Sponsored

Bed cover with rack

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
You interested in one? I can make more!
I've got the Bak X4 cover that has T-slots built-in. Still kinda waiting for something that mounts to that and still has room for the X4 to roll up. Regardless, I'm very impressed with the look and function of yours.
Sponsored

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Would you happen to have the part numbers used? I really like this option, but I think I would like to go with the tray option rather than the crossbars to take advantage of the numerous accessory options.
[/QUOTE]

I love the look of the rack, but my roof top tent is the same size as my bed, so putting a rack under it wouldn't leave me any space for more gear.

I only ordered 2 pair of the short legs with the tee slot mounting feet so I don't have that info for everything you would need for the rack. It's all 4 legs and mounts for the $147. They are just under $75 for a pair.

Pickup Roll Top/Top Mount Leg - by Front Runner
SKU: LASS028
2$147.90

Pretty sure that the whole setup might run you about $1200. Try to find a picture of the rack system for the Raptor or Gladiator (might be universal) with the Retrax style tee slots on the side rails. I think that your best bet would be to talk to Farinn at the Frontrunner customer service number.

Also, it will be good for you to know what size you want the rack to be in millimeters as the price changes depending on the size.
[/QUOTE]
Has anyone found these on a website to order? I can't seem to just find the legs or load bar kit to fit the gladiator with the X4s. Thanks

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
I've got the Bak X4 cover that has T-slots built-in. Still kinda waiting for something that mounts to that and still has room for the X4 to roll up. Regardless, I'm very impressed with the look and function of yours.
I have the same one. The Yakima Outpost and Overhaul racks will work with the X4. I just can't decide if I want the fixed, lower Outpost or the taller, adjustable Overhaul. That and they're not cheap.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I have the same one. The Yakima Outpost and Overhaul racks will work with the X4. I just can't decide if I want the fixed, lower Outpost or the taller, adjustable Overhaul. That and they're not cheap.
To repeat Axel's question, what feet do you have to order to make the Outpost work?

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f150(sold) 2021 Gladiator Sport
Thanks for that link, but are you sure that works? I understand that the X4 essentially has the Retrax slots, but the feet look like they extend too far inboard beyond the edge of the roll cover.
This is what I’m trying to find desperately I’d love to get the combo of the Yakima outlander / adjustable height and the x4 this would give me the ultimate in flexibility and utility.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Like a lot of you guys I was not happy with the mass produced bolt together U-channel bed racks and wanted something to work with a bed cover.

Designed my own rack with a weld together 1st Gen Tacoma kit from All Pro Off-Road, extra tubing, and other parts from various metal fab shops. It’s “modular”in that it’s easy to add or remove items for a long-weekend camping trip, day trip to the beach, or for daily use.

It’s set-up for all these accessories:

- roof top tent (Roam mid size with annex)

- 4’ folding table mount (Rebel Off Road); can access table without unloading truck

- side & rear awnings (Roam 5’ & 4’ units; the underside of awning is just over 6’ from ground level; 4 upright ARB mounts modified)

- dual Rotopax (water)

- high lift jack mount

- knock off Maxx Traxx and mount panels

- 4 LED lights on sides (2 driver + 2 passenger side); each rotates almost 360*; can use as campground lights, or to light the interior of the bed

- 1 LED task light strip at rear over tailgate; will run off separate stand-alone battery

There is zero loss of rear visibility straight out the back. And when I move the Rotopax to driver side front of bed it won’t block my rear side view.

Its super strong - almost like another roll bar. But light enough that me and my 12 year old can pick it up and install it.

And the best part of all - it works with my Access Literider bed cover!

Pics before paint...

6B8572CF-F454-4F80-A02F-69F8499B0686.jpeg

9B468131-5398-4C30-BE72-97A6BE9EAD47.jpeg

A79E46AF-C65C-416F-9DFE-352E1EB6192F.jpeg

2BEA1B38-35F4-415C-9260-88951795F8A6.jpeg

86BB118F-041E-492C-A386-3FC623D0FB0B.jpeg

502F2F9B-40E5-4D1D-BA1D-9560102602EF.jpeg

55BCE103-C7FA-4F22-A4A3-6AA025F4548C.jpeg

Sponsored

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Any update? I have an x4s and got the rhino rack low vortex bars for RTT purposes - I’d love to get an outpost to put on when the tent and vortex are stored.
Not yet. A guy on FB marketplace was selling his original feet for the Outpost/Overhaul because he got the ones for a tonneau. I asked him to measure his new ones (Tonneau feet) for me. He was incapable of understanding that I didn't want to buy his original ones and just wanted him to measure the new ones. He just kept telling me they wouldn't work with a tonneau. I just gave up.

So long story short, I still need to order them and see.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I took a chance on the 10 inch Max-Modular- hoping I would still be able to roll open my Rugged Ridge hard rolling tonneau. Well... success! The build quality of the Max Modular is fantastic and I’m able to roll the tonneau almost all the way open. See photos. The “riser” is a super strut fab I put together so that I could clear the roofline for longer items like the SUP in the photos.
F7E8E8FE-16D9-47FE-BD36-125CBE0C4164.jpeg
This is exactly what I’m looking to do. I have the Rugged Ridge Armis hard tolling cover installed (without cargo rails). Love it. Want a bedrack and it looks like this will work and allow me to roll up at least part-way.

Do you have the cargo rail in there? MOPAR, Builtright, other, or none? And which parts did you order from MAx Modular? The 10” rack yes, did you add the tonneau adapters (I think so)? Anything else? Any extra foam or gasket?

Appreciate your help and advice.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Any update? I have an x4s and got the rhino rack low vortex bars for RTT purposes - I’d love to get an outpost to put on when the tent and vortex are stored.
So here's an update. They're impossible to find. I found a seller on ebay, ordered a set, just got notification they canceled my order. Back to square one.