Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all complaining about the wires not being to long but I had to put a Jig Saw to my lights to make them fit. There is a bolt coming from the bumper that was in the way on both lights. I had to notch out the light right by the top inside screw hole to make them fit. I couldn't back out the screw because the top of the screw is covered by part of the bumper. So my options were to cut a notch or start disassembling my bumper to back out a screw on each side.
With that said I'm pretty happy with the lights. I think it was worth the money.
That's the first anyone has mentioned that sort of issue. Where others have said they trimmed a pin - I was able to rotate mine into place without cutting a thing (stock Overland, stock rear bumper)

Are you saying the bolt at B was in the way???

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_111254_HDR

I used a nut driver handle, extension, and swivel and had the bolts out in seconds and the lights and bolts back in almost that fast.
So you are saying that bolt is up against the light on your truck? Looks like about 1/2" of clearance on mine.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_111322_HDR
Sponsored

Sperron

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep ladiator Sport S
That's the first anyone has mentioned that sort of issue. Where others have said they trimmed a pin - I was able to rotate mine into place without cutting a thing (stock Overland, stock rear bumper)

Are you saying the bolt at B was in the way???

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_111322_HDR

I used a nut driver handle, extension, and swivel and had the bolts out in seconds and the lights and bolts back in almost that fast.
So you are saying that bolt is up against the light on your truck? Looks like about 1/2" of clearance on mine.

Yes The bolt at B was in the way. I fidgeted with it for 10 minutes then busted out the power tools. It was a toss up to trim near the hole or trim the pin. I chose to carefully cut the corner off the tab where the hole is.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Trimming the pin would have done it easily. Many don't have any issues getting them in place, those that do trim a little bit off the end of the pin on the light and it goes right in.

Sperron

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep ladiator Sport S
Trimming the pin would have done it easily. Many don't have any issues getting them in place, those that do trim a little bit off the end of the pin on the light and it goes right in.
I chose the tab, but a cut is a cut. Kinda crazy to think you have to modify something to make it fit but it's nothing new considering all the modifies I have read about putting different side steps or bumpers on.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Did everyone else have a longer bolt then Papa and I? It took trying from a few different angles but once I found the right one it dropped right in with no modification. I don't get it.
Same for me... just had to start at like a 45 degree angle and then rotate it into position once the post was in the locating hole.

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
If folks would pay close attention on the way the OEM reflector came out, outer pin first, rotate reflector until inner pin comes out. Install new light with the inner pin first, rotating down until it goes in. Rotate light up and outer pin will fall in.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
If folks would close attention on the OEM reflector came out, outer pin first, rotate reflector until inner pin comes out. Install new light with the inner pin first, rotating down until it goes in. Rotate light up and outer pin will fall in.
Agreed. No problem here with the pins

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did everyone else have a longer bolt then Papa and I? It took trying from a few different angles but once I found the right one it dropped right in with no modification. I don't get it.
I just rotated it, tipped it in, and rotated it back around like the earlier pic.
So apparently that bolt is different on different trucks or I tried something most others did not?
I did put my fingers in the areas of C to protect the face of the light from the bumper bolt, but that was it.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_111911_HDR

Kannons610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yup - first thing I did - to prevent any wear or rubbing where it exits the left tail light area and anything else it may pass by under the truck.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20210702_111911_HDR
Can you tell me what diameter tubing you used and how long it needs to be to cover everything. I’d like to order it now so that I’m ready to go when I install. Thanks.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR

JJ's JT

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The driver's side went in with little problem, but I was not able to find a way for the passenger side. After a minute of trying, it was easier to grind an 1/8 of an inch off the locating pin. Below is a photo of the bolt that was in the way.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) Bolt interference

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I keep rolls of it on hand for my show cars, etc. I used the small stuff for the wires to the injectors on my 4.0 to replace the factory shields - and for that I used flame retardant loom. For the lights I used the cheaper stuff.

My amazon history says this may be 1/8" - I can go measure. The flame retardant was 1/4" and has a blue stripe on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I verified - compared the two - the flame retardant with the blue stripe which I know to be 1/4" with what I used on these lights and the loom I used on the lights is 1/8".

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Check out the wiring and connections on trailers, just adequate enough to get you home from the lot so you can pull it all out and redo it properly.

This example is better than most.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) Bolt interference

Trailer wiring, now that is a nightmare. I also love how nothing uses a standard color. I had one with issues for years, turned out the ground was never properly attached.
Sponsored