Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Man if you tried that in the logistics world you would be broke and out of business quickly.
I know - many things have a price point that's based not on actual cost but other factors - including psychology, what the market will bear, comparable to other similar services or products, whatever.
I worked in a company where at the annual meeting the CFO stood and said "this is one of the few companies where you can take ten thousand in engineering costs and sell it for close to a million".
I found I was in higher demand several years ago when I RAISED my prices for a certain service. Apparently people figured it wasn't as good is if it was that cheap.
A friend gave me a tip years ago - price high enough to keep the whiners away and bring in only the serious people. He became very busy and the whiners stopped bugging him about doing work.
Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
PITA, yes but I’m trying to be understanding. I can easily see how QC worked because that batch of connections worked on the JTs at hand. Supplier could have mixed in bad ones or possibly Jeep. Let’s work the issue with data. I don’t think Oracle ever wanted such an issue. I can see the same kind of thing happening for extension connectors. Supplier may have mislabeled a batch.

I hope cooler heads work the problem. It looks to be readily solvable.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Received my shipping notice for the extension cable. That wasn’t long at all. Looking forward to uniting my long lost passenger side with the driver side. Can’t wait to see what two of these puppies together do for illumination.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Received my shipping notice for the extension cable. That wasn’t long at all. Looking forward to uniting my long lost passenger side with the driver side. Can’t wait to see what two of these puppies together do for illumination.
They faded the paint on the red car I have parked in the garage behind my JT. I was concerned about setting the back wall of the garage on fire.
My truck can be seen from the international space station when I back down my driveway now.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Given that the harness connected for some of us (me) and not for others even though we have the same setups (stock JTR Diesel here with factory towing), I’m guessing Oracle got a mixed bag of newer and older connectors for their harness and shipped them that way. They may not have even realized it.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Given that the harness connected for some of us (me) and not for others even though we have the same setups (stock JTR Diesel here with factory towing), I’m guessing Oracle got a mixed bag of newer and older connectors for their harness and shipped them that way. They may not have even realized it.
Yup that’s one of the things I suggested to them in my last post. Sounds like it could be true considering you and I have the same setup.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Yup that’s one of the things I suggested to them in my last post. Sounds like it could be true considering you and I have the same setup.
Yep. And I should add I am all factory LED too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
For Oracle’s benefit, my data point:

2020 Launch Edition Rubicon. with factory LED package built June 18, 2019.

Oracle harness into truck harness was quite tight but did ultimately click and latch.

LED taillight into Oracle harness did not go, even with several clamping approaches. 3 strokes of a file on the top of the tab sticking upset it slide together and allowed the red lock to engage. No click, but with the red latch engaged it stayed together when tugged. I should have tried a click test after each file stroke but my patience was at a low point.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I installed the Vision-X kit. With the Aux panel already installed in the Rubicon it made life so much easier. 15 minutes and a few zip-ties and I was done. Definitely worth the money. Super bright.

Light complete.jpg

Light installed.jpg

Reflector.jpg

Lights on.jpg

Panel.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Vision-X kit. With the Aux panel already installed in the Rubicon it made life so much easier. 15 minutes and a few zip-ties and I was done. Definitely worth the money. Super bright.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) Panel

Only downside - not legal in some places, most especially California. Reflectors are law. (I'm thinking maybe even federal, would have to check my notes)
Don't get caught along the side of the road with lights off after dark. Just saying - cool ain't always legal (or road safe)