Sponsored

Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier?

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I have an order in for a Clayton 2.5" Overland+ lift kit and some 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires (wheels are TBD). Based on switching from the stock 285/70-17 Wildpeak MTs to the Mickeys and the calculator on this Handy Tire Size Website I am expecting the outside edge of my tires to poke 2.8" more than current.
Stock tires are 11.25 wide and 37 would be 12.5, without looking up actual tire specs that 1.25 inches wider. Half to the inside, half to the outside. That's only 3/4 inch of extra poke.
Now the specs for the new wheels would have an impact on total poke, but you haven't determined your wheels yet.

So I'm not sure how your are coming up with the fact that you'll have 2.8inches more poke.
Sponsored

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Stock tires are 11.25 wide and 37 would be 12.5, without looking up actual tire specs that 1.25 inches wider. Half to the inside, half to the outside. That's only 3/4 inch of extra poke.
Now the specs for the new wheels would have an impact on total poke, but you haven't determined your wheels yet.

So I'm not sure how your are coming up with the fact that you'll have 2.8inches more poke.
I am looking a few wheels that are 0 offset. I redid my numbers and it's 2.3 inches more poke. My eyesight sucks for up close stuff like doing messages on my phone ..... 2.8 was a typo on my part.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I am looking a few wheels that are 0 offset. I redid my numbers and it's 2.3 inches more poke. My eyesight sucks for up close stuff like doing messages on my phone ..... 2.8 was a typo on my part.
Ok, that makes more sense. You already know the wheel specs, just not sure on design. I get you now.

I added Husky Long John Mud Flaps to the front of mine. I'll get another set and add to the rear before long.
Husky Liners Universal Mud Flaps | Long John Flare Flaps 15" Wide - 36" Length - Black | 17049 https://a.co/d/ezHb6jy
20230101_115027.jpg

I installed them so they stick out 1 inch, but could easily mount them out further. They only cover the back half of the flare, not sure if that would help you.

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the DBOR Mojave/Rubicon flares two weeks ago and installed them this week per the instructions on their video. Sanded them with 120 grit blocks and rattle canned them with black sound deadner I ordered off of Amazon. I also ordered a plastic rivet tool and used that for the install. I think it took me a total of 2 hours to install them following an hour of sanding and painting, not including drying time.

Overall, I’m really happy with the product. They are very stout and the plastic rivets hold them tight to the fenders. I hit the car wash quite a bit and I was worried that they wouldn’t hold up against the brushes, but those plastic rivets are surprisingly stout.

The original owner of my Jeep had installed 37” Ridge Grapplers but had also chosen the 13.50” wide versions, which combined with my Icon Rebound Pro’s 4.5” BS and -6mm offset, resulted in a ton of tire poke. I run the Rock Blockz XL mud flaps but they weren’t enough to keep the tires from flinging water, mud, slush all over the sides of the truck.

The DBOR flare extensions have 100% eliminated all my tire poke problems. They line up perfectly with the edges of my tires and prohibit 99.9% of any water or debris from leaving the fenders. Overall I’m 100% satisfied with them. I had been eyeing them for some time but couldn’t justify spending the money when they were $550 plus $200 shipping. As soon as they went on sale I was more OK with spending $550 and giving it a shot. All the extension holes lined up perfectly with the factory rivet holes and as previously stated, they are high quality for sure. Initially I was not keen on having to paint them myself, but the bright side is that I can easily touch them up whenever if needed. If you are considering them. My recommendation would be to find a few others wanting them and do a group buy to save on shipping. I hope this helps, see photos for reference.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? 2736C06C-5DA6-498A-9A72-8092632C8313

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? 81C29E82-D6F4-4F17-ABA7-18DCD87487D0

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? A98E1AE5-8B32-45A9-9B0B-149AB8D531CD

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? E8C0DBED-37E2-4D61-9829-3A68F922B029

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? 40078678-F888-451A-AA43-E25D8E0B5024

Jeep Gladiator Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier? 51D29FCE-5541-4D65-8C98-5378F3DCB3E4

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Very nice, hoping they make an Overland compatible kit someday.

Sponsored

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure what makes the overland flares different from a standard JT flare? I would be tempted to call a dealership and cross reference the part numbers. If they are the same, then I’d just order the standard US spec flares from DBOR. If the only difference is rivet placement, then the worst you’d have to contend with is drilling a few holes. I definitely think they are worth the effort of a little extra investigation. I know you already emailed DBOR, but it’s worth a shot.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
As per communication DBOR, and knowing the difference between Mojave/Rubicon and Overland fenders, the contour is quite different.

Sadly, The DBORs cannot be recontoured to fit.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
The LineX seems like a great option!

amadeus303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HBP JT Overland 6MT, 2023 BW JT Mojave
I ordered the DBOR Mojave/Rubicon flares two weeks ago and installed them this week per the instructions on their video. Sanded them with 120 grit blocks and rattle canned them with black sound deadner I ordered off of Amazon. I also ordered a plastic rivet tool and used that for the install. I think it took me a total of 2 hours to install them following an hour of sanding and painting, not including drying time.

Overall, I’m really happy with the product. They are very stout and the plastic rivets hold them tight to the fenders. I hit the car wash quite a bit and I was worried that they wouldn’t hold up against the brushes, but those plastic rivets are surprisingly stout.

