Sponsored

Banks tuner

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Any advice on install. Looking to tackle this today and just kind of scratching my head on the pillar trim. Did you use epoxy to mount or are their bolts under there?
Hey bud. I used a bolt from behind the Pilar and it works great. I got it at Lowe’s. It needs to be short though. If i had it to do over I’d put some adhesive tape in between just for aesthetics and OCDness. Btw I also had to put one round of electrical tape around my dash inset to get it snug in the POD. Worked great
you will dig it.
Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Any more thoughts on the Banks vs the GDE? Guys with EcoDiesels on other planforms say the Banks is more a "fool" device than a tune and that the GDE provides a much cleaner engine with using the low pressure EGR instead of high etc. But the GDE you have to go through the hassle of buying a second ECU and getting someone to clone it.

Looks like the Banks price increases tomorrow, so wondering if I should pull the trigger.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Any more thoughts on the Banks vs the GDE? Guys with EcoDiesels on other planforms say the Banks is more a "fool" device than a tune and that the GDE provides a much cleaner engine with using the low pressure EGR instead of high etc. But the GDE you have to go through the hassle of buying a second ECU and getting someone to clone it.

Looks like the Banks price increases tomorrow, so wondering if I should pull the trigger.
Think I might be going with Banks over GDE because of the clone issue.

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel
Think I might be going with Banks over GDE because of the clone issue.
Good call, my Derringer has been excellent for 12,000 plus miles. Had a couple little issues with it and my Tazer not jiving but a firmware update to the Tazer fixed that. Also heard a lot of complaints towards GDEs transmission tune side of things too.

Bald Menace

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Speaking from first hand experience the Derringer and pedal Monster make a huge difference. Near instant boost. Zero turbo or throttle lag and thats with pedal monster on street level 3 and Derringer on level 2. The Derringer monitors EGT's and won't let them exceed factory limits. Its NOT a placebo. Mileage hasn't improved noticably but hasn't decreased either.

Menace

Sponsored

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
So how long was the install? … trying to map out my day/night so I’m not up until o-dark-thirty trying to slam it all back together before heading to work in the morning. Will be doing the pedal monster at the same time (if I can).

Pretty mechanically inclined but not going to pretend I’m a full time mechanic

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
So how long was the install? … trying to map out my day/night so I’m not up until o-dark-thirty trying to slam it all back together before heading to work in the morning. Will be doing the pedal monster at the same time (if I can).

Pretty mechanically inclined but not going to pretend I’m a full time mechanic
I installed mine in about 3 hours including the firewall penetration and installing my center dash gauge pod.
Sponsored