April 2020 rebate???

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Well, I got one...glad I did ..it is a great product...especially in Florida. I will see if I get my $200 or not, I ordered before the switch...however my rebate form was mailed in on the exact date they cut the rebate....so who knows. I will be upset.

That said, I tend to agree they are overpriced....but then again while I have used alot of Bestop products they have always felt overpriced to me. They must have a pretty good profit margin on their stuff. I mean look at the price of the fabric doors w/uppers. Kinda nuts for what they are.

Also, not entirely sure what to think of their reluctance to market new products for JL/JT...like retractable sunshade, Core doors, etc. I guess 10+ years worth of JKs and older keeps them going.
You already received it? I was told they are on backorder.
Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Finally received mine .... installed last night and I think it's great. Well worth the money IMO. My initial impression is that it is a well made product.

Bestop did seem a bit disorganized ... I never received a shipping confirmation after I was contacted for "verification" ... and it required three phone calls to get it moving. I get a sense that they might be working remotely, which can create a disconnect internally.... if that being the case.

Would I buy again ... yep. Any rebate will be icing on the cake.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Finally received mine .... installed last night and I think it's great. Well worth the money IMO. My initial impression is that it is a well made product.

Bestop did seem a bit disorganized ... I never received a shipping confirmation after I was contacted for "verification" ... and it required three phone calls to get it moving. I get a sense that they might be working remotely, which can create a disconnect internally.... if that being the case.

Would I buy again ... yep. Any rebate will be icing on the cake.
I'm glad you're happy with the product. Sorry for any sense of disorganization. You are correct, we are working remotely and it comes with challenges for sure.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Bestop team,
Any chance you can assist with an earlier ship date?
I ordered one April 22nd through Northridge4X4. They informed me yesterday that the top was on back order and would not ship until Mid June from Bestop. Any help would be most appreciated.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop team,
Any chance you can assist with an earlier ship date?
I ordered one April 22nd through Northridge4X4. They informed me yesterday that the top was on back order and would not ship until Mid June from Bestop. Any help would be most appreciated.
I'm sorry, Kevin, but in this scenario there is nothing I can do to speed up your ship date.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully understand Lee and appreciate your efforts.

The April Big One $200 rebate needs to be submitted by 5/30/2020 and requires the Box UPC code to submit with the paperwork. Since the top is not shipping until after the 5/30 deadline, what do I need to do to be able to take advantage of the rebate? Are you providing extensions or written assurances?
Thanks, Kevin

Attachments

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Fully understand Lee and appreciate your efforts.

The April Big One $200 rebate needs to be submitted by 5/30/2020 and requires the Box UPC code to submit with the paperwork. Since the top is not shipping until after the 5/30 deadline, what do I need to do to be able to take advantage of the rebate? Are you providing extensions or written assurances?
Thanks, Kevin
Hey Kevin,
Great question. Thanks for asking.
We are aware that this is going to be a situation for several people. First off, thank you for being patient while we get your product to you. Second, we will absolutely make arrangements for people in this situation but I need to ask that you contact our Customer Service team and coordinate with them. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
With rebate changes, pandemic, shipping delays, manufacturing delays, original UPC issues, etc. problems will occasionally happen. I've been working with Bestop Customer Service to straighten out a rebate for the twill Sunrider I bought at the end of last February.

Please be patient and polite with them and it should go smoother for everyone. In my experience the CS team has very responsive via email, no hold times on the phone, and seem very reasonable. CS isn't an easy job.

Great product.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Received letter in the mail from Bestop....was hoping it was my rebate check....but instead a letter indicating I had not provided the sails receipt....which I did....along with UPC symbol. I went ahead and printed another copy of the receipt from Quadratec and sent it back. I hope they are not trying to pull something....if they do this again I am going to be upset.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I ordered mine on Feb 28 and still no rebate, coming up on 4 months.

--
Edit/update 7/16: Clarification - I ordered 2/28 but did not mail the rebate form until 3/30, so it's more like coming up on 3 months.
--

Numerous calls and promises that this happens all the time and every indication that it would work out. Initially I didn't include the original UPC from the box because by the time I read the rebate form and requirements, the box had been recycled, but I sent a high res detailed photo of it (including UPC label) which I happened to have taken before getting rid of the box.

Finally got a prompt response from a very kind customer service rep at @Bestop who ended up overriding the (third party rebate company's) rejection and I was advised to check back in a week or so on the status. Tomorrow it will be one month since then. Sent an email to the rep 3 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

As I said before, this stuff can be frustrating but patience and politeness goes a long way; these people are basically on the receiving end of the "complaint department" - nobody's calling them to say hey thanks for doing a great job today.

That said, while I've been over the top patient and kind, my patience is wearing awfully thin and when I paid good money for the top back when the snow was still falling, I had no idea the $100 that I basically loaned would still be on someone else's books in 75 degree sunny summer.

And that said, as far as the product goes, I still love it and highly recommend it.

@Bestop, please, please, is there anything you can do to help move things along?

Last edited:

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I ordered mine on Feb 28 and still no rebate, coming up on 4 months. Numerous calls and promises that this happens all the time and every indication that it would work out. Initially I didn't include the original UPC from the box because by the time I read the rebate form and requirements, the box had been recycled, but I sent a high res detailed photo of it (including UPC label) which I happened to have taken before getting rid of the box.

Finally got a prompt response from a very kind customer service rep at @Bestop who ended up overriding the (third party rebate company's) rejection and I was advised to check back in a week or so on the status. Tomorrow it will be one month since then. Sent an email to the rep 3 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

As I said before, this stuff can be frustrating but patience and politeness goes a long way; these people are basically on the receiving end of the "complaint department" - nobody's calling them to say hey thanks for doing a great job today.

That said, while I've been over the top patient and kind, my patience is wearing awfully thin and when I paid good money for the top back when the snow was still falling, I had no idea the $100 that I basically loaned would still be on someone else's books in 75 degree sunny summer.

And that said, as far as the product goes, I still love it and highly recommend it.

@Bestop, please, please, is there anything you can do to help move things along?
Yeah...that is a long time for this to have been taken care of.

I sent my rebate form in on 4/10/2020. Took months for them to send me a letter that I had not included sales receipt...which I did....but I was not in mood to wait god knows how long on a phone to argue the matter so I sent them another copy of the receipt from Quadratec. So I am expecting at least another 2 mo before next "update". Its a good thing I really like the product or this would probably have frustrated me more.

OP
OP
sass JT

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Sorry to hear you guys having issues... I got my rebate on Monday. Please open your own thread if you want bestop to respond to you.
Sponsored