Sponsored

Auxiliary switch group? What do you do with it?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Used our Aux switches to wire up led cube lights for aftermarket bumper. Will probably add A pillar lights, and onboard air as well.

8638D237-C5DB-41C5-8C68-DBD61C36DD0E.jpeg
A24635BE-2244-4A1B-994E-06104C0FD253.jpeg
Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Used our Aux switches to wire up led cube lights for aftermarket bumper. Will probably add A pillar lights, and onboard air as well.

8638D237-C5DB-41C5-8C68-DBD61C36DD0E.jpeg
A24635BE-2244-4A1B-994E-06104C0FD253.jpeg
Nice setup, how is the trailcam view with that bumper? And what kind is it?

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Would this be Helpful for adding an aftermarket amplifier? About to place order and want to know just in case the alpine doesn’t have enough bass... and I want to add another sub
I would not recommend it. While two of the circuits are rated at 30 amps, a good amp install should have properly sized power and ground wiring. Save the switches for things you really need to switch on and off.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Nice setup, how is the trailcam view with that bumper? And what kind is it?
It is a Poison Spyder Bruiser. It interferes with the camera view. Not a big deal I though, doubt we’ll use it on the trail.

55F386C1-75E1-4EB0-8DB7-3994530A9C3E.jpeg

Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
That doesn't look as bad as I thought. The camera seems to elongate the bar some but it kind of runs parellel to the lines and the rest of the view looks good. Thanks for the pic.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
New to Jeeps - so need to ask a simple question: why would you get the auxiliary switch group and what would you do with it? What are some of the things you would hook up to this? Trying to understand if I should spend the money because I will need it later or if it is extraneous. Thanks for looking!
If you think you might do any mods whatsoever to your Jeep, this is a really great option. For my 2007 JK there was no such OEM choice. So I had to do a lot of wiring and buy the rather pricey sPOD (something like $400) plus custom switches, plus do some underdash wiring for my radio gear, and through the firewall wiring for other radio gear and the inverter and the fridge. This option will save a ton of work and expense. I'm glad Jeep followed Ford's lead on the Raptor making this an option. Will definitely have on mine once ordered (holding out for Gobi).

Edit: The switch labels are obvious except the engine fan. That one turns off the fan for when I ford deep water. Since switches are NOT programmable for the sPOD, I had to add another relay to accomplish that.

sPod Control, Mar 15, N5_2251, Contura XIV Toggles.jpg

OP
OP
usc4duke

usc4duke

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If you think you might do any mods whatsoever to your Jeep, this is a really great option. For my 2007 JK there was no such OEM choice. So I had to do a lot of wiring and buy the rather pricey sPOD (something like $400) plus custom switches, plus do some underdash wiring for my radio gear, and through the firewall wiring for other radio gear and the inverter and the fridge. This option will save a ton of work and expense. I'm glad Jeep followed Ford's lead on the Raptor making this an option. Will definitely have on mine once ordered (holding out for Gobi).

Edit: The switch labels are obvious except the engine fan. That one turns off the fan for when I ford deep water. Since switches are NOT programmable for the sPOD, I had to add another relay to accomplish that.

sPod Control, Mar 15, N5_2251, Contura XIV Toggles.jpg
Thanks for the feedback here (to everyone)! I am waiting for the Gobi as well!

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the feedback here (to everyone)! I am waiting for the Gobi as well!
If you want more detail on my Jeep Wrangler JK electrical mods, this video has a segment on that starting at 14:41. That should give you some ideas on what you may want to do with your Gladiator ...

This is part of a ten part series of my trip on the western half of the TransAmerica Trail, but appended to each trip video is a studio chat on various topics. The chats are listed in the playlist description which may be found on my YouTube channel. It's best viewed in a browser, not an app, because the apps tend to truncate the description.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
If you plan on adding any additional lights, like a light bar or trail lights/rock lights it's nice to have because the wiring is already in place. I didn't get it on mine so it is going to be more involved when I go to add lights. I think you can also use the Aux switches for a winch, etc. So if you plan on adding any of these things in the future go ahead and get it.
My winch had to be wired directly to battery.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I've been wondering about this. Did you by the MOPAR Aux switches and install after the fact? I asked a local stereo shop about that and they weren't sure if it was possible, something about not wanting to splice into the original wiring harness or something. But I saw that you can purchase it and that is what I want to do.
I ordered it for my build from the factory so I have all 6. I just learned about the aftermarket Mopar install from the JL forum when I went looking for info on where to find the wires and such.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I look at it as when I built my house - never enough outlets / power supplies - if I can have them pre canned in my build and integrated - Winner. Extra lights, other 12 volt accessories, No need to cut modify or route through a dashboard or wiring harness. I will have an extra set lights on the front bumper / winch / probably some rear spot/flood lights

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
My winch had to be wired directly to battery.
Main winch power should have been to battery - activation of solenoid should be from a fused power supply lower amp rating -

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I look at it as when I built my house - never enough outlets / power supplies - if I can have them pre canned in my build and integrated - Winner. Extra lights, other 12 volt accessories, No need to cut modify or route through a dashboard or wiring harness. I will have an extra set lights on the front bumper / winch / probably some rear spot/flood lights
Agreed. It's worth the cost to know it's there when you need it. I only have one switch actually in use at the moment but they'll all be useful eventually and the programming and integration in the dash is great. My brother didn't order it with his and he regrets it.

Reactions: JP1

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Having lines pre-run to both in cab and the engine compartment, ya worth it.
The ability to program those switches on screen on/off or momentary; reset with each start or memory, ya worth it.

I'm not using all (yet):
Switched HOT line in cab: DashCam
Constant HOT line in engine compartment: power for bumper lights (on/off controlled with the OEM fogs)
Aux 1: Lightbar
Aux 2:
Aux 3:
DOT lights
Aux 4:
So one of the first thing I'm going to do when I get my truck is to add a dash cam. I'm thinking about getting the blackvue and also have it record while parked. What's the difference between Switched and Constant Hot Line? If I wanted the dash cam to record videos in parking mode, does it need to be wired to Switched HOT Line?
Sponsored