First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Just bought a "like new" ARB stubby bumper with Warn VR-10 winch (see pict) which a friend and I plan to install on my new Mojave this weekend.
My question is do any of you think we will have to remove the front crash plate that comes on the Mojave in order to hook up the bumper?? I'm hoping we can keep it.
If you have any other pointers, let me know them, please.
thanks

bumper & winch.jpg

Mojave d.jpg
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Almost for certain. On the plastic bumpers it's attached to the actual bumper. Perhaps the Mojave is different but looks the same to me.

You can get ones after market, but there's also stubbys that extend further down and have it integrated.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
The Mojave front skid is attached to brackets on the frame horns, not to the plastic bumper. Some people have had to try bumpers or the skid to make it fit, but you may get lucky. Only way to know is to try.

BlamBlamTheMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Vehicle Showcase
I just did a new bumper on my Mojave this weekend. After doing the take off on mine, and looking at that bumper, I can give you a solid... "maybe?"

It will really depend how far down and how deep that new bumper goes. You can remove the whole mojave bumper without touching the skid plate. So I would do that, and then see how the new bumper mounts up. It will be very obvious if the skid plate needs to come off or not

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Thank you, gentlemen.

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Ok, the project is completed and I can now answer the age old question as to whether the Mojave front skid plate has to be removed to add the ARB stubby bumper......

The answer is that it does need to come off to make the bumper install easier, HOWEVER, once the bumper is installed, it can easily be re-installed. So....... I am a happy camper.

Thanks for your input on this.

New Bumper a.jpg

New Bumper b.jpg

New Bumper c.jpg
Sponsored