Sponsored

Anyone take advantage of the wild resale values?

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
The market in my area is still super hot for jeeps. Toying around I called a few dealers and can get close to 55k trade in for my Mojave. Almost makes me want to custom order one with all the bells and whistles and break even on a trade.

Anyone have any recent success stories?
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
The market in my area is still super hot for jeeps. Toying around I called a few dealers and can get close to 55k trade in for my Mojave. Almost makes me want to custom order one with all the bells and whistles and break even on a trade.

I’ve had the very same thoughts.

OP
OP
f33d

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I put mine up for sale for the heck of it. I love my JT though so either way I'm a winner.
I built out a model and can get a fully loaded Mojave with just about every feature for the trade in prices. My current build only has the premium soft top and cold weather package. Almost seems like I’d be a fool not to.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I've toyed with the idea, but won't likely pull the trigger on a trade in/up for a new one.
I really like my JT with all the mods I've done so far.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I built out a model and can get a fully loaded Mojave with just about every feature for the trade in prices. My current build only has the premium soft top and cold weather package. Almost seems like I’d be a fool not to.
If you can do it why not? I sunk too much aftermarket into mine to trade it in so I'm just casting my poll out into the private sale waters and see if I get any bites.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I sold my '20 ZR2 Bison diesel back toward the beginning of summer. It was guzzling oil intermittently, and GM said they weren't going to do anything about it. Additionally, we had three cars and were suddenly both working from home and barely able to drive any of them enough to keep tires inflated and batteries charged. Add the market conditions to the mix, and we're down to just the wife's JKUR. I was going to buy a '22 JTR, but then it was a wet thud. So instead, I'm going to get a relatively inexpensive track toy now, and see what '23 brings.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Higher Ed
I would flip tomorrow if Gecko was still orderable. Its presence in the fleet guide while not being available for order is the great Jeep mystery of 2021 for me.

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist

just for reference, what was your msrp and current mileage?

vroom sent me a offer of 57k for mine with 10k miles. Msrp Was 60k.

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I want to do this and priced out a loaded diesel rubicon. My issue is that I sold my aftermarket stuff so I’d need a little bit of a leap of faith. I’d need to order the new one, then swap all my parts over with my current, then sell my current one with rubicon takeoffs. This plan would certainly stress out my very financially conservative and conscientious wife. Plus side is I paid $5k under MSRP for my loaded overland and I now have 8k miles on it so there’s still some good value there.

MSRP was $55k, I paid $50k and Vroom offer was $48k. Good obviously, but not good enough to make me jump at paying the $56k for a 2022

OP
OP
f33d

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer

MSRP $50,000 Mileage 1,000

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just out of curiosity I got an offer from Vroom on mine. $48,461. That's almost to the penny what I owe on it, and I just got the truck 5 months ago.

I've never seen anything like this in my life. Very crazy times, and I have a bad feeling it's not going to end well.

t-bot

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD; '15 BMW K1300S

Have you checked Carvana? I recently got an offer on my 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK as I was looking for something to take to dealership to get trade-in value on a Gladiator. I bought it used in 2017 with 18k miles and just sold it to Carvana with 29k miles for $38k (about 12% more than I paid for it).

The process was very easy.

OP
OP
f33d

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Have you checked Carvana? I recently got an offer on my 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK as I was looking for something to take to dealership to get trade-in value on a Gladiator. I bought it used in 2017 with 18k miles and just sold it to Carvana with 29k miles for $38k (about 12% more than I paid for it).

The process was very easy.
I generally cross shop for prices KBB, Carmax, Carvana and vroom. Most dealers will match Carmax around me mostly and you roll over that savings into the new truck. Def thinking about it even though Im actually happy with my current model. Don't NEED the features but if I can have em, why not?
Sponsored