Sponsored

Auxiliary switch group? What do you do with it?

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Checking with Genesis, but I plan to use one of the higher amp switches in the momentary mode to toggle the battery parallel switch mounted on the battery bracket. Waiting on their call back to let me know if this will work...... Oh, still waiting on my JTR to be delivered..
Did you end up doing this?
Sponsored

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Black , 2004 LJ D60's 39.5 IRoKs AMC 401 V-8
Did you end up doing this?
I installed the Genesis battery tray, but haven't wired up to my Aux switch yet. It's ready to got just got sidetracked on another project. Also, never got a good "nod" from Shane at Genesis, he said it should work and should be fine. I don't have doubts, and feel it will be fine. The blue wire that's coiled up is the one that I have plans to use.

IMG_6396.jpg

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Genesis battery tray, but haven't wired up to my Aux switch yet. It's ready to got just got sidetracked on another project. Also, never got a good "nod" from Shane at Genesis, he said it should work and should be fine. I don't have doubts, and feel it will be fine. The blue wire that's coiled up is the one that I have plans to use.

IMG_6396.jpg
The Battery Boost option lets you use the Auxiliary battery to start the truck if the Primary battery gets discharged. The problem with using an AUX switch is it's fed by the Primary battery and may not have enough voltage to trigger the boost function. Typically, you would want the boost enable button to be fed by the battery with the higher charge level (usually Auxiliary). It should work, as the battery may have enough charge to trigger a relay, even if it's too low to spin the starter.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
This is one of the better options offered, just wish an accessory circuit was included under the hood with the Auxiliary 1-4 circuits.

RVcruzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangle Unlimited Rubicon
I use one to operate my long range lights. I used the under-hood power supply to feed the lights via a relay that is activated by the high beam circuit, which is also broken by a second relay that is connected to the Aux 1 switch line. That way the lights only come on when my high beams are on and the Aux 1 switch is lit up and active. Gives me a choice of low beams, high beams or high beams plus driving lights. My Aux 2 will get used to operate heated wipers and my Aux 3 may get used for headlamp washers. Not fun living in Wisconsin in winter.:(
Sponsored