First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Pulled the boat today for the first time. Backed down ramp to load boat, jeep showed" auto park disabled place in park." Jeep was in park would not go in gear. Turned off cranked it back and same issue. Second time left it off for 5 minutes while checking owners manual, found no info on auto park. Truck started and shifted in to gear with a pop drove home with out issues. Had the same issue at home after unhooking boat. JT Sport S with out max tow package boat is 3000 pounds.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled the boat today for the first time. Backed down ramp to load boat, jeep showed" auto park disabled place in park." Jeep was in park would not go in gear. Turned off cranked it back and same issue. Second time left it off for 5 minutes while checking owners manual, found no info on auto park. Truck started and shifted in to gear with a pop drove home with out issues. Had the same issue at home after unhooking boat. JT Sport S with out max tow package boat is 3000 pounds.
There are several threads on this issue around here somewhere.

Did you try driving with the door open and the seatbelt unbuckled? The autopark is a safety feature to keep you from running over yourself.

OP
OP

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The door had been open while I loaded the boat, seat belt was not on but the door was open.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thinks for the info I had no idea what was going on. My first thought was a electric glitch with all the computer controls in the transmission. OK it was a malfunction behind the steering wheel. Saved me a 75 mile drive to the dealer.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I bought some cheap seat belt extenders from Amazon and plugged them in to my seat belt receptacle. That kills auto park permanently and still functions just like normal with the seat belt.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Auto park engaged on me a couple of times .... each time the door wasn't fully closed. Seat belt doesn't trip it ... it's the door

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's sort of both. The door won't trigger it unless the seatbelt is unbuckled. Fix it at the seatbelt and the annoying feature goes away forever.

Sponsored