Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to Justin at Oracle. He said,that @ORACLElights will refund my piggy back purchase and he walked me through using the taps on my aftermarket lights as I didn’t want to tap my wiring harness from the Gladiator. Slick as snot, work great stupid bright. Love them now.

Also, I had no wish to back out of my production run flush lights. With this set up can’t wait to see them when they come in.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, no luck at all. As some others have just commented this damn plug will NOT go together. Honestly I'm not convinced it's the right plug. It should NEVER be this hard to snap together. You can push it in, then it hits a point where it just won't go any further. I thought maybe the plug was too long so I shaved some off and that didn't help either. There are a few versions of the Molex 12 pin plug and at this point I would not be surprised if we discover Oracle screwed up again and ordered the wrong version. I have the "correct" plug on order with Mouser and it arrives tomorrow. If this thing snaps right in we know something. I'll post back tomorrow after the new female plug arrives to confirm one way or another.
Can't wait to see the results here! Since the extension cable plug ends are wrong - could this be?

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor
Installed lights this past weekend. Reflectors came out easily, lights rotated in with a little fussing, but no modifications needed. I did silicone where the wires exited the lamp and installed cable clamps as strain relievers.(Oracle should have done/provided this ). Ran PNP harnesses with 2nd chance extension through wire loom for protection (Oracle should have provided) . Zip tied harnesses securely in various spots. I was approximately 1 ft short, 2nd chance cable with incorrect connectors was 6’ long. I will be requesting replacement extension cable with correct connectors of a more appropriate length from Oracle. Love the lights, turn night into day. However, I am considering rewiring passenger side light to an auxiliary switch for manual control and have only driver side run by backup light wiring. All in all, Oracle did not sell us a finished product and whiffed on first try with extension cable. I hope a 2nd cable will be offered and only time will tell how-good the long term quality is.

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
I remember reading somewhere in theses 50+ pages about the stock LED reverse light not working after installing these.

I just finished the install, and now my left reverse light in the stock taillight is not working. I can't seem to find it in this thread...

Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Jason

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I remember reading somewhere in theses 50+ pages about the stock LED reverse light not working after installing these.

I just finished the install, and now my left reverse light in the stock taillight is not working. I can't seem to find it in this thread...

Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Jason
Replace the standard factory bulbs with LED bulbs. Apparently the Oracle lights and standard bulbs together draw just a little too much.

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have LED taillights already as stock
If you used the Oracle harness, make sure no wires in it are crossed, and the connections are good. It should be straight through (pin 1 to 1, 2 to 2).

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
If you used the Oracle harness, make sure no wires in it are crossed, and the connections are good. It should be straight through (pin 1 to 1, 2 to 2).
Everything is pin-to-pin, except for 2 which I can’t tell because it’s their splice into the harness and it’s covered in heat shrink.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not reading through all 50+ pages...

Does Oracle offer a way to switch these lights and have them work when the Gladiator is in Reverse?

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Spent a week at my off grid place up in Maine, so night lights other than the moon and stars and the woods are dark as hell. These lights are hella bright and work great—my install will be final when I get the correct extension. I backed down a 100ft driveway in the dark with no issues, bright as can be, like daylight in my camera. I did not take pics though….oops.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Finally got mine installed today. Once I got them in and the harness connected (clicked together no issues) and tested, the lights come on once in reverse and then left light and the 2 oracle lights flash on and off every few seconds. After a few flashes they stop coming on and only the right factory reverse light comes on. Anyone had similar issue?
IDK if you got an answer about this (haven’t made it to the end of the thread yet). LEDs will usually flash when they don’t have a solid neutral - at least 120/277v lights do this. Check all the wires are making contact in your connector.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Oracle is using the wrong connectors. You can confirm this yourself by looking at the model number on the factory harness. Jeep uses the new version of the molecule connector, Oracle when cheap and bought the discontinued version. I called Molex to confirm and got the info I needed that validated my suspicion.

Thats the reason we can’t get the two connectors together.

As an added note, I HAD crossed cables in my harness and fixed them and it still didn’t work. I had to then triple check the individual wires to make sure they were seated properly and all plugging in. Some weren’t, so as a last resort I tried to glue the the wires into the connectors… that didn’t work. Now I’m down a connector and waiting on Oracle to make the situation right!

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
i need these, the pre runner lights and the oculus lights for my gladiator

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oracle is using the wrong connectors. You can confirm this yourself by looking at the model number on the factory harness. Jeep uses the new version of the molecule connector, Oracle when cheap and bought the discontinued version. I called Molex to confirm and got the info I needed that validated my suspicion.

Thats the reason we can’t get the two connectors together.

As an added note, I HAD crossed cables in my harness and fixed them and it still didn’t work. I had to then triple check the individual wires to make sure they were seated properly and all plugging in. Some weren’t, so as a last resort I tried to glue the the wires into the connectors… that didn’t work. Now I’m down a connector and waiting on Oracle to make the situation right!
Good catch. So it's the wrong version of that Molex connector that's the issue at the tail light harness.
So why are some of us getting these together and latched - and they are working?
I'm curious why only some are complaining of the fit while others are not. And some of those "complaining (not to be taken in a negative context) can't get them together at all, while others appear to have at least gotten things together.
Sponsored