The original owner of my Jeep had installed 37” Ridge Grapplers but had also chosen the 13.50” wide versions, which combined with my Icon Rebound Pro’s 4.5” BS and -6mm offset, resulted in a ton of tire poke. I run the Rock Blockz XL mud flaps but they weren’t enough to keep the tires from flinging water, mud, slush all over the sides of the truck.

The DBOR flare extensions have 100% eliminated all my tire poke problems. They line up perfectly with the edges of my tires and prohibit 99.9% of any water or debris from leaving the fenders. Overall I’m 100% satisfied with them. I had been eyeing them for some time but couldn’t justify spending the money when they were $550 plus $200 shipping. As soon as they went on sale I was more OK with spending $550 and giving it a shot. All the extension holes lined up perfectly with the factory rivet holes and as previously stated, they are high quality for sure. Initially I was not keen on having to paint them myself, but the bright side is that I can easily touch them up whenever if needed. If you are considering them. My recommendation would be to find a few others wanting them and do a group buy to save on shipping. I hope this helps, see photos for reference.

2736C06C-5DA6-498A-9A72-8092632C8313.jpeg

81C29E82-D6F4-4F17-ABA7-18DCD87487D0.jpeg

A98E1AE5-8B32-45A9-9B0B-149AB8D531CD.jpeg

E8C0DBED-37E2-4D61-9829-3A68F922B029.jpeg

40078678-F888-451A-AA43-E25D8E0B5024.jpeg

51D29FCE-5541-4D65-8C98-5378F3DCB3E4.jpeg
@aevgladitorrubi too

I asked the vendor if they can be run "raw" (unpainted), and he said that tons of people actually do it...although he also did stress that it's not difficult to paint yourself, even if you're not necessarily great with a rattlecan.

That's the bucket I fall into, ha...so I just want to ask - having been one of the few that have actually installed them on this forum, do you think they'd hold up if I installed them without painting? It's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on ordering them. I don't mind spending for them as I like them much better than the Mopar ones, but I don't want them to look very worn and weathered in short order.

Sponsored

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
@aevgladitorrubi too

I asked the vendor if they can be run "raw" (unpainted), and he said that tons of people actually do it...although he also did stress that it's not difficult to paint yourself, even if you're not necessarily great with a rattlecan.

That's the bucket I fall into, ha...so I just want to ask - having been one of the few that have actually installed them on this forum, do you think they'd hold up if I installed them without painting? It's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on ordering them. I don't mind spending for them as I like them much better than the Mopar ones, but I don't want them to look very worn and weathered in short order.
I originally sprayed my fender flares with the sound deadner as recommended by DBOR. Over time, they did become weathered with more of a flat black appearance. Whenever I washed my Jeep, I'd hit them with some Slick Products Shine and Protect, which would shine them up for a few weeks, then wear off over time.

A few months ago, I was backing out of my driveway and caught the edge of my passenger side flare on my trash can, which proceeded to crack it. I was mad at the time, but the nice thing about DBOR is that they are fiberglass and can be repaired. I pulled all of my fender flare extensions and had the damaged one repaired by a co-worker who used to do Corvette body work. When the flare was repaired, I cleaned and scuffed all of the flares and re-painted them with sound deadner. Once they cured, I took the additional step of spraying them with Krylon Fusion in semi-gloss black.

I am happy to report that the Krylon Fusion has maintained it's shine through several months of winter weather and road salt. I am a complete novice when it comes to painting anything, and the flares were super simple to prep and paint. I wouldn't shy away from the purchase because they come as raw fiberglass. I would highly recommend the Amazon sound deadner paired with Krylon Fusion as the final finish. I hope this helps!

amadeus303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I originally sprayed my fender flares with the sound deadner as recommended by DBOR. Over time, they did become weathered with more of a flat black appearance. Whenever I washed my Jeep, I'd hit them with some Slick Products Shine and Protect, which would shine them up for a few weeks, then wear off over time.

A few months ago, I was backing out of my driveway and caught the edge of my passenger side flare on my trash can, which proceeded to crack it. I was mad at the time, but the nice thing about DBOR is that they are fiberglass and can be repaired. I pulled all of my fender flare extensions and had the damaged one repaired by a co-worker who used to do Corvette body work. When the flare was repaired, I cleaned and scuffed all of the flares and re-painted them with sound deadner. Once they cured, I took the additional step of spraying them with Krylon Fusion in semi-gloss black.

I am happy to report that the Krylon Fusion has maintained it's shine through several months of winter weather and road salt. I am a complete novice when it comes to painting anything, and the flares were super simple to prep and paint. I wouldn't shy away from the purchase because they come as raw fiberglass. I would highly recommend the Amazon sound deadner paired with Krylon Fusion as the final finish. I hope this helps!
This makes me feel a heck of a lot better pulling the trigger. Thanks!

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
This makes me feel a heck of a lot better pulling the trigger. Thanks!
Added a few photos of the finished product with Krylon Fusion. The sound deadner has a bit more of a textured finish than the factory plastic, but it doesn’t really bother me. I suppose if you want a smoother finish, skip the sound deadner and just use the Krylon. The only nice thing about sound deadner is that I’ve taken quite a few flying rock impacts and it camouflaged the damage nicely.

IMG_5332.jpeg

IMG_5333.jpeg

IMG_5331.jpeg

amadeus303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good...closer to a LinerX finish.

Placed the order. Wondering how long it'll take to get here. Looking forward to not having schmutz caked all over the sides of the truck all the time, ha.
Sponsored