Sponsored

Auto park then what

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Auto park is both a blessing and a curse. When I road rage and jump out of the car to show how bad ass I am, the car automatically parks when in drive! It saves me a solid two seconds of fiddling around with putting the truck in park whilst raging.

Conversely, when I get back in to the car I always have a hard time speeding off in the afterglow of my outburst since I have to go through the "process". It is tedious, but really saves time on the front end!
This is the kind of upbeat thinking we should all have 😂
Sponsored

gmadams

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Gladiator
Is there any way to disable the autopark feature? There are times when I would like to have it open while inching forward.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
My dad always had a seatbelt extender in his truck to disable the beeping when he’d move it around with his seatbelt off. I wonder with the gladiator if you could disable this with a taser, but I’ve never had an issue with my 6 speed 🤣

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Used the Jscan app with gateway bypass adapter and programed to disable both the Auto Park and Seat Belt Chime on my Gladiator. Works great.

Last edited:

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I had this happen about a month or so ago. Scared the bejesus out of me. I was backing out of a parking spot and WHAM; no go. I'm stuck. Can't go forward, can't go back, got the lane blocked...I'm like WTH is going on??? Put can in park, get out, walk around, get back in...of course shutting the door firmly and putting seat belt on and then "TADA". Now...it makes sense

Racidine

First Name
Tracie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
This has clearly been answered here many times, and I didn't look at them all, but this has happened to me three times. I was in a campsite trying to back up to my trailer to hitch it, and being in the middle of nowhere I finally called by dealership. What works for me is to turn off the Park Assist (it's the button with big P and three curved lines, the thing that beeps at you when you get too close to stuff). I push that, then shut the car off and re-start it (the equivalent of restart on your computer). Then everything works fine. Your Gladiator's park assist is just warning you you're about to run into something and is protecting you from your own stubbornness, lol.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This has clearly been answered here many times, and I didn't look at them all, but this has happened to me three times. I was in a campsite trying to back up to my trailer to hitch it, and being in the middle of nowhere I finally called by dealership. What works for me is to turn off the Park Assist (it's the button with big P and three curved lines, the thing that beeps at you when you get too close to stuff). I push that, then shut the car off and re-start it (the equivalent of restart on your computer). Then everything works fine. Your Gladiator's park assist is just warning you you're about to run into something and is protecting you from your own stubbornness, lol.
Park assist is different than Auto park.
Used the Jscan app with gateway bypass adapter and programed to disable both the Auto Park and Seat Belt Chime on my Gladiator. Works great.
So you're telling me that you can have your seatbelt unbuckled, and open the door and your truck won't stop?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Park assist is different than Auto park.

So you're telling me that you can have your seatbelt unbuckled, and open the door and your truck won't stop?
I do it all the time. One real advantage of MT, that crap isn't present!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JT LIFE

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Update.
The battery system checked out good, diagnosis is the wiring harness that runs from battery to the brains, something about being too close to the exhaust and to replace it the body comes off the frame. Will give update on the repair as received. The other good news is I did not unlock the seatbelt and open the door while backing up to trigger the autopark safety feature, just lucky it happened in my driveway instead of on the trails or highway.

Flmthwr65

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
what is this jcan bypass boot gate voodoo of which you speak can you dumb it down a bit for me I am not from your world..... But still want to go forward or back with the door open once in a while

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
what is this jcan bypass boot gate voodoo of which you speak can you dumb it down a bit for me I am not from your world..... But still want to go forward or back with the door open once in a while
So I don't have to explain it all...
http://jscan.net/
Very helpful to make mods to the computer.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
If you leave your "off road" doors on, you will never encounter this problem. Ha Ha. Hope you get this all resolved in a time expedient manor. Groceries? In a gladiator? Hmmm.
Groceries in the Gladiator is an awesome experience😁. I also have the Mopar trifold hard tonneau cover...

Gladiator Bed Organization.jpg

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
JSCAN and Tazer JL cannot disable "auto park".
TRUE!

When the door is open only something plugged into the the female seatbelt buckle or lightly keep pressure on the brake pedal will prevent Auto Park from engaging with an auto trans.
Sponsored