Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I like B, keeps the factory look
🤯 This guys right here.... you realize that post was December and the product was released months ago right?
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested. The part number for the female side of the Tail Light plug is Molex p/n 33472-1201.
You can find it at Mouser here:
538-33472-1201

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I like B, keeps the factory look
Point is moot, B is all that's made.
If you want these lights, "B" is what you get.
I suspect this is likely at least in part because you must by law have reflectors (and it's worse in California as their rule is more strict than some states) and that's pretty much what was chosen.

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Happy to report that by removing the"plug and play" wiring harness solved my problem with the blind spot sensor failure, and I was able to connect the factory connectors and lock them together.....
My scorecard reads lights 1, harness 0. And by that I mean I love the lights, woefully disappointed in the harness........ And that's what sold me on even trying these lights....

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to report that by removing the"plug and play" wiring harness solved my problem with the blind spot sensor failure, and I was able to connect the factory connectors and lock them together.....
My scorecard reads lights 1, harness 0. And by that I mean I love the lights, woefully disappointed in the harness........ And that's what sold me on even trying these lights....
Not sure if you’ve seen the other posts but the issue is a wire crossed from one side to the other. For example pin 1 on the male side needs to go to pin 1 on female side, all the way through all 12 pins.

Sponsored

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
Lights are in without the harness.....
I always keep in mind keep it simple stupid (K.I.S.S) when it come to do mod's in my Jeep, that was the reason for buying the harness adapter, plugged in and voila lights were installed; not in this case....
Harness cables too short Oracle QC made their inspection of the lights and harness on a Ford Bronco....
They just stole from me couple of bucks on this dream PnP harness . Oracle could tell me I could use your JT for Research and Development and you could do the QC inspection and it would be understandable.

Like I said I installed the lights to my Voswitch JL200 8 Gang Switch Panel Power Control System one positive wire and ground to chassis and (K.I.S.S) finished.

I would think again buying from them......

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
A little silicone grease and some "umph" will snap the connector together. That's partly how some of these connectors work. I've got factory connectors I salvaged from a 94 Jeep that are tough to get far enough together to "click".
Uh, yeah, that was a no-go for me. There is obviously a problem with this harness where the tail light plugs in. I effed with just the plug for over an hour. Not my first automotive connector, should have taken 30 seconds. I used contact lube and several clamping approaches. There was no click to be heard. I could not engage the lock either. After a close look, the tab on the harness appeared to be a bit jagged at the top and felt a bit tall compared to the factory connector. I was pissed and hit it with 3 strokes of a file to lower it a tad. Push the connector together, no click, but could engage the lock. It passed the tug test.

Extension cable did plug together but also has the mismatched caps, so the o-rings are not sealed as they should. I used tape and heat shrink for now but do want the real matched extensio.n.

Plug and play my a$$. Trying to be patient but the frustration factor is way high. No trouble with the mounting on my Rubicon, the modules went in easily without any obstructions found on other models. That might have pushed me over the edge.

At least they are in and working for now. The look is great and so is the light. I just want the right cable connectors so the water stays out.

txGlad

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
TX Semiconductors

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck...always like to see things succeed.
Nope, no luck at all. As some others have just commented this damn plug will NOT go together. Honestly I'm not convinced it's the right plug. It should NEVER be this hard to snap together. You can push it in, then it hits a point where it just won't go any further. I thought maybe the plug was too long so I shaved some off and that didn't help either. There are a few versions of the Molex 12 pin plug and at this point I would not be surprised if we discover Oracle screwed up again and ordered the wrong version. I have the "correct" plug on order with Mouser and it arrives tomorrow. If this thing snaps right in we know something. I'll post back tomorrow after the new female plug arrives to confirm one way or another.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, yeah, that was a no-go for me. There is obviously a problem with this harness where the tail light plugs in. I effed with just the plug for over an hour. Not my first automotive connector, should have taken 30 seconds. I used contact lube and several clamping approaches. There was no click to be heard. I could not engage the lock either. After a close look, the tab on the harness appeared to be a bit jagged at the top and felt a bit tall compared to the factory connector. I was pissed and hit it with 3 strokes of a file to lower it a tad. Push the connector together, no click, but could engage the lock. It passed the tug test.
Ditto man!!

Sponsored

bradj1964

First Name
brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
For those of you with non-LED stock tail lights (reverse lights specifically), here is the LED bulb replacement that I used to fix the issue where the Oracle lights would flash on, then go off and the driver's side stock reverse light would not illuminate.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FHNZKW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

$14
Glad to hear these work, I put in the sylvania led 912 bulbs and mine still do the same thing the stock halogen bulbs did, flash on, then go off, and drivers side stock reverse light wont come on

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
For my JL, I ordered their PNP harness for the JL bumper backup lights and they actually sent me the JT harness. I had to send it back for the JL harness and planned to do the install when I did the JT install so I wouldn’t spend multiple days in the hot garage. I think I’m going to just posi-tap into the trailer harness backup light wire on the JL.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Think I might have to cancel my order....

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Think I might have to cancel my order....
If you refer to our earlier post, all reverse lights currently on back order will be corrected in our latest production run. We have also provided solutions for everyone that has had concerns with the harness or the length.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
This is how it goes for many companies and discounted first run products. We get the product before anyone else at a slight discount, we get to beta test the stuff then provide constructive criticism in the form of scathing posts about the company, which hopefully results in a better product. From that point on all future buyers and the company should hold the first run/beta testers in high regard for their sacrifices and frustration.
Sponsored