Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
So I installed mine last night and all I can say is it truly does give more power then in stock, very noticeable difference and I am very pleased with my purchase. Now thinking of adding in the pedal monster as well
you will be so glad you did!

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
Man.. that looks really good!

Edit: Just ordered one :)

Sponsored

Pike1892

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
I have been looking into this to get more power and possibly help with towing but do not want to add anymore temp's while towing. Those that have it did you see a temp rise in fluid because of the kit?

I live in Utah and we have some large grades that are a problem for these trucks getting hot while towing, will this help at all or make it worse?

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Does anyone know if the dealer can detect that a Banks tuner was installed at some point? With some of the issues I read about with stock ecodiesels, I want to keep my warranty for a while.

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
Does running a Banks tuner void the warranty? Not really sure why it would.

Does anyone know if the dealer can detect that a Banks tuner was installed at some point? With some of the issues I read about with stock ecodiesels, I want to keep my warranty for a while.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
yes. It is wired into the stock harness under the hood. You would have to remove it. Even then, if they do a deep dive into your Jeep’s brain, they’ll see it.

Does running a Banks tuner void the warranty? Not really sure why it would.

It increases the hp and torque. It alters the OEM engine management system. Taps in to electrical harness. That right there, is enough to void the entire warranty on the vehicle.

Gotta pay to play. If you aren’t in fir rolling the dice, don’t.

I’m not tuning mine until the warranty is up.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I tell people if you're concerned at all about your powertrain warranty, don't tune it.

Most modern ECU's log requested and actual peak boost. Boost spikes can occur during waste-gate failures but not requested peak boost. Forget throttle & fuel mapping, A/F ratio compensation, TCU calibration etc. Peak boost requested is the telltale sign that at some point, a non-OEM device requested more than factory boost peak regardless if you return your vehicle to stock before bringing it in. It's in the ECUs onboard memory.

Everything I've owned in the last 20 years has at a minimum had a piggy-back on it, in most cases a full bench tune. I have yet to have any sort warranty claim refused for things that are clearly unrelated but I also would never bring in a knocking engine after attempting to return it to stock and play dumb.

Surely someone will (or maybe has) mentioned the magnuson moss act. The failure must be proven to have been caused by the mod... yada yada. I have yet to meet (or even hear of) a single human actually summoning the power of the magnuson moss act to slot a new motor or tranny in after being sneaky and pulling a tune. It's absurd. Next time someone tells you "oh... you're covered because of the magna...." Ignore them. If you're tuned and anything in the powertrain breaks, yes, it's likely a result of the massive stresses an aftermarket tune imposes.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
ver bring in a knocking engine after attempting to return it to stock and play dumb.

Surely someone will (or maybe has) mentioned the magnuson moss act. The failure must be proven to have been caused by the mod... yada yada. I have yet to meet (or even hear of) a single human actually summoning the power of the magnuson moss act to slot a new motor or tranny in after being sneaky and pulling a tune. It's absurd. Next time someone tells you "oh... you're covered because of the magna...." Ignore them. If you're tuned and anything in the powertrain breaks, yes, it's likely a result of the massive stresses an aftermarket tune imposes.
Yeah, I never listen to those people who quote the magnuson act. It only provides precedence for the customer to prove that that the mods didn't cause the failure. If FCA or any manufacturer denies the warranty based on mods installed by the customer, it's up to the customer to prove that those mods didn't cause the failure. In the end, it's probably not worth fighting...

Last edited:

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tell people if you're concerned at all about your powertrain warranty, don't tune it.

Most modern ECU's log requested and actual peak boost. Boost spikes can occur during waste-gate failures but not requested peak boost. Forget throttle & fuel mapping, A/F ratio compensation, TCU calibration etc. Peak boost requested is the telltale sign that at some point, a non-OEM device requested more than factory boost peak regardless if you return your vehicle to stock before bringing it in. It's in the ECUs onboard memory.

Everything I've owned in the last 20 years has at a minimum had a piggy-back on it, in most cases a full bench tune. I have yet to have any sort warranty claim refused for things that are clearly unrelated but I also would never bring in a knocking engine after attempting to return it to stock and play dumb.

If the tune you’re running imposes “massive stresses“ on your engine you picked the wrong tuner…

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I never listen to those people who quote the magnuson act. It only provides precedence for the customer to prove that that the mods didn't cause the failure. If FCA or any manufacturer denies the warranty based on mods installed by the customer, it's up to the customer to prove that those mods didn't cause the failure. In the end, it's probably not worth fighting...
I certainly won’t go as far as to say the Magnuson-Moss act is a magic bullet to get around denied warranty claims. That said, if someone actually takes the time to read the letter of the law, the burden of proof is absolutely on the dealership to prove your mod caused a failure. I’ve seen it stated on this forum multiple times the burden is on the vehicle owner so I decided to look it up. Simply not true.
Who pays a lawyer without feeling it more is the next factor obviously but regardless the law reads as it reads..
Sponsored