Sponsored

Anyone take advantage of the wild resale values?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Wow, that’s rude.
I always thought the Tahoe was a cool SUV.
It is a cool vehicle but that type of vehicle is all these mom's drive around here. Maybe not the RST model but then again they might. They don't drive van's to much anymore around where I am at. Its all high end SUV's, etc.
Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
“Taking advantge of the wild resale values” is EXACTLY what got me into my 2020 JT Rubicon.

I sold the 2014 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali I bought used in 2016 for $46,000 for the exact same dollars but 20,000 more miles on it.

Got my fully optioned, but totally stock Stingrey JTR with only 15,000 miles on it in July of this year. I don’t intend to modify it so expenditures are done other than maintenance.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Definitely lots of incentive out there depending on your situation. This holds true for many folks who maybe didn't get their vehicle exactly how they wanted it to get a do over. I love my JT and the mods I've done and really don't see any advantage with starting over. I have the truck I want with the mods I want. Thats what it's all about for me.

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have a deposit on a rivian… I’m hoping the market is still crazy whenever that actually is ready

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I'm on the wrong end of the wild resale values. Had to buy 2 work vans recently. Paid $3000 more each for 2-2019 vans with 20000 miles than I did for a brand new 2020 van I bought last year.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
My experience. Sorry for the long read. Hopefully it saves someone some serious frustration.

I was all set to sell my 2021 Nacho Willys to carbuyerusa and pick up a Gecko max tow that I ordered. I've come to the conclusion now if it sounds to good to be true it is.

I went through all of the buying companies. My original MSRP was $49725 and my price before t&t was $44220. I had 8500 miles.

Vroom: $47317
Carbuyerusa: $46272
Carmax: $44000
Trade: $43000
Carvana: $36000

Carbuyerusa contacted me and was willing to match Vroom's offer. I was a little more comfortable with them because they come to you to do the inspection. After that your are paid before they pick the vehicle up.

Started the process and set up inspection. In the meantime they needed a buyout letter from the bank. I was having a hard time getting that so I rescheduled the inspection a few days out until I got that part handled.

I spent the day before the inspection stripping all of my aftermarket parts. I will add I just had hand surgery so have pretty much no use of my left hand. So this was a struggle to say the least. Had to have a friend stop by to help. They were fully aware of my situation and told them I didn't want to do all of that work for nothing. They assured me as long as the inspection went fine nothing would change.

Inspection day came and all was fine. A few hours later a manager contacted me to proceed. But he said that due to market changes they couldn't honor their original offer of matching Vroom. But they would do their first offer of $46272. Was not happy but I already invested the time and struggle stripping the parts. So I agreed. Manager said they would send over a buyers order and to expect a notary call. Heard nothing all day or the next day. Which was a Friday.

Monday rolls around and I decided to call. He said there must have been some lack of communication and he would get me on the notary schedule and send over the buyers order. An hour later he calls and said that due to some banks taking a while to issue titles that they might not be able to do the deal. They couldn't risk having to wait to sell. I'm boiling at this point. Asked when he would know something and he said he would call back in an hour and a half. Six hours go by and nothing. The whole next day goes by and still nothing. Finally called around 5:30 and yup they weren't doing the deal. He was ghosting me. And then tried to blame someone else for not letting me know.

So I wasted all of that time stripping parts. And couldn't even drive it for the whole time because I couldn't add any miles. If they had laid any of these possible variables out to me in advance I would have never even started the process. Apparently if they are having trouble getting titles they already knew.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Traded in my 2021 Mojave a few days ago. Paid $48k, MSRP $53.5k, got $54k for it. Ended up leasing a Volvo and the dealer cut me a check for $12k. I’m contemplating ordering a base JL 2dr now.
Interesting. But probably more to this deal than you have disclosed.
Did you owe money on the Mojave?
What is your buyout on the Volvo?
Which model did you lease?
I own an XC40 and quite the little technology laden ride.
The biggest complaint I have on the Volvo is the remote start.
No fob buttons, have to use my phone AND after 4 years I have to pay a subscription price of $80 (current rate) a year to use it.😤

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I don’t think this is as good as everyone thinks it is, unless you are pocketing cash. Here’s why.

You may be getting a ton more for your trade than you were, but your also paying a ton when you go to buy another one.

The prices on all these vehicles are absolutely insane now. 45-50k for vehicles with 70k miles on them. I saw a new bronco at a dealer for 90k. 90…k.

I saw a blue power wagon for 46k that has 72,000 miles on it.

so really, I don’t think it’s much different. Now if the buyers market wasn’t marked up as much as it is now, then I might agree, but they still have to sell all these vehicles they are buying for more than they bought them for.

just my opinion.
People doing this aren’t buying used.

Buying new is your best chance at making this work.

Sponsored

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
I got my slightly used JT Sport S 3 or 4 months ago. For fun, I checked to see what the trade in value would be at CarMax. They offered $2k more than I paid for it.

I am not getting rid of it, just nice to know.

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
The market in my area is still super hot for jeeps. Toying around I called a few dealers and can get close to 55k trade in for my Mojave. Almost makes me want to custom order one with all the bells and whistles and break even on a trade.

Anyone have any recent success stories?
Where in NY?

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
Insane vehicle values are how I got my Gladiator! In what world is a 5 year old Cherokee Latitude worth 2/3 of it’s sticker price, when I didn’t pay sticker price on the Cherokee anyway… wild. But we totally took advantage, I cannot believe it happened and now the only thing I miss is the MPG. And lower car payment. :)

NC4stroker

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Jeep GC L, 2020 Ram 3500 DRW
Occupation
Optometrist
I bought my Jeep Trackhawk at the end of my lease. Sold it for 25K over my end of lease purchase price. All in all I drove the TH for 38K miles and had it for 3.5 years, and it cost me only 3K after factoring in my resale!

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2023 Wrangler
I listed my Mojave earlier this week. I'll give it 30 days. If it sells I will order one exactly how I want it. If it doesn't, I will start doing mods on this one.

Mine is a 2020, fully loaded Mojave with steel grey leather and 5400 miles.

KBB gave a value of $60,486 - $65,937. Carvana offered $48,000 and some change and KBB instant case offer was $49,860.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone take advantage of the wild resale values? 7D73FCAA-1334-4C5C-884B-D3F2DEF7D032

Jeep Gladiator Anyone take advantage of the wild resale values? 26C69D61-0E80-445C-9837-E2E7F7F88522
Sponsored