Sponsored

Apple CarPlay issue fixed with most recent iOS 15.2.1?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The one thing I wanted to try but never got around to was a powered USB hub. I would've had to use house power and an extension cord but I was wondering if I used a powered USB hub in the center console, would it work. This was just a bonkers experiment I had in mind but it could prove it is a power issue with the center console USB.
Now that this thread has been resurrected…

Using a USB hub won’t work with CarPlay. It has to do with how CarPlay is implemented. I have verified this.

Kevin
Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
My wireless carplay adapter worked in the glovebox for 2 years. All of the sudden it started disconnecting within 10 min and it didn't matter if it was in the glove box or connected to the media port. I assumed it was the adapter so I ordered a new one from Amazon and chose a different model that worked with other Wranglers apparently. That one did the exact same thing. I followed everyone's tips and tricks, tried high end cables, the USB adapters and everything. Carplay works fine on either USB port when my phone is plugged in directly. But something about the wireless adapters and freezing up every 5-10 minutes...... Jeep must have done some sort of over the air update or something that started this issue for me.

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
My wireless carplay adapter worked in the glovebox for 2 years. All of the sudden it started disconnecting within 10 min and it didn't matter if it was in the glove box or connected to the media port. I assumed it was the adapter so I ordered a new one from Amazon and chose a different model that worked with other Wranglers apparently. That one did the exact same thing. I followed everyone's tips and tricks, tried high end cables, the USB adapters and everything. Carplay works fine on either USB port when my phone is plugged in directly. But something about the wireless adapters and freezing up every 5-10 minutes...... Jeep must have done some sort of over the air update or something that started this issue for me.
Just a quick update.....I tried new cables, USB A to C adapters, new cables and nothing worked with the first 2 wireless adapters I used. Both of them would disconnect right around the 10 minute mark. I read an article online about a wireless adapter called Ottocast that connected really quick and worked with Jeeps. I ordered one from Amazon knowing that I could return it and didn't expect much. Plugged it in to the USB in the console, connected to it and it works flawlessly. It hasn't connected for the last 2 weeks and it connects in about 5 seconds which is much quicker than the last two. I can't guarantee it will work for everyone but is solved all of my issues and I have wireless Carplay back! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q65SX47?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Just a quick update.....I tried new cables, USB A to C adapters, new cables and nothing worked with the first 2 wireless adapters I used. Both of them would disconnect right around the 10 minute mark. I read an article online about a wireless adapter called Ottocast that connected really quick and worked with Jeeps. I ordered one from Amazon knowing that I could return it and didn't expect much. Plugged it in to the USB in the console, connected to it and it works flawlessly. It hasn't connected for the last 2 weeks and it connects in about 5 seconds which is much quicker than the last two. I can't guarantee it will work for everyone but is solved all of my issues and I have wireless Carplay back! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q65SX47?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
what's the difference between the U2-AIR and U2-X Pro versions?

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I really don't know the difference. I just ordered the cheaper of the 2 hoping that it would work and it did!
interesting, I hadn't really thought about wireless Airplay since I mostly listen to my radio but this device w/ the $30 off coupon makes it intriguing

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So I had the original Carlinkit that worked in my '21 about 98% of the time after the fix I posted.
Fast forward to today, I have a '23 and an iPhone 14 Pro that wouldn't go 2 miles without a reboot! It would work OK in the dash but my OCD wouldn't allow it.

I was about to set it on fire and even tried going a week without it and just using Bluetooth, which was surprisingly nice with the UConnect.

Since the Carlinkit was a couple of years old (that's 20 in consumer electronics years), I thought that maybe they had an updated version so off to Amazon I go... Seems like there were a LOT more options than when I first searched and stumbled across the Ottocast that seemed to have some pretty good reviews. Hail Mary to give it a shot.

I' m on week two of this device being plugged into my console. No reboots and startup times are at least 2x of what the Carlinkit one was! Very happy so far!

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I checked the Waze help page, seems to be more than Jeep. In my previous vehicle with an aftermarket head unit it did it. Extremely frustrating.
Several months later and there is no fix so far. Waze hangs up not only in my Gladiator but also in my wife's 21 Tahoe. You have to disconnect and reconnect just to get it to reset itself. Still very frustrating, if it wasn't for the alerts and speedometer info, I would just use google maps.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks.
I tried a CarplayKit 4 in my JLUR '22. It crashed every trip; no patience left. Returned it to amazon.ca The manufacturer said it was because I had devices connect to my iPhone 10SE using bluetooth & wifi.
I'm really interested in finding a device that works.

DaveL
Toronto

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Wish Apple would fix the issue so that the center console plug would work again. 🤬

Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wish Apple would fix the issue so that the center console plug would work again. 🤬
I don’t think it’s an Apple issue. I think it’s a Jeep issue.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
This thread is crazy to me. We all paid $60,000 for a Jeep... you really want the USB ports to work as advertised too?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Thanks.
I tried a CarplayKit 4 in my JLUR '22. It crashed every trip; no patience left. Returned it to amazon.ca The manufacturer said it was because I had devices connect to my iPhone 10SE using bluetooth & wifi.
I'm really interested in finding a device that works.

DaveL
Toronto
I've been using this for over a year now, in the console without any issues.

E7B5D754-BC96-47E9-A9F6-AF57F4C46294.jpeg

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've been using this for over a year now, in the console without any issues.

Jeep Gladiator Apple CarPlay issue fixed with most recent iOS 15.2.1? E7B5D754-BC96-47E9-A9F6-AF57F4C46294
did you have issues in center console before you started using that device?