First Name
Buff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
But wasn't that one of the reasons you bought a Jeep? So you can be in the wave clique. That deep rooted urge to belong to something, anything! Waaaa why don't they wave at me? Waaaaa I'm one of you! Waaaaa! Mommmyyyy! Bad people don't wave!

I'm one of those bad people. I don't wave. Run along and play with the others now.
Sponsored

Raton Pass

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I get a wave about 70% of the time but don’t get butt hurt when no return wave is offered.

That said I had my dog jacking with me on a twisty road and did not return the wave fast enough.

The four fingers were reduced to one.

Freedom of expression is no big deal to me.

Last edited:

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
It may have to do with more people owning Jeeps, so now the chance of running into an asshat is greater.
I can remember just 10 years ago, I could take a 2 hour road trip and only see 1 maybe 2 other Jeeps to even wave at. Now I drive 2 miles and see 4!
At my work 10 years ago, I had the only Jeep in the parking lot. Now there are 11. (And the odds of one of them being an asshat are extremely high lol)

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
I don’t wave at JKs because they’re trash

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
But wasn't that one of the reasons you bought a Jeep? So you can be in the wave clique. That deep rooted urge to belong to something, anything! Waaaa why don't they wave at me? Waaaaa I'm one of you! Waaaaa! Mommmyyyy! Bad people don't wave!

I'm one of those bad people. I don't wave. Run along and play with the others now.
You are on a Jeep social network, and somehow don't think that's part of the Jeep "clique"? You realize that your very participation on this forum means puts you in that same "clique" you're chastising others about? If you don't want to wave, don't. But there's no reason to give the finger, which is what this thread is about.

Sponsored

Awhitebuff

First Name
Buff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I agree that the finger is unnecessary. I am on this forum for the exchange of information not because of a need to belong. I still feel it is ridiculous how people post about being offended that others do not wave for whatever reason. That was also conveyed in this thread. And that was what my comment was about.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk’s aren’t real Jeep’s either, says a former owner of a TJ
TJs aren't real jeeps either. Says a CJ7 owner.

And so on. and so on and so on.

Though everyone agrees on the YJ. Ha.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJs aren't real jeeps either. Says a CJ7 owner.

And so on. and so on and so on.

Though everyone agrees on the YJ. Ha.
We had a TJ, and when JKs came out, I said they weren't real jeeps. Same with the 4 door models. Then JLs came out, and I thought they were too pretty to be real jeeps. Now we have a JK Unlimited and at JT (JL's close cousin). I've gotten soft.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I do wave at other Jeep’s because I hate being rude
We had a TJ, and when JKs came out, I said they weren't real jeeps. Same with the 4 door models. Then JLs came out, and I thought they were too pretty to be real jeeps. Now we have a JK Unlimited and at JT (JL's close cousin). I've gotten soft.
This isn’t directed at you personally but more of in the general sense: Who gives a shit? Seriously, I just don't get it…

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This isn’t directed at you personally but more of in the general sense: Who gives a shit? Seriously, I just don't get it…
I don't. Just my observation: I've had all of them starting at the TJ, and even a compass. Whenever a new one comes out, the community always says it's not a real Jeep. Then everyone gets used to it, and as the pool of old ones dries up and they become rare, everyone gets over the original feeling and starts to accept the new kids on the block. every 10 years or so when a new generation comes out, lather, rinse, repeat. We used to say automatic jeeps weren't real jeeps back in the TJ days. Or it wasn't a real jeep if it had Air Conditioning. Meanwhile, the CJ and YJ guys were saying my coil spring TJ wasn't a jeep. It's silly now, of course.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I don't. Just my observation: I've had all of them starting at the TJ, and even a compass. Whenever a new one comes out, the community always says it's not a real Jeep. Then everyone gets used to it, and as the pool of old ones dries up and they become rare, everyone gets over the original feeling and starts to accept the new kids on the block. every 10 years or so when a new generation comes out, lather, rinse, repeat. We used to say automatic jeeps weren't real jeeps back in the TJ days. Or it wasn't a real jeep if it had Air Conditioning. Meanwhile, the CJ and YJ guys were saying my coil spring TJ wasn't a jeep. It's silly now, of course.
It is silly and I guess I’m just having a hard time reconciling the fact that people actually care about this…

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.

America.....where we have the FREEDOM to give a shit.
Or not.

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Islander, 21 JT Rubicon, 19 Grand Sport
Occupation
scientific negotiator
I waved to a C3 when I was driving my C7 once and the guy gave me the finger.

I wasn't butthurt, but I did post about it on the wrong forum.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I’ve owned open top Jeeps most of my driving life(40 Yrs) and I just wave (a lot more now than ever). I rarely even look to see if they wave back (I’ll wave at cool Jeeps regardless of open top or not. Lifted XJ’s and Classic Grands). The Jeep is a way of life for me. The Gladiator in 47,000 miles has been the most useful vehicle I have ever owned, and so fun to drive!

This world is a tough place. Just wave and be happy!
Sponsored