it happen! Tomorrow morning I’m headed to town for a new set of 6 tons and hopefully a 3 ton floor jack that will go up a little higher. My hope is to get the rear two Eibachs put on tomorrow evening.
I'm glad you like them so far. One of the best things I've done IMO is install these shocks. I need to reach out to Eibach and see if I can become a brand ambassador like some brands have.

They are definitely both longer and firmer. I know when I was installing mine, I had to lift the Jeep higher and reset the jack stands after removing the Fox shocks as I needed more clearance to install them as I wasn't able to push them into place like I have with many other shocks over the years. I couldn't compress these at all by hand to line them up with the bolt holes. I needed to keep jacking until it lined up. Because of this the install did take a little longer than I think it otherwise would of.

I'm also glad to hear you're picking up some new jack stands. Never use a jack stand you can't trust.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Don’t get the Fox 2.0s if you don’t like the Rubi takeoffs. I went from factory Rubi to Fox 2.0 and wasn’t happy at all. I also went digressive (Icon 2.5 CDCV) and am much happier with the ride quality overall.

I'm glad you like them so far. One of the best things I've done IMO is install these shocks. I need to reach out to Eibach and see if I can become a brand ambassador like some brands have.

They are definitely both longer and firmer. I know when I was installing mine, I had to lift the Jeep higher and reset the jack stands after removing the Fox shocks as I needed more clearance to install them as I wasn't able to push them into place like I have with many other shocks over the years. I couldn't compress these at all by hand to line them up with the bolt holes. I needed to keep jacking until it lined up. Because of this the install did take a little longer than I think it otherwise would of.

I'm also glad to hear you're picking up some new jack stands. Never use a jack stand you can't trust.
Given that these shocks are longer, do you think there will be any bumpstop extension required in order to not bottom out the shocks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Given that these shocks are longer, do you think there will be any bumpstop extension required in order to not bottom out the shocks?
From what I've read here on the forum, the Rubi Fox shocks extended lengths are 23.875" front and 25.75" rear and have 8" front and 8.25" rear of travel. So fully compressed they would be 15.875" front and 17.50" rear.

The info I posted previously I received from Eibach shows the 0-2" Pro-Truck shocks have about 10" of travel and compressed lengths are 16.35" front and 16.90" rear. So they're actually really close to the stock shocks and I don't think would warrant taller bump stops. The rear Eibach can actually compress more than the Rubi Fox shocks they show.

FWIW though, I am running Sumo Springs front and back instead of the factory bump stops. So I can only speak to my setup.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI there is a 10% off sale on Eibach's site this week. Just ordered a set of shocks at 10% off plus free shipping. Very excited to dump these OEM Rubi shocks.
Also, for anyone considering the products from Eibach, I just looked and the sale is still on and runs through 4/14.

I'm debating on grabbing a matching steering stabilizer. I'm on the fence though as there isn't anything wrong with my stock one at the moment and "if ain't broke" keeps popping into my mind. Right now my setup is perfect at the moment.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Last night I installed the front Eibach pro truck shocks and the rear set this evening and I can verify they are a huge improvement over the stock Fox 2.0s on my 22 Rubicon both on pavement and rough dirt roads. After getting all 4 on I drove 40 highway miles tonight and about 5 on rough dirt roads. My wife, who has never liked the ride in the Gladiator was with me and was amazed at how much better it feels now. I won’t be able to test the off road feel of these for a week or two but I agree with steveorama, this is one of the best things I’ve done to my Gladiator. Last spring I installed a set of the ¼” longer LCAs from the Mopar lift kit for more caster and they made a drastic difference in handling at highway speed. Swapping out the Fox shocks for the Eibachs made at least that much improvement in the ride quality.

As mentioned earilier, Eibach's 10% off sale runs thru the 14th. I ordered mine last Wenesday afternoon and Fedex dropped them off about noon yesterday from California. I paid $464.40 for both sets with free shipping and that is about what I was seeings for the Bilsteins. Before they went on sale direct from Eibach, I was planning to get either these or the Bilstein 5100 from Shock Surplus and had been texting back and forth with them about both shocks. His take was that the Bilstein 5100s are even stiffer than the Eibachs and are great on highway but will beat you up at slow speed over a rough dirt road. He recomended the Eibachs and said while nearly as good on the road as the Bilsteins, these are much better while going slower over rough terrain. The dirt road to my house is almost 3 miles and while the county does grade it every 6 weeks or so, by the time they get back to it, it is wash boarded badly. His recommendation what was pushed me toward the Eibachs over Bilstein 5100s. After driving last night with just the fronts installed and tonight with all four, I am very happy I went with the Eibach pro truck sport shocks.

OP
OP
steveorama

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and just ordered a steering stabilizer as well. Shock Surplus had the same price as Eibach had plus they sent me a $20 coupon to my email this morning so that was enough to push me to buy it. Just under $90 with tax seemed like a fair price since they're normally $114. Now I need to pick up a pre-2021 stabilizer bolt since Jeep made the change to the square neck bolt.
Sponsored