Sponsored

ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers?

cwilliamson

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I am waiting for my ARE Top to come in. I have read that due to the weight you may need to get taller rear springs or some spring spacers to adjust for the weight.

Anyone with an ARE top have to do this?
Sponsored

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
I am waiting for my ARE Top to come in. I have read that due to the weight you may need to get taller rear springs or some spring spacers to adjust for the wait. Anyone with an ARE top have to do this?
Not me. My truck still has its somewhat endearing stinkbug stance after getting the top on.

20220821_191809.jpg

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on how much weight you are going to add, and how you want it to look. My Overland now sits level with no rake. I added a RSI cap with a rack and table, which weighs 250 pounds, and carry a bunch of stuff in the bed and back seat. I found a set of Max Tow springs that I plan to put on the rear.

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
How long did your cap take to come in after ordering?
They said 12 weeks. I called at 10 weeks to make sure they did not forget me and they told me two more weeks. And at 12 weeks it showed up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cwilliamson

cwilliamson

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
They said 12 weeks. I called at 10 weeks to make sure they did not forget me and they told me two more weeks. And at 12 weeks it showed up.
🙁 I was hoping it wouldn’t take that long they told me up to 16 weeks

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
I don't notice a change in stance but I do notice a little more sideways rocking when going over the driveway curb on an angle. Stiffer shocks may be called for.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I'm running a RC 3.5" lift and have an ARE topper- mine sits level.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I had a little squat butt, when i ran my cap and my crap in the back and more squat when fully loaded for camping. I was running rock krawler 3" springs front and back. I have since swapped the rear springs for rock krawler 4.5" rear springs and it now has a little rake with a mild load and levels out fully packed.

My recommendation is if you are running a cap and plan to have fair load in the back often add 1.5" inches to the back either through spacers or taller springs.

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I am waiting for my ARE Top to come in. I have read that due to the weight you may need to get taller rear springs or some spring spacers to adjust for the wait. Anyone with an ARE top have to do this?
I don't think you will need to change anything for just the weight of the topper. I have an aluminum contractor topper and didn't have any notable rear height change. Possibly an inch or so? I estimate the topper at about 170 pounds or so because of the doors. The truck does have a 2 inch spacer lift.

Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? IMG_4965.JPG

Sponsored

Jade330i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator / 2016 Sahara / 1974 CJ5
Fox lift on mine and my rig sits level...no issues. Still allows me to haul whatever I need and keep stuff locked up and out of the elements. Picked mine up second-hand for $1,900 about a year ago.

I love this cap!

thumbnail_IMG_2157.jpg

Gladiator_4.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2268.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people here piss and moan about the RAKE.
Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? 1663609879187

Which I never got. Its a pickup truck. Its supposed to have rake.

My truck is about level now with the cap.

OP
OP
cwilliamson

cwilliamson

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Fox lift on mine and my rig sits level...no issues. Still allows me to haul whatever I need and keep stuff locked up and out of the elements. Picked mine up second-hand for $1,900 about a year ago.

I love this cap!

Jeep Gladiator ARE Bed Cap Topper weight requires upgrading to taller rear springs / spring spacers? 1663609879187

Looks good can’t wait to get mine

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Decked system and the canopy…. Sits fine- squats when it has a small trailer with weight….

more irritating than any “potential”rear lift height- factory springs/ shocks are way too soft with just the canopy and decked system…. Highway speeds the rear pogo’s and bucks in the direction of the track bar… dangerously?? No not at all…. But it sure is annoying. Personally can’t wait to get the suspension redone to fix this nonsense.. heaven for bud it’s even remotely used as a “truck”.

8D027201-1F75-4F36-AA6E-E36EAD5AF503.jpeg

Rick_Jame55

First Name
Rickel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
QA Inspector
I am waiting for my ARE Top to come in. I have read that due to the weight you may need to get taller rear springs or some spring spacers to adjust for the weight.

Anyone with an ARE top have to do this?
I did not have to add anything due to the camper top. But I will add that I have the MOPAR 2" lift. But nothing other than that.
Sponsored